Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is there still a thrill for a rare F ride across the Atlantic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there still a thrill for a rare F ride across the Atlantic?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
I've done 31 F sectors this year on BA and still enjoy it - I'm used to it and am pretty easy to please, I think anyway. If it was a rare occurrence I would probably be giddy at the thought!

Having also flown LH, GA, AF, CX, AA, QR in F recently I'm still happy with BA. It all depends on what you're looking for, and what I value is peace, discretion, a direct route at a good time and a comfy bed to sleep in. If you're looking for all the bells and whistles then maybe it won't be for you, YMMV.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Just stop thinking about it, and enjoy it. It's not the best in the world, but a whole lot better than sitting at the back.
I was going to post exactly this.

It's the best way to fly BA and still a very comfortable experience. I've had the good fortune to have most of my TATL and TPAC flights in F this year, and the trips where I'm in CW remind me that F is definitely more comfortable. I also really enjoyed my first BA A380 F flight in November.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Ive just come back from a return trip in F and enjoyed both flights on the 747 and 787-9.

Don't bother comparing with other airlines products, instead consider, did you enjoy the flights and were they value for money. If the answer to those questions is yes, then you've had a good flight and it really doesn't matter if another airline may offer a superior product.

I have flown 8 different airlines in first class and with the notable exception of UA enjoyed them all, I didn't worry about who might have the biggest tv, etc etc, I just focussed on enjoying the flights.

On my BA flights the crew were mixed fleet and the service was excellent.

Go with a positive frame of mind and you will be fine.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:15 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I still enjoy it quite a lot - although I don't mind about whether it is CW or F on the way home as I just sleep.

I like F and upgrade when I can. I have little rituals - my favourite seat, changing in to pyjamas before take off, not having 2nd meal, changing back to street clothes 30 mins before landing. So the familiar is combined with a jolly good nap/sleep.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I'm looking forward to my next F to IAD, 3rd F trip ever (other 2 were on LHR-JFK rt) and first time F on a 380.
To fly F is still a very special occasion to me*, and I plan to have a good time

*Only a couple of year ago I thought it would have been almost impossible for me to travel in F. Then I found FT BAEC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.