Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge Focus - London Gatwick (LGW) South: Temporary BA Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread is relates to the temporary lounge facilities for LGW South. At the time of writing there are three lounges open, the two permanent lounges for First and Club, linked immediately below, and the temporary Speedbird lounge, which is handled in this thread. The Clubrooms facility referenced below has now ended.

Details on the new BA First Lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-february.html

Details on the new BA Club Lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-lounge.html

Temporary access directions for the new lounge can be found by clicking here.
Print Wikipost

Lounge Focus - London Gatwick (LGW) South: Temporary BA Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by internetplumber
Excellent, that should be just in time for my TP run to MLA. I shall have my camera at the ready.

Hold your camera - but maybe not your breath !

The dates for equally confident-sounding predictions have come & gone.

Time will tell
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:43 am

Hoping it's open for flight to KIN on 15th Feb. I have been fuming for weeks since discovering (by accident) that we'd potentially have no lounge access (overcrowding at No1 Lounge, etc). Have used the old virgin clubhouse and the current Speedbird set up looks okay, but will be really disappointed if the new lounge isn't open.

Although I'm more disappointed with the farcical handling of complaints by BA and total failure to inform passengers at the time of ticket purchase.

Thanks to all the contributors - blood pressure is significantly lower than a week ago 😎
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC
New Check in zone and Temp Ex-Virgin Speedbird Lounge

Here's some photos from yesterday's visit. You should see in the last photo, the window shot with the couple in it, this photo shows on the right hand side the New BA Lounge Windows!!
Attached Images        
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by ianwall
Awesome job C-W-S. It's really impressive that within an hour of BA's new facility going live, we have a comprehensive guide to it's operation, photos, commentary and some excellent handy hints.
But it didn't go live. After over a year of preparation it didn't even open....
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:20 pm

God that signage above the check in desks is tacky.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by DG55
was just going to post and say the same. Screams cheap to me.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:34 pm

The words 'Love' and 'Beer' placed next to each other doesn't help either.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DG55
I'm not a fan, either. Looks very 'low cost'...(and yet it probably cost a fortune in design fees).
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by bafan
I'm not a fan, either. Looks very 'low cost'...(and yet it probably cost a fortune in design fees).
The "low cost" market is exactly what BA are aiming for, at LGW.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by simonspear
But it didn't go live. After over a year of preparation it didn't even open....
Although it's a true disappointment that the new shiny lounges that were intended to be open weren't, sufficient provisions were put in place to compensate. Now, if there were no lounge access being offered at all I would be more inclined to agree. I would consider that everything went "live" so to speak, just not in the way BA had originally intended. The lounges aspect I estimate will only account for about 25% of the terminal switch operation, which hopefully should open sooner rather than later.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Virazuno
Since when did the words "love" and "beer" next to each other ever work out as being low cost these days

I'm not too sure the true "low cost" market look is what they are aiming for although competing against in areas, more the fun in the sun perhaps.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by Virazuno
And at LHR , MAN ,NCL ,LBA , GLA, ABZ, EDI AND LCY unfortunately (STN is a given ...)

Opps sorry Low service should be the tag line ...

Last edited by psollitt; Jan 26, 2017 at 2:11 pm Reason: BA are not low cost .. only low expectations
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Although it's a true disappointment that the new shiny lounges that were intended to be open weren't, sufficient provisions were put in place to compensate. Now, if there were no lounge access being offered at all I would be more inclined to agree. I would consider that everything went "live" so to speak, just not in the way BA had originally intended. The lounges aspect I estimate will only account for about 25% of the terminal switch operation, which hopefully should open sooner rather than later.
After the farcical nature of the arrangements at the north terminal when BA suudenly closed their lounges over a year before the move and then dumped us into overcrowded dross, you would have thought they would have wanted to get things right for once. This is also a sad reflection/reinforcement of the business ethos at BA these data....
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Will it still be beans on toast in the lounge for us lowly Silvers?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by simonspear
After the farcical nature of the arrangements at the north terminal when BA suudenly closed their lounges over a year before the move and then dumped us into overcrowded dross, you would have thought they would have wanted to get things right for once. This is also a sad reflection/reinforcement of the business ethos at BA these data....
Somehow I don't think BA had much choice about closing their lounge in the north terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.