FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1812055-your-guide-executive-club-attaining-status-earning-avios-2017-edition.html)

ritesa Feb 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01 (Post 27904483)
Unfortunately not the flight on the 8th as that is the last day in your TP collection year but of course the rest of your journey will go into your new membership year. The date of the flight is what counts.

That would be a bummer. Is there any way to convince BA to start the new TP collection year a day early? (Maybe even terminate the current BAEC membership and start a new one?) Worth to call BA about it?

PETER01 Feb 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by ritesa (Post 27904543)
That would be a bummer. Is there any way to convince BA to start the new TP collection year a day early? (Maybe even terminate the current BAEC membership and start a new one?) Worth to call BA about it?

Somehow I just knew that was probaby coming! BA are 100% rigid on this and they won't change your TP collection year and they always end on the 8th for every member whatever that month is. Making a call will be completely fruitless, honestly.

As for terminating your BAEC account that would be a breach of their T & C's and I believe they would class it as misconduct. Not worth barring yourself for 150 odd TP's, a mini TP run will get you to 600 quite easily and you will also benefit doing it sooner rather than later and gain nearly 2 years of being Silver/OWS

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and_conditions

"Tier Point collection Year"

means the 12 month period starting from the 9th day of the calendar month in which a Member joins the Executive Club or, if the member joins after such date, the 8th day of the following calendar month, and every consecutive 12 month period thereafter.

It's in the Dashboard as well

Please be aware that BA never changes membership year dates. Once you have a BAEC number, the membership anniversary is fixed for life. There is little point pleading for changes, the system simply will not allow it to happen.

Globaliser Feb 16, 2017 5:00 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae (Post 27898437)
I have a longhaul flight booked in fare class 'O'. 25% miles.

Fare class 'S' would give me 50% of the mileage and is just one class up I think? Getting these extra miles would mean I would have enough for a redemption I'm planning. But I don't want to break the bank, I don't know how much the fare difference between 'O' and 'S' would typically be.

Did anybody do this on BA before?

If you want to do this, do it when you book and not afterwards. Typically, if the website prices an itinerary using O class and you want S class, you will need to phone to make the booking.

If S class is still available now, I doubt that BA will have any trouble changing your booking to put you into S class. But AIUI, you will now pay the fare difference plus the change fee (typically £100) to do this.

There are quite a number of different ways of finding the fare difference between O class and S class before you book. The simplest is to use ExpertFlyer's fare information section, although that requires a subscription. If you learn how to use the advanced routing codes on ITA Matrix, you can in effect get the same information for free, particularly if you only need to know how it affects the specific itinerary that you are pricing.

If you are interested in making the change, some of us might be able to have a go at working this out for you but we would need full details of what you have booked and when you booked it.

BTW, S class is not the next class up. This part of the ladder goes (in descending order): SNQO.

Preacher7 Feb 24, 2017 11:16 am

Not sure where to post this question, so I thought id try here: do American Express membership rewards points transfers to Avios restart the 36 month clock on expiring Avios?

AndyUK_101 Feb 26, 2017 3:22 am

Random question but can't seem to find the answer

If you are gold, travelling with a non status partner can you still check in together at first/business class check in?

If so assume that person needs to be on the same booking?

TIA

nivsy Feb 26, 2017 4:27 am

Yes...In my experience, as long as the other "party" is with you.

South London Bon Viveur Feb 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by AndyUK_101 (Post 27959595)
Random question but can't seem to find the answer

If you are gold, travelling with a non status partner can you still check in together at first/business class check in?

If so assume that person needs to be on the same booking?

TIA

I have just flown two sectors in ET with someone on the same flight but different booking- we had no problem at all in checking in at the First/Club check in on both occasions.

South London Bon Viveur Feb 27, 2017 4:19 pm

This is a great guide, but can someone help me with the following. I had assumed that only HBO fares attract the lowest 5 TP's and that every non HBO fare is at least 10 TP. But I have just had 5 TP's credited to my account in respect of a non HBO fare (albeit a cheap one), which suggests to me that you can earn a mere 5TP's on some of the higher fare brackets as well. Is this correct?

jerry a. laska Feb 27, 2017 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur (Post 27966867)
This is a great guide, but can someone help me with the following. I had assumed that only HBO fares attract the lowest 5 TP's and that every non HBO fare is at least 10 TP. But I have just had 5 TP's credited to my account in respect of a non HBO fare (albeit a cheap one), which suggests to me that you can earn a mere 5TP's on some of the higher fare brackets as well. Is this correct?

Yes. HBO does not necessarily mean lowest tier points.
See, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ty-breaks.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l-fares-4.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-points.html

stuarttheap Mar 8, 2017 12:08 pm

BA avios 'suprise'

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone else received this offer? What i'm wondering is, as Gold BAEC, will it be possible to gift avios and receive the bonus?! More specifically could I gift to a member of household account and still receive the bonus?!

Steve Hodgson Mar 11, 2017 7:27 am

Any way to get same day credit for flights?

I'm 5 Tier Points away from Silver.

I'm flying from NCL to LHR today, so will get 10 To for that flight.

I'm flying on to JFK tomorrow and would like to use the lounge but the points need to be credited first.

I know KLM allow customers to go to a lounge and get credit for their just flown flight immediately but can't find any information about whether BA will do the same. I called the exec club helpline and asked they told me to go to the airport information desk in Heathrow when I land and ask them - pretty certain that was just a cop-out to get me off the phone.

Anyone know if it's possible to get the tier points credited quickly?

kingstontoon Mar 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Sign-up date question

Hello all,

I'm currently an AA Platinum member (Oneworld Sapphire) but thanks to the introduction of EQD (minimum spend) for elite status this year, I'm moving across to BA going forwards. This works quite well, as I'll credit all my Y flying to AA this year for the status benefits, and credit paid J trips to BA which will get me BA Silver.

The question I have is this. I've never been an Executive Club member, but have had a ba.com account for years which I use for seat selection, online check-in etc. There's an option on the sidebar to "convert to Executive Club". I want my membership year to run from around the 20th of this month. If I click the conversion link, will my new Executive Club account start from that date, or the date I first set up my ba.com account, whenever that was? Or should I start from scratch with a new sign-up, and then transfer any existing flights in after that?

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers

S

kingstontoon Mar 15, 2017 8:04 am

Originally Posted by kingstontoon (Post 28028071)
Hello all,

I'm currently an AA Platinum member (Oneworld Sapphire) but thanks to the introduction of EQD (minimum spend) for elite status this year, I'm moving across to BA going forwards. This works quite well, as I'll credit all my Y flying to AA this year for the status benefits, and credit paid J trips to BA which will get me BA Silver.

The question I have is this. I've never been an Executive Club member, but have had a ba.com account for years which I use for seat selection, online check-in etc. There's an option on the sidebar to "convert to Executive Club". I want my membership year to run from around the 20th of this month. If I click the conversion link, will my new Executive Club account start from that date, or the date I first set up my ba.com account, whenever that was? Or should I start from scratch with a new sign-up, and then transfer any existing flights in after that?

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers

S

Sorry to follow up my own post... is there a more appropriate thread to ask this question perhaps?

I look forward to posting here more frequently once I start to get into the nitty gritty of being an Executive Club member!

Cheers

mountwest Mar 24, 2017 4:45 am

10 Tier Points short of Silver

Having already amassed 560 Tier Points, I made a business trip - ABZ-LHR-ABZ which I (wrongly) assumed would earn me the required 40 points to take me to Silver Status.
My company had booked the flight with the outward trip fare basis BV2R, (20 TP) but I missed the fact that the return leg was MV2R (10 TP) :(
It was only after the points were posted that I checked my ticket and noted that little difference! (had I noticed before flying, I would have happily paid the difference to get the extra 10 points needed)
Currently resident in Ghana with no plans to return to the UK until after my EC year ends on 8 June, so no chance of earning that elusive 10 TP required.
Will be back in UK about on 28 June (flying KLM already booked) and need to fly ABZ-LHR on 29 June.
Has there been instances where EC have extended earning years by 2/3 weeks for near misses on Tier upgrades, or am I destined to be Bronze for another year? :mad:
Any help/thoughts appreciated.

Globaliser Mar 24, 2017 4:49 am

Originally Posted by mountwest (Post 28079879)
Has there been instances where EC have extended earning years by 2/3 weeks for near misses on Tier upgrades ...

The short answer to this is that an extension of 2 weeks is routinely granted, but no more.