Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge Boston - breakfast offerings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Teece
If you're a GCH not in F, then the food/beverage selection in the F section of the lounge is pretty good. Cereals, oatmeal, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee and juices. And +1 for the staff being great. BA238 is just brilliant - I've never know it be late, as the plane is there overnight, and E terminal is deserted. Coupled with a night at BOS Hilton, it's the best way to get home at the end of a trip.
Shh, sotto voce, I agree. Even better in F.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
... Is there any update on when the new lounge will be open, will it be ready along with the March (?) introduction of the A380 flights?
Is there a new BA lounge opening in BOS? I know the new Priority Pass lounge has opened near opposite the BA lounge (presumably where Aer Lingus used to be) but I didn't know there was a new BOS lounge in the works.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Is there a new BA lounge opening in BOS? I know the new Priority Pass lounge has opened near opposite the BA lounge (presumably where Aer Lingus used to be) but I didn't know there was a new BOS lounge in the works.
Yes. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ng-summer.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ng-2017-a.html
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:46 pm

Excellent news (and thank you!)
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
In my mind, the question still remains- When will the new BOS lounge open? Will it coincide with the A380 introduction at the end of March?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The new lounge, which you can get into with Priority Pass, is now open and called The Club. It is far superior in every way to the BA lounge -- brand new, nicely furnished, similar or better food offerings (though no full meals if you are in J or F and want a full meal in the lounge). It is also much, much less crowded; in the BA lounge it is often difficult to find a seat (any seat).

If you have Priority Pass I'd strongly recommend trying it as an alternative to the BA lounge.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by MikeBOS
The new lounge, which you can get into with Priority Pass, is now open and called The Club. It is far superior in every way to the BA lounge -- brand new, nicely furnished, similar or better food offerings (though no full meals if you are in J or F and want a full meal in the lounge). It is also much, much less crowded; in the BA lounge it is often difficult to find a seat (any seat).

If you have Priority Pass I'd strongly recommend trying it as an alternative to the BA lounge.
I posted some information about this new 'The Club' Priority Pass lounge in following thread a little while ago. Apparently the new Priority Pass lounge will be getting a shower 'in the summer', and is in addition to the other Priority Pass Lounge on the other side of Terminal E (the Air France).

Priority Pass lounges at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)

Returning to the thread topic, hopefully a new BA lounge will be along soon enough
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I'm a regular BA238-er (maybe 40 times over the last 4 years), either in WT+ or CW and using the F side of the lounge. Actually flew it in F for the first time 2 weeks ago, and the breakfast experience in the dining section of the lounge was utterly crap.

Entered the dining area. Staff standing round doing not much. One wanders over and mumbles that they have hot breakfast available... eggs.... toast.... would I like that? A little bit taken aback I just said 'yes', and 10 minutes later was presented with a plate of scrambled eggs and brown toast. I wasn't asked what kind of eggs, what kind of toast, offered any other types of food or offered any drinks. Staff standing around the whole time with their backs to diners, looking like they were intentionally avoiding eye contact. A non-F passenger walked in and was promptly fed - no-one was checking whether anyone was actually entitled to be in there.

I thought about complaining, but it was abundantly obvious that nobody cared, so I walked out of the dining area into the F buffet to get tea and juice (more than once). I was glanced at but no-one offered to help or get drinks for me.

I had very low expectations beforehand, but I'm still staggered how short they fell below even those.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS
Thank you for the responses. The message is clear - get some breakfast elsewhere.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by SkyAtKnight
Thank you for the responses. The message is clear - get some breakfast elsewhere.
You will get breakfast on board.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
While I am unable to comment on breakfast, I had a pre-flight dinner in the Boston Lounge yesterday evening and found that the food was a great improvement on my previous visits.

I was told that the new lounge will be open by mid-March.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by SurreyTig
While I am unable to comment on breakfast, I had a pre-flight dinner in the Boston Lounge yesterday evening and found that the food was a great improvement on my previous visits.

Awesome. I hope that schedule sticks. I'm due to fly on the 380 the end of March. Would love to have a new lounge to kick off our trip.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Awesome. I hope that schedule sticks. I'm due to fly on the 380 the end of March. Would love to have a new lounge to kick off our trip.
The nice lady on reception said that they had been told early March but that she was adding a couple of weeks to be safe. She has obviously read the Gatwick Lounge thread
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by SurreyTig
Excellent news. My daughter and I are booked on an A380 BOS-LHR flight early april so hopefully the pre-flight dining will be good in the new lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by HilFly
You will get breakfast on board.
No, depending on cabin - you will get the crappiest possible rendition of "brunch". And then a Mars Bar before you land. Despite this being my flight of choice through convenient location/timing - the food is eclipsed to a massive degree by VS26 ex-JFK (for those who are reading later, and have a choice).

Last edited by User Name; Jan 27, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.