FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1812055-your-guide-executive-club-attaining-status-earning-avios-2017-edition.html)

Great_circle Apr 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Tocsin (Post 28227448)
squawk - Mrs T has gone from Blue - Bronze - Silver in the last few months. Unrequested, she got a pack for both Bronze and Silver, including tags and card in both cases. Not likely to hit Gold, though :) - hope that helps!

When I achieved Silver two years ago it was only two weeks after hitting Bronze. The Silver card arrived well before receiving my belated Bronze card..

squawk Apr 26, 2017 2:13 am

Tocsin, Great_circle - thank you, that satisfies my curiosity!

I do wonder what the point of the card (and especially the tags) is for Bronze though. Best whisper that quietly, or it might be an opportunity to cut costs... :)

Great_circle Apr 26, 2017 9:04 am

Originally Posted by squawk (Post 28230798)
Tocsin, Great_circle - thank you, that satisfies my curiosity!

I do wonder what the point of the card (and especially the tags) is for Bronze though. Best whisper that quietly, or it might be an opportunity to cut costs... :)

I never had a chance to 'use' it. The Silver card however was needed on some occasions when visiting a different Oneworld lounge than the dedicated lounge. Despite status and number on the boarding pass.

ATCOlad Apr 28, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi there. I am currently bronze but an upcoming long haul trip will get me to silver on the out bound leg, my question is once my status is updated will I immediately be able to select my return seats for free via MMB (Return leg Greater than 7 days after). Also will I be able to go into my other future bookings and do the same with seats for them too?
Re my experience with Tier packs, My initial Bronze pack came automatically but renewal card never came and I requested it through "my items" in EC page.

KARFA Apr 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by ATCOlad (Post 28242486)
Hi there. I am currently bronze but an upcoming long haul trip will get me to silver on the out bound leg, my question is once my status is updated will I immediately be able to select my return seats for free via MMB (Return leg Greater than 7 days after). Also will I be able to go into my other future bookings and do the same with seats for them too?
Re my experience with Tier packs, My initial Bronze pack came automatically but renewal card never came and I requested it through "my items" in EC page.

Yes, once your status updates you should be able to select seats on all future flights.

tobitronics Apr 30, 2017 12:51 am

Hi guys, question about crediting here:

Got a BA etkt with 4 BA marketed, AY operated segments (LHR-HEL-TLL R/T). The HEL-LHR segment has been rebooked due to delays on a AYxxx flightnumber instead of a BA codeshare (operated by AY) number. Since BA flight no's earn the bonus tier avios I want the original ticket to be credited instead of the rebooked ticket (the routing has not changed). How can I best achieve this?

Thanks!

Agent69 Apr 30, 2017 8:01 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28242668)
Yes, once your status updates you should be able to select seats on all future flights.

Another question on a similar theme:

Supposing I book AMS - BKK when I am bronze, and the outbound TP's take me into the silver bracket. Will I earn avios on the return leg at the bronze level or the silver level?

KARFA Apr 30, 2017 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Agent69 (Post 28247832)

Supposing I book AMS - BKK when I am bronze, and the outbound TP's take me into the silver bracket. Will I earn avios on the return leg at the bronze level or the silver level?

Depends on whether you status level is showing as silver when you take the flights. How long between your outbound and return flights?

nux Apr 30, 2017 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Agent69 (Post 28247832)

You are entitled to silver level, but if your status isn't updated you may need to call to have it manually adjusted.

Agent69 Apr 30, 2017 8:30 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28247908)
Depends on whether you status level is showing as silver when you take the flights. How long between your outbound and return flights?

A couple of weeks between out and back, so hopefully time for the system to upgrade.

MrMutton Apr 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28247908)

Not strictly true; if you did AMS-LHR-BKK and the AMS-LHR leg pushes you over the 600TP threshold, you would earn the Bronze bonus for that leg and the Silver bonus for the next. However, given the state of IT, you may have to call, email or message the BAEC Missing Avios rep in Flyertalk, but it will get sorted without issue (or at least it has done in every case it has applied to me)

Heathrow Tower May 1, 2017 2:28 pm

Quick Q: Looking at booking car hire next week from BRU. On avisba.com it doesn't explicitly say under 'what's included' that an additional driver is included. Is this a known oversight? Both the post above on Avios partners and the avisba.com 'Executive Club Benefits' tab mentions it.

edit: Ah, disregard, I see the T&Cs for it.

etiene May 5, 2017 1:35 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 28199285)
First flight means first flight which will credit to the scheme, so first eligible flight. The membership years start the 8th of the month following your first credited flight.

This isn't what has happened with my membership: I must have registered in August a couple of years ago and my membership year is running to September despite my first flights only crediting in March this year.

This is probably good for me: I just reached silver and have another QR J trip just after the roll-over to get me to silver next year (with a couple more BA flights) but probably wouldn't get the 300ish TPs to get to Gold if they were crediting to the current year. However, if that were to change, do you think I would be able to have them reset the membership year to the first flight credit point...?

KARFA May 5, 2017 2:57 am

Originally Posted by etiene (Post 28270635)
This isn't what has happened with my membership: I must have registered in August a couple of years ago and my membership year is running to September despite my first flights only crediting in March this year.

This is probably good for me: I just reached silver and have another QR J trip just after the roll-over to get me to silver next year (with a couple more BA flights) but probably wouldn't get the 300ish TPs to get to Gold if they were crediting to the current year. However, if that were to change, do you think I would be able to have them reset the membership year to the first flight credit point...?

Something must have been credited at the time to set off the membership year.

Unless a mistake has been made BA won't changed renewal dates.

etiene May 5, 2017 3:19 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28270805)
Something must have been credited at the time to set off the membership year.

Unless a mistake has been made BA won't changed renewal dates.

My mistake: it was February this year but there definitely wasn't anything before that - I registered because there was the possibility of a business trip but that fell through. It appears to have started in the first month after registration - no delay for first activity at all. Unless this is in the T&C though (rather than just being usual practice) I don't suppose there's much of a case.

It'll only come into play if something expected comes up which gets me closer to gold - otherwise silver until 2019 will do fine.

ETA: I suppose it's possible the inactivity delay only lasts a year max, after which your date gets set automatically - as I say registration was 2015 so that would account for it.