Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Just noticed that the flight calculator has now been updated and confirmation of getting 40 TP for all Club Europe bookings

See below:
Attached Images  
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
​​​​​​There are 2 lounges in KRK but BA refuses to use them. The are available on priority pass or you can pay to access them
How do BA decide which destinations deserve to get a lounge, and which don't deserve such an honour ?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hungry
How do BA decide which destinations deserve to get a lounge, and which don't deserve such an honour ?
I suspect this may be a better topic for the lounge access thread or a new thread rather than embedding it in a UK domestic flights thread. Its quite far off topic
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by smokie36
Apples with apples indeed.

Its 20 years since I did the EDI-LON run regularly stopping at Charnock services on the way.

Good times but I suspect my bones might creak a bit getting off nowadays!

Not to mention the crazy drinking sessions on those buses....worse than a BA lounge!
Your memory may also be a bit suspect as certainly would not have been with Megabus. I was a regular in the Newcastle/London National Express 20 years ago, commuting almost weekly between the two.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
So no feed back yet on how this is impacting DOM travel?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by madfish
Your memory may also be a bit suspect as certainly would not have been with Megabus. I was a regular in the Newcastle/London National Express 20 years ago, commuting almost weekly between the two.
Yes National Express of course.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Is there something in particular you are interested to know?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I have posted a review of the Club Europe service (MAN-LHR-MAN). Rather than double-post it, it can be found in the dedicated http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28118545 topic.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:25 am

Thanks Tobias, interesting read. I was wondering about the reduction in seating impacting availability, service levels, boarding etc... I.e now it is "Live" how s it working out?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I've just been upgraded out of BHD tonight. Luck or teething problems? I think two others were in the same situation.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:06 pm

i wonder if that will become reasonably common, with rammed Y cabin and 2x2 even number format regardless of number of rows means there maybe unfilled seats in CE.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I am sure it will happen, just as it does on other European Short haul routes when Y is overbooked
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Surely it will be exactly the same as any European flight?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:32 pm

Genius, If there are for example 12 rows of club, that would mean 24 fewer seats, and many of the DOM flights I catch were full before the change. I know the Airbus aircraft are being densified, but in the interim a significant reduction in DOM seats. Ok that may push up yield.
Is Domestic boarding easier? (It used to be a scrum) What is the reality? I am sure locker space will be better now.
Is there any thought about making the first three rows better as there is no need to convert them to the (old) domestic configuration?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:32 pm

I've just been upgraded out of BHD tonight. Luck or teething problems? I think two others were in the same situation.
As they've effectively taken a lot of available seats out that were previously available for use, this has resulted in Y class being oversold on nearly every flight resulting in lots of upgrades throughout the Domestic network.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.