Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Wing at T5

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Also feel passengers in the CCR are treated better than the other lounges as they should be based on either travelling in F, guessed in by those in F or a CCR card holder (I think that's the only way in) we ordered a wheelchair for all legs of several flights for this trip and this was the o only place it was dealt with well, without us asking several times or just being ignored
Those are some pretty low expectations.

Back on topic, I've used the shortcut twice now (I really can't bring myself to call it the "First Wing", it's literally a shortcut with security!). It was pretty good both times. My only complaint is the tacky ads in the tunnel through to the GF lounge, but I reckon they make a pretty penny from them. It is definitely a better experience than old "Fast Track" security.

Also glad that Clubcard Millionaire's Door has gone. I saw more people turned away there than granted access! I felt sorry for the agent on the podium; no doubt that was a short straw job.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:09 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
First (and only likely to use it once more) visit tonight, at just after 6pm - ~4 people in each queue when we got there, lots of faffing ahead, still folk not really understanding how security works. I thought it was no better or different to regular fast track other than it decanting directly into the F lounge (which is a great benefit). OTOH my gf considered it a wholly superior experience! Horses for courses and all that.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:06 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
A number of posts have been removed, following the mod team's previous note, because they continued a discussion on lounge comparisons. This thread's subject is the First Wing - not lounges from other carriers. A second and final reminder to keep on topic please.

If you wish to compare lounges, please use the myriad of other threads which already exist in this forum.

/mod
Old May 26, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
A number of posts have been removed, following the mod team's previous note, because they continued a discussion on lounge comparisons. This thread's subject is the First Wing - not lounges from other carriers. A second and final reminder to keep on topic please.

If you wish to compare lounges, please use the myriad of other threads which already exist in this forum.

/mod
Thank you. It is good to remove complete incorrect and outdated reviews of lounges that had no relevance to the discussion.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The value of the Wing and approach to guests was very visible this morning. First check in had every desk open, and all occupied by Charlotte and Rupert heading off with their brood. The brood disqualifies them from the Wing leaving it all to ME. Bliss.

Is this the first meaningful customer enhancement BA have delivered since NF?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:25 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I used it last Sunday during the IT issues. Of course economy and even business check in was horribly long. But for the first wing, no wait for check in or security. It's almost worth while to enter UK (assuming short lines for EU gates) and clear security via the wing than to get dumped into the transit security.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
5 minutes just now although most of that was waiting for someone to start the x-ray machine.
The positive thing was that for the first time in ages, I wasn't the lucky victim of a drugs swab and the metal detector didn't go off for me belt etc.
At least it's far quieter than last weekend everywhere else.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They are not swabbing for drugs. Until recently they didn't even confiscate them if found by accident!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They are not swabbing for drugs. Until recently they didn't even confiscate them if found by accident!
Either that or explosives as they had that hand held wipe stick on my shoes last week, a swab of my bag when I went though T3 earlier in the month and then every time through south security when I have liquids with my bag getting kicked aside.
Some annoyed looking senior man with his LV briefcase etc. was getting the full treatment whilst I was waiting.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
Either that or explosives as they had that hand held wipe stick on my shoes last week, a swab of my bag when I went though T3 earlier in the month and then every time through south security when I have liquids with my bag getting kicked aside.
Some annoyed looking senior man with his LV briefcase etc. was getting the full treatment whilst I was waiting.
It is for explosives, security doesn't care about your stash.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
It is for explosives, security doesn't care about your stash.
... although they have been known to alert Customs.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Just went through the FWing and liked it. About 10 passengers were in front but it was swift nonetheless.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Used it this morning. I was literally the only person through at 09:20

Well done BA, a genuine enhancement ^^
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
WOW, just WOW. I flew First yesterday for the first time ever out of T5. What a truly VIP experience, from start to finish. Check-in, security, straight into the Gold Lounge and easy access straight through to Concorde Room (which was very clearly signed for anyone doing this for the first time, like me).

Shame I don't get to do it often, and going back to Economy and Business Class lounge with my Silver Status is going to seem like a long drop down, but certainly makes me appreciate what the First experience is like. Hopefully won't be too long before I can upgrade again with some Avios...

GREAT job BA and LHR. Seriously, great job.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Used it for first time today around 10:30 am, transferring from LAX flight to MAN, party of 6 with 3 golds. So I decided we should use the UK Border route and back in though FW. From arriving at Passport control to entering First lounge, around 10 minutes and that included walk though baggage reclaim etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.