Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to J after a POUG - Selling Class (U) - How many TP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver

Hi folks,

So last week I got a POUG offer for my MAD-LHR flight showing in the "Manage My Booking" section on the BA website. I was keen to take it as I need the TPs to get to Gold this year.

When trying to upgrade through the website I got an error and a message advising me to call BA, so I did.

The guy on the line was helpful and managed to upgrade my MAD-LHR flight from ET to CE, after giving him my credit card details. I got the Myflights notification so everything seemed fine. However, I havenīt been charged yet, or at least the charge hasnīt arrived to my BA Amex (this was 2 days ago).

When I go to Manage My Bookings in BA, I can see I am in CE now, but selling class is showing U, which I thought was reserved for Avios Redemptions. Also, Class U doesn'tīt appear in the BA Calculator so as per the golden rule I have to assume that it earns nothing. However, in Manager My Booking it says I would earn 45 TP for the trip (5 for the ET outbound sector and 40 for the CE inbound sector).

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Etxebas
When I go to Manage My Bookings in BA, I can see I am in CE now, but selling class is showing U, which I thought was reserved for Avios Redemptions.
U is the class for Club awards, but is also used for things like POUGs. If your original flight was booked as a cash ticket, you will get Avios/TPs for the upgraded cabin.

All is set out in the POUG thread, including the wikipost: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...17-thread.html
george77300 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
U is the class for Club awards, but is also used for things like POUGs. If your original flight was booked as a cash ticket, you will get Avios/TPs for the upgraded cabin.

All is set out in the POUG thread, including the wikipost: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...17-thread.html
Thanks a lot for your response. I have read the POUG thread before posting but didnīt know the U class was also used in this case!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Hi folks,

I have a question similar to this. I made a reward flight booking with gold upgrade voucher for Club World earlier today. Upon checking the booking under MMB, I found the selling class is U. I also found there would be avios and tier points to be credited. I am very confused as they suppose to be 0 based on my past experiences for BA reward bookings. Will I receive these avios and tier point for this booking, or BA will reset them to 0 once the journey is completed? Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by roy2016
Hi folks,

I have a question similar to this. I made a reward flight booking with gold upgrade voucher for Club World earlier today. Upon checking the booking under MMB, I found the selling class is U. I also found there would be avios and tier points to be credited. I am very confused as they suppose to be 0 based on my past experiences for BA reward bookings. Will I receive these avios and tier point for this booking, or BA will reset them to 0 once the journey is completed? Thanks.
If this is an Avios booking with a Guf you will get zero.
roy2016 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.