Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge Focus - London Gatwick (LGW) South: Temporary BA Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread is relates to the temporary lounge facilities for LGW South. At the time of writing there are three lounges open, the two permanent lounges for First and Club, linked immediately below, and the temporary Speedbird lounge, which is handled in this thread. The Clubrooms facility referenced below has now ended.

Details on the new BA First Lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-february.html

Details on the new BA Club Lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-lounge.html

Temporary access directions for the new lounge can be found by clicking here.
Print Wikipost

Lounge Focus - London Gatwick (LGW) South: Temporary BA Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Many thanks for all the updates sheppy26 - but you are hereby required by the FT collective to remain in situ until such time as the new lounge proper actually opens, and to then provide a comprehensive report. So we shall expect to hear back by around the end of February. Jokes. (I hope ....)
Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
sheppy26 and aks120 ... fine dedication ro the Forum! Thanks for your inputs.

Now, dare I ask PUCCI to consider rewarding these good people with one of her priceless trinkets? I polish mine regularly, and they're lovely
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
I wonder if the "ready in a few days" was in reference to the First lounge opening, and club will continue in the temporary spaces?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:05 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by T8191
sheppy26 and aks120 ... fine dedication ro the Forum! Thanks for your inputs.

Now, dare I ask PUCCI to consider rewarding these good people with one of her priceless trinkets? I polish mine regularly, and they're lovely
PUCCI is speechless. I have just seen someone that I know in one of the pictures!

sheppy26 and aks120 - on the recommendation of the Uncle of the BA Forum - I appoint you as Muccis. You may bear the title Mucci des Salons Ouvrants. Now you will excuse me, but Your Old Aunt needs a gin.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
PUCCI is speechless. I have just seen someone that I know in one of the pictures!

sheppy26 and aks120 - on the recommendation of the Uncle of the BA Forum - I appoint you as Muccis. You may bear the title Mucci des Salons Ouvrants. Now you will excuse me, but Your Old Aunt needs a gin.
Merci beaucoup, Madame La Fontaine d'Honneur ^

BTW ... Auntie PUCCI and Uncle T must meet one day. She might find it more interesting than an endless succession of Toy Boys like PTF

BTW2 ... sheppy26 and aks120 owe me a large splash of wine now
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

What an honour - many thanks - I will wear my award with pride!

Uncle T - many thanks for the nomination!

I would like to thank....... oh what's that... oh OK I hear we have limited time......

I am glad you like the little report!

Regards
Aks120
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by aks120
Tonight, the place is a chaotic and not well stocked, no Diet Coke
I used the Clubrooms on Wednesday, and thought they were very well stocked. Maybe they weren't expecting so much uptake on the Diet Coke (I may have taken a few )

I thought overall the South Clubroom was very nice. Staff very friendly, and a much better menu than in the North (why?). I tried the burger, which was about on par with GF.

Check in was deserted APART from the queue at the Club desks, with no staff on the F desks. No proactive queue management from all the BA staff in the area, which was frankly, very poor. I walked over to use a Y desk.

Hopefully the new lounge will be worth the wait (and if it's the lounge viewable from the Speedbird lounge, it'll have cracking views).
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by shefgab
I used the Clubrooms on Wednesday, and thought they were very well stocked. Maybe they weren't expecting so much uptake on the Diet Coke (I may have taken a few )

I thought overall the South Clubroom was very nice. Staff very friendly, and a much better menu than in the North (why?). I tried the burger, which
was about on par with GF.

Check in was deserted APART from the queue at the Club desks, with no staff on the F desks. No proactive queue management from all the BA staff in the area, which was frankly, very poor. I walked over to use a Y desk.

Hopefully the new lounge will be worth the wait (and if it's the lounge viewable from the Speedbird lounge, it'll have cracking views).
11 chips...
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
I didn't have a great Clubrooms experience today. When I finally got a seat there were about 4 half-full glasses of wine left and they sat beside me for a whole hour. It wasn't particularly busy for most of my visit but it was a long layover. Nobody came to give me a menu or ask if I wanted anything, but the staff were friendly when I had to get up to order some food. Too many DYKWIA types loudly on their phones, so perhaps just unlucky for me today. Spent some time in the No.1 lounge, which I found was much more pleasant.

Only point about check-in was that theres a giant pillar right in front of F check-in behind which I found 3 staff members hiding. I transited from SJO but didn't use connections this time as I headed to a hotel for the day, so I was a bit useless in coming up with a review of flight connections, apologies!

Then the familiar domestic biometric shambles delayed my second flight for a good while... reminds me why I'm really not a LGW fan. Lack of priority getting some other Goldie's knickers in a twist.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by shefgab
It does!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Sparth3103
11 chips...
The outrage!!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Sparth3103
11 chips...
That's more than with my last burger from GF! On the other hand, the ketchup provided at the Club rooms was pathetically small compared to GF. You win some, you lose some!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Somebody must have commented on the lack of vegetarian alternatives to the bacon bun - this morning there are "omelette buns" on offer too.

Funny things going on at the entrance though - they're making people queue before walking them to tables, but looking around there are quite a few empty tables anyway. Doesn't seem the smoothest operation...
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: BA silver
Lounge full to capacity,5 voucher offered to get lost 😁
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by vonlance
Lounge full to capacity,5 voucher offered to get lost 😁
Speedbird Lounge I presume? That's pretty poor. 5 probably won't buy you even one alcoholic drink, or much past a cup of tea + snack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.