Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge Boston - breakfast offerings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS
BA lounge Boston - breakfast offerings

Can someone tell me what, if any, food is available in the Boston lounge at breakfast time, i.e. prior to the day flight to LHR. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC
BOS lounge is awful. Apparently it's due an refurb soon but if it has not happened yet you'll be in a windowless basement room, with dated furniture and half the power plugs not working. I'm not talking about the First lounge which I haven't experienced.
On the breakfast front: they seem to offer small pastries but I have yet to not find the tray empty. There is also a couple of jars full of cookies, and that's about it. so aside from coffee/tea and fruit juices you won't get much of a breakfast in my experience. The last couple of times I bought a sandwich in the terminal, went to the lounge to sit down with a hot drink, then just went back upstairs to sit by the big windows..
The BOS lounge is the worst I have seen in my limited experience..
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by SkyAtKnight
Can someone tell me what, if any, food is available in the Boston lounge at breakfast time, i.e. prior to the day flight to LHR. Thanks.
Hi

While it has been about a year since I've passed through BOS on the day flight, the multiple times I have done it, the offerings were always the same in the Galleries lounge, so can't imagine they'll have changed too much.
Generally consisted of porridge/cereal, mixed fresh fruit (melon, grape mix etc) pastries and small muffins etc. There may have been a option of toast as well. It wasn't substantial but filled the gap prior to the flight which has a breakfast focused offering as the main meal.

Somebody else who has gone through more recently maybe able to provide any updates I've missed, but don't expect the full English!

Pilot37
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Does the F section have a greater selection? I'll be going through there next month.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Does the F section have a greater selection? I'll be going through there next month.
The first section has a dining area offering a cooked breakfast but you need to be travelling in F to use it.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Rubecula
The first section has a dining area offering a cooked breakfast but you need to be travelling in F to use it.
YMMV on this one. As a OWE in WT and WTP, I've been allowed to use the F dining area for breakfast before the morning departure in BOS twice (and I've only flown it twice). I'm well aware that this is the exception, not the rule, but I've found the BOS lounge dragons to be not very dragon-like at all.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Rubecula
Great - thanks. Yes, flying F and am Silver anyway so that's my only way to access the lounge.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, BCFC Season ticket
Hi - did this a couple of months ago. F has breakfast cooked to order (bacon, eggs, sausage patty) plus selection of pastries, cereal, cold meat etc.

The lounge is, as others have said, horrible - but you won't go hungry.

One point to be aware of is that the lounge doesn't open to 5.30 (and then its very much a soft opening) so don't get to the airport too early !
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I don't mind the BOS lounge, its in no way special, is too small but I've always been impressed by the service there and it's not horrific as it's been made out.

That said I've never used it in the AM when windows may be missed, or indeed ever had he need to plug anything in.

Is there any update on when the new lounge will be open, will it be ready along with the March (?) introduction of the A380 flights?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, BCFC Season ticket
Yes - that's true. Horrible is too strong a word from me - its perfectly serviceable as long as you don't need to charge anything !
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Another ^ for the excellent BOS lounge staff.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Kruisler
BOS lounge is awful. Apparently it's due an refurb soon but if it has not happened yet you'll be in a windowless basement room, with dated furniture and half the power plugs not working. I'm not talking about the First lounge which I haven't experienced.
On the breakfast front: they seem to offer small pastries but I have yet to not find the tray empty. There is also a couple of jars full of cookies, and that's about it. so aside from coffee/tea and fruit juices you won't get much of a breakfast in my experience. The last couple of times I bought a sandwich in the terminal, went to the lounge to sit down with a hot drink, then just went back upstairs to sit by the big windows..
The BOS lounge is the worst I have seen in my limited experience..
It's not in the basement it's on Level 2 with departures on Level 3. At the moment I believe there are no Terminal E lounges* that have windows and so you're not missing out on a view by flying BA. Personally I miss the old F lounge which I liked a lot. Hopefully the new lounge will change the lack of windows etc. The lounge staff are first rate and whilst the pre flight supper/dining has had the odd bad day it's generally not that bad. I don't like the morning flights as it disrupts my sleep patterns and requires a night in BOS because there aren't any flights from ACK that allow you to catch BA238 so I can't comment on the breakfast it was such a long time ago. I do know that the VLML on that flight was the worst looking food (the rice cakes) I have been served in CW until my return from DXB which was mostly inedible due to the mountain of salt that was present.

*serving TATL flights

Last edited by Jimmie76; Jan 24, 2017 at 7:25 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
It's not in the basement it's on Level 2 with departures on Level 3. At the moment I believe there are no Terminal E lounges* that have windows and so you're not missing out on a view by flying BA. Personally I miss the old F lounge which I liked a lot. Hopefully the new lounge will change the lack of windows etc. The lounge staff are first rate and whilst the pre flight supper/dining has had the odd bad day it's generally not that bad.

*serving TATL flights
The BOS pre flight dining in J has really improved. I have been very critical of it in days gone by, but they have really upped their game.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by HilFly
The BOS pre flight dining in J has really improved. I have been very critical of it in days gone by, but they have really upped their game.
Agreed - whatever it was I had as a main course in the Flounge last June before 214 was delicious. It was so good that I've forgotten what it was and didn't remember to take a picture until I'd eaten all of it. Later on in September in the main lounge the chef even made an appearance at one stage. Not as I thought to check the levels of food but to ask if a few people if we liked what we'd picked from the offerings.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
If you're a GCH not in F, then the food/beverage selection in the F section of the lounge is pretty good. Cereals, oatmeal, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee and juices. And +1 for the staff being great. BA238 is just brilliant - I've never know it be late, as the plane is there overnight, and E terminal is deserted. Coupled with a night at BOS Hilton, it's the best way to get home at the end of a trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.