Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "has no record of my upgrade" - reverse charges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "has no record of my upgrade" - reverse charges?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Exec Club
Exclamation BA "has no record of my upgrade" - reverse charges?

I flew from LHR>IAH and upgraded at the airport from WTP+ to Club World. This was around 3 weeks ago.

I paid by card in London and when i arrived a few days lateter, they coded my WTP+ Tier Points and Miles onto my statement. Apparently If you upgrade you need to manually call them for adjustment. Or at least If it's at the aiport.

I emailed BA and they told me "free upgrades" are not included and no teir points / avios can be claimed, apart from the WTP+ that has already been credited.

I explained this was paid in full and must be an error. They then get back to me and say they have no record of me upgrading and do not appreciate people "trying their luck". I was pissed at this but let it slide.

I then scanned my boarding pass and bank statement and sent it on, enough proof in my opinion. I also have a picture of my newspaper got on board along with my boarding card.

I got an email back and it said more or less the same as the 3rd one "We don't have any record of you upgrading I am afraid and it cannot be credited at this time."

My opinion is the money I paid for the upgrade should be reversed. If BA contact me or my bank I'll just send them the emails they've sent to me telling them according to your systems I didn't upgrade, so I should not of been charged the amount on my statement.

I'm also shocked at there whole system in general. To complain I log a web form and they email me back were i cannot respond and i have to click a link. fill out more info and wait on another email.

It's all a shambles to be honest and a nightmare replying back and forth.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by OSIModel
I explained this was paid in full and must be an error. They then get back to me and say they have no record of me upgrading and do not appreciate people "trying their luck". I was pissed at this but let it slide.
Oh dear.

You are correct that an AUP (which is what this sounds like) earns TPs and Avios as per the upgraded cabin, not the originally booked cabin.

Is "trying their luck" a quote or a paraphrase? Either way, that's not a good look for BA...

Aside from the CS failures and generally poor handling of all of this, the priority, I assume, is just to get it solved. To which end I recommend you PM the BAMissingAvios handle on here and raise the issue through them.

As for the CS booboo, I am not sure where to start...
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Given that BA do not do "Service Recovery" at all, I think they ought to remove all the contact us details from all their websites.
All that "contact us" does is prove that BA do not care one jot about their self-loading freight.

And even if you do find someone at their call centre that might care one jot, their English has now become incomprehensible.

Compare BA to some other Cos for Customer Service Recovery. They are worse than useless.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I've just checked, sorry I was wrong. The exact phrase is
"Trying to circumvent the loyalty system"
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You don't appear to be having a lot of luck with your bookings at the moment. But yes, if BA don't think you paid the AUP / full fare for the upgraded TPs then I guess you have three options: asking the bank to refund some or all of the upgrade fee, take the dispute to CEDR, or MCOL. Though it's not an EC261 issue, that thread in the Dashboard will give you the details. I suspect CEDR is your easiest option, particularly if you have plenty of proof of the upgrade.

If it was a UuA, then they would be correct. Ditto if the underlying WTP ticket was a redemption ticket.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 23, 2017 at 10:07 am
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:57 am

I've just checked, sorry I was wrong. The exact phrase is
"Trying to circumvent the loyalty system"
Well, this is still quite an assertion.

I recommend the BAMissingAvios route, and if you're up for public shaming, a tweet letting them (and the World) know that you don't take their allegation of being a fraudster very lightly.

Hopefully that will, at least, get your Avios and TPs corrected.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You don't appear to be having a lot of luck with your bookings at the moment. But yes, if BA don't think you gave you the AUP / full fare upgraded TPs then I guess you have three options: asking the bank to refund some or all of the upgrade fee, take the dispute to CEDR, or MCOL. Though it's not an EC261 issue, that thread in the Dashboard will give you the details. I suspect CEDR is your easiest option, particularly if you have plenty of proof of the upgrade.

If it was a UuA, then they would be correct. Ditto if the underlying WTP ticket was a redemption ticket.
I know. I am sorry If I'm being a pain.

I've gradually been moving all my flights from another Airline to BA. This year it has not gone well.

I also have another 3 sets of flights to book.

My luggage was lost and then found a few days later on this flight also. I put a claim in for it the day of the arrival (around 3 weeks ago) and I got no response at all from BA.

I'm just happy there's a forum like this as their customer service seem to know minimal.

It's also apparent the "customer relations" is only open 9AM - 1PM US time. What kind of crap is that? Seriously?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ditto if the underlying WTP ticket was a redemption ticket.
Quite right. Although OP states that WT+ TPs and Avios were awarded, which (notwithstanding some IT error) would suggest it was a revenue ticket.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Virazuno
Well, this is still quite an assertion.

I recommend the BAMissingAvios route, and if you're up for public shaming, a tweet letting them (and the World) know that you don't take their allegation of being a fraudster very lightly.

Hopefully that will, at least, get your Avios and TPs corrected.
I did that already. They DMd me and I thought it was going to be fixed. But in the end the just logged ticket, like I have done many times before.

I cannot seem to find that user, I will have another look. No results in the user search.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BAMissingAvios

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...singavios.html
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It was a revenue ticket. It was paid in full.
Is this correct also that If you upgrade at the airport it's a manual process adjust my miles and TP? The BA agent on the phone says when ever this is done I need to call them as they wont do it automatically.

Surely If they run their TP and Avios script after the flights land this solves this problem. I am amazed at how manual the whole operation is.

I write automation scripts for a living and this really pisses me off.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:04 am

Is this correct also that If you upgrade at the airport it's a manual process adjust my miles and TP? The BA agent on the phone says when ever this is done I need to call them as they wont do it automatically.
Yes.

Seeing as you're through to someone on the phone, will they correct it for you? Problem solved?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

It's also apparent the "customer relations" is only open 9AM - 1PM US time.
You can get around that aspect by using Skype or VOIP to call Newcastle during UK office hours, which will give you a few more hours earlier in the morning. Numbers are in the Dashboard.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
Awarding for AUP is done automatically and does not require manual intervention. However in some occasions it might need manual intervention.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Getafix
Awarding for AUP is done automatically and does not require manual intervention. However in some occasions it might need manual intervention.
I think this goes against the many experiences posted on here where it seems AUP always need post flight intervention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.