Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

'Just to inform you that it's only one teabag sir'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Just to inform you that it's only one teabag sir'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
It was an error made by a colleague. It has been dealt with.

You are welcome to create blends with a variety of tea bags.
Thanks for checking up on this as you said you would. Everyone can have a bad day so I'm happy to consider this is just what it was and that the case is over and closed as far as I'm concerned.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
You are welcome to create blends with a variety of tea bags.
To me this statement sums up so much - what a fall from a leading brand. I can only imagine how embarrassed I would feel having to make such statements to a guest in a first class lounge at the company's home airport. I used to go out of my way to travel with BA.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
I've changed my tune about tea-gate! The one time I have long connection and am using the T3 Flounge there is a dire selection of herbal tea boxes, and most of them are empty. Earl grey and more earl grey and 'they don't have any more' *extremely sad face*

Last edited by ShuttleRunner; Nov 25, 2016 at 5:14 am Reason: horrific autocorrect
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
I've changed my tune about tea-gate! The one time I have long connection and am using the T3 Flounge there is a dyer selection of herbal tea boxes, and most of them are empty. Earl grey and more earl grey and 'they don't have any more' *extremely sad face*
consider yourself lucky they even have earl grey and not some lipton standard blend rubbish!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:41 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
consider yourself lucky they even have earl grey and not some lipton standard blend rubbish!
I'd challenge anybody to make a drinkable cup of tea out of a single Lipton tea bag. Anybody who manages it likely also knows the whereabouts of Lord Lucan.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
When do I need to start worrying about someone watching over my shoulder counting the croutons in my vegetable soup?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zat_dude
When do I need to start worrying about someone watching over my shoulder counting the croutons in my vegetable soup?
Did you really think 6 was an acceptable number ? Your card is marked, sunshine
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
We are upgrading our lounge catering

We are constantly looking at ways to improve our product. Customers have told us that they love our "M&S on board" range but that their flight departure time doesn't always coincide with a meal time and want more choice in our Galleries Club lounges. We are therefore excited to announce that customers in our Galleries Club lounges can now enjoy the same great catering from M&S on the ground as they enjoy in the sky. Customers can pay using Avios or credit / debit cards at the dedicated self-service terminals or using the British Airways Mobile App, and, the even better news is that we have responded to an increasing trend for our customers to grab something from the lounge whilst on the go; so customers will be able to take these items on board their flight (sustainably sourced product transporters can be purchased for just 5p or 100 Avios). Our current complimentary offering will be discontinued in order to offer a seamless, consistent, catering identity on the ground and in the sky.

Customers using Galleries First told us that the component of our lounge product that they value the most is the table service in the First Refectory. We are delighted to launch the first airside M&S Cafe in our First lounge to replace our complimentary offering.

Customers using our Concorde Room are welcome to order from the M&S Cafe in the first refectory and enjoy private booth dining. Watch this space to find out about our exciting new partnership with great British brand David Lloyd Leisure, which will be launching soon in our Galleries Arrivals lounges and travel spas.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

We are constantly looking at ways to improve our product. Customers have told us that they love our "M&S on board" range but that their flight departure time doesn't always coincide with a meal time and want more choice in our Galleries Club lounges. We are therefore excited to announce that customers in our Galleries Club lounges can now enjoy the same great catering from M&S on the ground as they enjoy in the sky. Customers can pay using Avios or credit / debit cards at the dedicated self-service terminals or using the British Airways Mobile App, and, the even better news is that we have responded to an increasing trend for our customers to grab something from the lounge whilst on the go; so customers will be able to take these items on board their flight (sustainably sourced product transporters can be purchased for just 5p or 100 Avios). Our current complimentary offering will be discontinued in order to offer a seamless, consistent, catering identity on the ground and in the sky.

Customers using Galleries First told us that the component of our lounge product that they value the most is the table service in the First Refectory. We are delighted to launch the first airside M&S Cafe in our First lounge to replace our complimentary offering.

Customers using our Concorde Room are welcome to order from the M&S Cafe in the first refectory and enjoy private booth dining. Watch this space to find out about our exciting new partnership with great British brand David Lloyd Leisure, which will be launching soon in our Galleries Arrivals lounges and travel spas.
The sad thing is, this could well be the actual copy in proof
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Hmm perhaps a counter argument might be that as the op is paying a First Class fare that BA should provide a First Class selection of tea on the plane.

(I have now encountered two occasions in F where they had no green tea perhaps I should have grabbed a tea bag from the lounge.)
Had a flight in F recently where there was no earl grey. Simply wasn't loaded. Only found out after my second pot - the cc had given me the one bag from his personal stash from home.

Extremely disappointing. Especially on a west coast flight from LHR
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

It's sad when you don't know whether something is a spoof or real.

But BA only charging 5p for the sustainably sourced product transporters is the giveaway. They've got a captive market - it would be at least double that amount. Unless it's an introductory price. Then after 6 months they'll be 15p!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
Originally Posted by r00ty
I could be in trouble then. My normal lounge routine is latte + extra shot of espresso. I suspect for this infraction I may be dragged kicking and screaming from the lounge, and forcefully ejected.
Oh I'm in trouble then as mine is Capuccino and extra shot - maybe they can find it from the increased CC charges!!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by pareto
Had a flight in F recently where there was no earl grey. Simply wasn't loaded. Only found out after my second pot - the cc had given me the one bag from his personal stash from home.

Extremely disappointing. Especially on a west coast flight from LHR
Cabin crew forced to bring their own Earl Grey? God help us. Maybe some F passengers who are 'in the know' can give out Earl Grey to the rest of the passengers on the flight. Free upgrades to whoever is the most generous BRING YOUR OWN ON BOARD passenger!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Dayum. Sometimes I get a cappuccino, then I add an expresso to it, then a shot of whiskey. In the one cup.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 10:57 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
The tea drinkers taking a hit...

Was it this time last year the nespresso in F was replaced with a particularly apauling generic capsules, it was suggested and indeed at last one person I know of did resort to bringing their own capsules onboard.

Luckily I think the embarrassment of having F passengers showing up with their own coffee quickly reversed that enhancement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.