Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bassinets / Child Seats in First / Club

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by Lawro
Have seen a couple of references to the 'cuddle seats'-sorry for being dim but which ones are you referring to?

Doing a CW leg from JFK next month with my 16 month-old and have currently selected 14 E/F going by the advice on here. Would you recommend a different combination?
Middle seats at the back of the cabin next to the bulkhead where the bassinet usually is. Exact number will depend on the a/c type/configuration.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Joely
Middle seats at the back of the cabin next to the bulkhead where the bassinet usually is. Exact number will depend on the a/c type/configuration.
So that's where you are seated Lawro
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ignore BA call centre, we have cots and child seats onboard.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by madfish
See photo above. This is taken in F. My understanding is that the bassinets themselves are effectively a box and the baby lies flat. Hence why the seats are better for older babies.

I've gone for 4F and 4K a felt this would give easier access to the baby than 4E. Although we have another child so prefer to have everyone on the same side of the aircraft.
Thanks madfish - I got slightly confused as thought this was the bassinet, not the seat (bear with me, this whole baby thing is all new to me!)

So just to confirm - the seat in the picture is something you'd have to reserve in advance? Our little one is 8 months but is quite large (tall) for his age so maybes the seat would be suitable.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You cannot reserve the car seat or cot, infants in the premium cabins would get their choice first, if we do run out of a type it's always the cots.
The cots are only good for small babies up to 6 months old.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
You cannot reserve the car seat or cot, infants in the premium cabins would get their choice first, if we do run out of a type it's always the cots.
The cots are only good for small babies up to 6 months old.
I'm still confused though as to whether you can fit a cot into a First seat or only a child seat? And if yes, only specific seats or all seats?
Old May 13, 2017, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can only fit the child seat and not the cot, here are the seats it will fit.
B744 5F
B777-200 17 seats 5F
B777-200/-300 14 and 12 seats 4F
B787-9 2F
A380 no idea
Old May 13, 2017, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
You can only fit the child seat and not the cot, here are the seats it will fit.
B744 5F
B777-200 17 seats 5F
B787-9 2F
A380 no idea
Very helpful. Thank you.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:18 am

We have literally just done this trip with a 6 1/2 month old so hopefully the below is useful.

First of all we did the same and booked our flights before we had dd, we then added her after birth and were able to select bassinet point seats at that point.

We did outbound on BA11 (A380) in seats 56A and 56B - upper deck and facing each other. This worked well we thought and we could use the mahoosive toilets in forward cabin for easier changing. Plenty of time to enjoy food and wine so possibly would consider first - wouldn't bother on way back, see later comments.

We stayed overnight in Singapore which to be honest I was grateful for, but we had nearly 5 weeks away so could give up a night, could see why a shorter trip would make this less appealing. Flew Singapore to Perth at this point next day with Singapore.

We did SYD - SIN in seats 16DE, only problem here is that 16DE are both bassinet positions so if there is another baby in club I think that you would be in EF OR CD. The amazing guys in SYD had actually spotted we had a baby, and it wasn't a full flight (no other baby) so blocked the other cuddle seat for us and moved us into it on asking us on check in. This left 16F empty which was incredibly handy. Great late afternoon flight plenty of time to enjoy service here. Baby can play in footwell if not a bumpy flight.

Pic of dd in SYD-SIN seat should appear below

We loved the cuddle seats so much we then moved our seats on inbound BA12 from the same as outbound to 15DE so we had the cuddle seat again. On the A380 there is only 1 bassinet spot in the cuddle seats.

Wouldn't recommend first on this flight, both the SIN-LON flights leave so late and we ate in the lounge we just had a bit of cheese, a couple of glasses of vino and then zonked out! Seems a bit of a waste of money/ points to me.

Regarding the seat, our 6 1/2 month old didn't fit in lie flat bassinet, so I would imagine at 9 months you'll need the sit up seats. We had one on every flight, we made sure we were front of boarding queue and literally said the moment we boarded can we have the seat. There's not much more you can do here. Note with the sit up seats you can change the reclining angle, no one told us on the outbound, someone did on the SYD flight.

ADDED - I saw them bring out at least 3 sit up seats from a cupboard, so I think there being 1 on board is false. However I imagine it's luck of the draw to be honest. It's seems all a bit of a lottery to me!

If you want anymore info ask whilst it's all fresh in my mind.

Liz

P.s the cc were all great throughout the trip.

Last edited by Liz09; May 13, 2017 at 5:29 am
Old May 13, 2017, 9:27 am
Suspended

B744 5F
B777-200 17 seats 5F
B787-9 2F
A380 no idea
Is there any restriction on placing a small personal bassinet / Moses Basket on the companion seat in F during cruise when the seatbelt sign is off? I realize that would be difficult in certain 747 F seats and impossible on the 789 but should be workable on the 777 and 380.

Also, are the car seats too big for a two month old?

Last edited by sts603; May 13, 2017 at 9:41 am
Old May 13, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't recommend putting a baby in anything that isn't secured in some way.
You could put a baby in the car seat but it is recommended that very young babies lay flat.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Recent experience is that F on a 789 / A380 is actually a good option with an infant (18 month old in this case) as the extra seat width means they can lay down with you. The BA supplied seat didn't look comfortable, very much too small at this stage.

Not sure what to go for with a 2 year old though. Suspect club is better given the distance between seats in F. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:34 am
Suspended

Has anyone done the child seat in F? Confirming that it goes on a tray above the seat level (e.g., the adult passengers leg can go under the tray with the child seat)?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct the seat goes above the foot rest and your feet go underneath the infant seat.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
That's interesting to know. I will be needing the seat rather than the cot, in Nov to and from JNB. CW one way, WT+ (at present) the other way (although I am going to try and get that bounced). I feel a bit more reassured after talking to a few crew on my last few trips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.