Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by trolleymusic
Hello!

About to book our annual (or biennial) trip to Australia for Christmas and am finding an OK deal but nothing mind blowing - just wanted to run it past everyone to see if anyone had any opinions before I booked it. It's for 2 passengers, both BA Gold. And there's a stopover in HKG on the way in and SIN on the way out.

Code:
08 DEC: OSL-LHR-SIN-HKG [BA J BA I CX I]
13 DEC: HKG-MEL-BNE     [CX I QF I]
14 JAN: MEL-SYD-HKG-SIN [QF I CX I CX I]
17 JAN: SIN-LHR-OSL     [BA I BA J]
£2770.22/pp - 800 TP

Books into INCEU28

An almost identical fare I booked a couple of years ago priced at £1800-ish at the time, but I guess that's a) a different sale, and b) the pound's gone down.

So if anyone has any opinions I'd be interested to hear them

Thanks!
How were you able to price this, if you dont mind me asking?

I need to head from London to Melbourne around the same time for a wedding - was planning on doing a LONE4 RTW ticket as I need to get NY after - but given that this ticket is about the same price and in business, it seems better value.

I can get the fare on itaMatrix if I just do OSL-MEL SYD-OSL, with layovers in SIN and HKG, but how do i add in multi-day stopovers in say SIN?

Obviously there are other side trips that I now wouldnt get to do, but they were almost for the sake of filling out the 16 segments, rather than trips i really wanted to do
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Olas86
I can get the fare on itaMatrix if I just do OSL-MEL SYD-OSL, with layovers in SIN and HKG, but how do i add in multi-day stopovers in say SIN?
Are you using the multi-city tab? You can specify up to six parts of the trip, with each part ending at a point at which you stop over.

For example, trolleymusic's trip could be searched for using:

OSL::LHR SIN
HKG

HKG::MEL
BNE

MEL::SYD HKG
SIN

SIN::LHR
OSL
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Are you using the multi-city tab? You can specify up to six parts of the trip, with each part ending at a point at which you stop over.

For example, trolleymusic's trip could be searched for using:

OSL::LHR SIN
HKG

HKG::MEL
BNE

MEL::SYD HKG
SIN

SIN::LHR
OSL
Yeah usually I use the return tab until I'm happy that I can get the route that I want and then use the multi-city to shorten/lengthen the stopovers and see if they'll price properly. I know my route could be £100 less if I didn't do the return stopover in SIN but wanted to do that
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by trolleymusic
Yeah usually I use the return tab until I'm happy that I can get the route that I want and then use the multi-city to shorten/lengthen the stopovers and see if they'll price properly. I know my route could be £100 less if I didn't do the return stopover in SIN but wanted to do that
Thanks. When I used the return tab I was getting ~£6k fares. Specifying the routing worked.

Called the gold line, got a very helpful agent and after 45mins playing with the point of sale to get the CX I availability to show up, was able to book for ~£2,600

OSL-LHR-HKG-MEL
SYD-HKG-SIN
SIN-HKG-LHR-OSL
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by walkingtall
Just booked CGK-CMB-BAH for £686 (540 TP) i thought would be less CGK-CMB but apparently its 140
Well done! It's 140x4 so 560TPs.

CGK is an excellent hub for Asia as UL does CGK-CMB-LHR one way in J for ~£895 or £320 in Y.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Olas86
Thanks. When I used the return tab I was getting ~£6k fares. Specifying the routing worked.

Called the gold line, got a very helpful agent and after 45mins playing with the point of sale to get the CX I availability to show up, was able to book for ~£2,600

OSL-LHR-HKG-MEL
SYD-HKG-SIN
SIN-HKG-LHR-OSL
^ That's great!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
If it can be useful to someone: I found ARN-SFO during Christmas holidays around 1370 eur, but I did not thoroughly investigate it.

https://www.google.be/flights/#searc...A778;sc=b;so=p
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by walkingtall
Just booked CGK-CMB-BAH for £686 (540 TP) i thought would be less CGK-CMB but apparently its 140
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster here... so please be gentle 😉

I'm looking to book one of these as a tier point run, and wanted to do it back-to-back through BAH.... Looks like despite it being sequential flight numbers, they're on different aircraft.

Just wondered if anyone has actually done this run before, and how easy it would be with a 1hr connection in BAH, and what the transit experience is like in BAH. My gut tells me it's too close for comfort...

Any advice appreciated!

Trent900Powered 😃
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Trent900Powered
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster here... so please be gentle 😉

I'm looking to book one of these as a tier point run, and wanted to do it back-to-back through BAH.... Looks like despite it being sequential flight numbers, they're on different aircraft.

Just wondered if anyone has actually done this run before, and how easy it would be with a 1hr connection in BAH, and what the transit experience is like in BAH. My gut tells me it's too close for comfort...

Any advice appreciated!

Trent900Powered 😃
Welcome to FT!

There's a transit area at BAH, so you shouldn't need to clear immigration (assuming you're HBO?). That being said, any delay may cause you to miss your flight and that won't be overly straightforward at BAH, based on my experiences of the airport.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Welcome to FT!

There's a transit area at BAH, so you shouldn't need to clear immigration (assuming you're HBO?). That being said, any delay may cause you to miss your flight and that won't be overly straightforward at BAH, based on my experiences of the airport.
Wozza2404

Thanks! That's appreciated. Can't risk missing the flight back towards CGK... Stats for the flights look good, but then that just makes me think the time I try it, will be the time one of the flights goes stupidly late!!

Will have to have a think....
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster here... so please be gentle ��

Any advice appreciated!

Trent900Powered ��
Transferring at BAH (HBO) is actually very straightforward. You just need to pass security control and take stairs upstairs to departures. If there is no queue for the transfer security, it should not take much more than 5 minutes from arrival gate back to the same gate for departure.

If your flight arrives on a bus stand the buses will of course slow things down a couple of minutes but even then it should not be a problem to get back to the departure gate on time. Just be sure to have boarding pass ready as the transfer desks are not always manned.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:54 am

Thanks, just can't get the tickets to price correctly for an immediate return, so I think I'll leave it to my next time in SIN, and take an extra day... probably safer that way too. Thanks for the advice
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Thanks, just can't get the tickets to price correctly for an immediate return, so I think I'll leave it to my next time in SIN, and take an extra day... probably safer that way too. Thanks for the advice
This is likely because either the immediate return doesn't meet the MCT at BAH, or there is a stay requirement on the fare you are looking for; so for example you might have to stay over a Saturday night to get the best price.
Trent900Powered likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:54 pm

I'm seeing ARN to Washington in business as low as £1042 next August. Is this new?
Edit: Chicago a little less, SFO about £100 more.
Ericdeparis likes this.

Last edited by dougzz; Sep 22, 2017 at 2:01 pm Reason: Updated
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by dougzz
I'm seeing ARN to Washington in business as low as £1042 next August. Is this new?
Edit: Chicago a little less, SFO about £100 more.
Good spot. I just found ORD for £1,009 too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.