Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Problem on BA.com checking reward flight availability

Old Nov 15, 16, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems on BA.com looking for reward flights this morning. Specifically, I'm wanting to travel from LHR to JFK and having selected 'no stopovers', I get diverted back to the page to select whether I want a stopover or not, and can't continue.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Many thanks in advance.

Adam
Old Nov 15, 16, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, GF Gold, SPG Plat, LCAH Plat
Same. Combining Avios is also not possible.
Old Nov 15, 16, 2:16 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
This is what I got:

Sorry

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.
Old Nov 15, 16, 2:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
I'd give the usual recommendation to try another browser if you haven't yet.

I've completely unable to get through to the reward flights booking engine on Chrome in the last couple of months and so have to use Edge just for that.
Old Nov 15, 16, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for your replies, eveyone
Old Nov 15, 16, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now back working for me.
Old Nov 15, 16, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTE, BA Bronze
Not working for me, one way award searches, in Chrome or IE. That gives the stopover error reported above.

Tried Edge, and that gives "There was a problem with your request, please try again later.".
Old Nov 15, 16, 10:32 pm

Programs: HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM ELITE
I have been trying all day to book an award flight with no luck!

Error
There was a problem with your request, please try again later.
Old Nov 15, 16, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup, broken again.
Old Nov 16, 16, 12:03 am

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
BA's IT/web capability has always been a few steps behind many other decent companies IME...

Many refreshes have been done to make it look 'pretty' and thought some welcome new capabilities have been added... sadly they don't seem to be able to have a clear and focused development plan to get the basics right before they move onto the 'next big thing'. So we suffer and have to pick up the old fashioned telephone!
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:26 am

Same error for me, started happening this morning. Changing browsers doesn't work. Changing devices doesn't work. It seems it might be related to my account, because I logged into my account in all instances.
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ditto - no luck getting anything other than "Error. There was a problem with your request, please try again later"

Pft
Old Nov 16, 16, 2:45 am

Likewise - used four different browsers on two devices. It has been like this since yesterday.
Old Nov 16, 16, 3:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald
I noticed this too. I was in the process of finalizing my plans of booking PVG-HKG on partner Cathay and Dragon Nov 22. Prior to yesterday, wide open availability basically everyday including Nov 22 (like 10+ seats open on 10+ flight options each day in Econ/Biz). As of yesterday, all of a sudden ba.com is either erroring out on my search query screen or it shows no availability for any flights PVG-HKG Nov 15-Nov 24. Strangely BA.com seems be able to search and displaying the right award space for PVG-HKG after Nov 25.

I just checked asiamiles.com for award availability on the PVG-HKG Cathay flight and it's still showing available with 6+ award seats in Biz. I called BA's telephone award desk to confirm availability and the phone agent confirmed BA.com is accurate, meaning she wasn't seeing any Avios award availability PVG-HKG Nov 15-24.

I ended up booking using my American Airlines miles for my desired PVG-HKG Nov 22 Biz Award flight. AA had no issues seeing the award space and the AA phone rep confirmed she was seeing 9+ Biz award seats on the Nov 22 PVG-HKG flight I ended up booking.

This must be a BA award search IT outage. Too bad since I just transferred 96k Avios from Amex MR last month and this flight would only cost 15k Avios vs 22.5k AA miles.
Old Nov 16, 16, 6:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
The Cathay lack of availability for the next couple of days is unrelated - BA is blocking availability due to perceived fraud. You can only book until a certain number of days before the flight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: