Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Problem on BA.com checking reward flight availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem on BA.com checking reward flight availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Tweeted BA and they have replicated the problem. Seems to be affecting Domestic Reward Searches only.

Matt
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I've had that problem for several days with both Safari and Firefox and in my case the route doesn't seem to be a factor. Occasionally I can get to the page to view availability but 90% of the time I get the "Sorry" message. I called BA on Friday who said it would be resolved in 24 hours - it wasn't. I rang again on Sunday and was told there wasn't a problem but would see if there was something specific to my account and would get back to me within 24 hours. - they haven't.

To add insult to injury I had 1 of my existing booking changed yesterday meaning that the second leg of my 2 segment trip has been changed to a flight that departs earlier than the first leg! When I called they asked if I'd checked the website for a suitbale alternative.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Mar 6, 2017 at 10:03 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It's still there this morning.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:48 am

not showing AA availabilty either on tatl reward searches-- only BA metal
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: aa
Question Reward Flight Finder

I have attempted to use the flight finder several times in the last two weeks. When I click on the button I receive this notice. "Sorry
Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.
We apologise for the inconvenience." I've sent an email to BA but no response. I have only been able to locate fights by entering individual cities. Is there another way. Need to fly from the east coast of US.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Same here for me. It is not easy to look at l/h redemptions at the moment. I'm pretty flexible with the where and when so this is slightly frustrating.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
[Deleted] Started a new thread since this is specific to CX and appears to be BA blocking awards within 1-week of travel.

Last edited by whimike; May 7, 2017 at 3:01 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Might as well bump this one. Trying to book DUBBOS and it won't let me do so. Whenever I indicate that I don't want a stopover, it tells me
  • "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."
No idea.

Mike
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mikeef
Might as well bump this one. Trying to book DUBBOS and it won't let me do so. Whenever I indicate that I don't want a stopover, it tells me
  • "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."
No idea.

Mike
If you want the direct flight on Aer Lingus then you need to call up anyway. If you want to go via LHR then it should work, so long as you've put all the dates and ticks in place. If you give an exact date someone can perhaps check for you, but Aer Lingus simply isn't online.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you want the direct flight on Aer Lingus then you need to call up anyway. If you want to go via LHR then it should work, so long as you've put all the dates and ticks in place. If you give an exact date someone can perhaps check for you, but Aer Lingus simply isn't online.
Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Mike
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Use a different browser. Have the same problem with safari and than using chrome. It works with chrome
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
Having the issue here also. Been checking award availability this wee, then all the sudden it stopped working today.
Im getting “There was a problem with your request, please try again later”.

Hopefully, it will fix itself!
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I still can't the reward flight finder to work !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.