Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
It is an error that your boarding cards are saying Club Europe for tomorrow.
The new Club Europe services on domestic routes won't start until April 1st.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I expect this to change once this month is over and so they no longer have the lower points levels.
I'm a little confused by this - surely the precedent here for 'domestic Club' tier points within Europe is probably Iberia within Spain which post at 20 a go so the chances are that the UK wouldn't change?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I'm a little confused by this - surely the precedent here for 'domestic Club' tier points within Europe is probably Iberia within Spain which post at 20 a go so the chances are that the UK wouldn't change?
Various sources have hinted it will be 40 TPs, and I'll guess we will find out in just a few weeks now. The 20 TPs is actually the aberration if you consider all the other domestic business classes out there which give 40 (QR, S7, AA, MY, AB and, um, BA).

I guess the official Calculator won't change much before 31 March, due to some legacy booking classes.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Various sources have hinted it will be 40 TPs
BA say explicitly in their fact sheet PDF that "When travelling in Club Europe, customers can now enjoy more benefits than previously with the Business UK fare", and in the list of benefits that follows, one of them is "More Avios and Tier Points" in comparison with Business UK.

https://www.speedbirdclub.com/mediaL...20UK_Trade.pdf

I suppose they could mean 21 TP but I would be surprised if it were not 40.

[If the link directs you to a login page, pick a random country and then choose "I don't have an IATA number"]

----

(Interestingly I did not know that Gatwick Premium was not available for Business UK customers!)
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
But that is for another airline's flights. BA does also have just as much of a precedent for domestic Club on its own flights earning 40 TPs. So I'm not sure how this tea leaf-reading gets one very far.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
But that is for another airline's flights. BA does also have just as much of a precedent for domestic Club on its own flights earning 40 TPs. So I'm not sure how this tea leaf-reading gets one very far.
It is indeed, but it is another IAG airline to be fair, and the Iberia and BA earnings do tend to be broadly similar. BA haven't really had a huge presence of Club in the home market (barring JER/DUB maybe?), so I personally felt that they may just copy over the Iberia home market model in terms of earning but if they do change it to 40 then all's the better for it.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:27 pm

Looks like 40TP and 750 avios confirmed

Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by sammyboy999

https://twitter.com/British_Airways/...99465771380740
Where did you get confirmation from? I have 2 GLA round trips in I class in mid April and the bookings are still showing as 40TPs round-trip, and the TP calculator hasn't
​​​yet been updated......

EDITED......The Twitter link doesn't show in your original post, only in the quoted post......strange!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Edina
Where did you get confirmation from? I have 2 GLA round trips in I class in mid April and the bookings are still showing as 40TPs round-trip, and the TP calculator hasn't yet been updated......
I suppose you're on mobile and don't see the embedded tweet. The BA twitter team confirmed this.

@JaySeaPea Hi Jay. You would earn 40 Tier Points and 750 Avios for a Club Europe domestic flight from 01 April. ^Neil
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by florens
I suppose you're on mobile and don't see the embedded tweet. The BA twitter team confirmed this.
Thanks....Just realised as you posted 😀
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sammyboy999

https://twitter.com/British_Airways/...99465771380740
Welcome to FlyerTalk sammyboy999 and thanks so much for joining us here. I would take anything the BA Twitter team say with a pinch of salt but in this case it falls broadly in line with our expectations.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
BA does also have just as much of a precedent for domestic Club on its own flights earning 40 TPs. So I'm not sure how this tea leaf-reading gets one very far.
It is indeed, but it is another IAG airline to be fair, and the Iberia and BA earnings do tend to be broadly similar. BA haven't really had a huge presence of Club in the home market (barring JER/DUB maybe?), so I personally felt that they may just copy over the Iberia home market model in terms of earning but if they do change it to 40 then all's the better for it.
Globaliser is obliquely referring to BA's domestic flights in South Africa between JNB and DUR, CPT and PLZ, all of which have long earned 40 TP in Club.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Globaliser is obliquely referring to BA's domestic flights in South Africa between JNB and DUR, CPT and PLZ, all of which have long earned 40 TP in Club.
Touché. But they are franchise rather than mainline metal, so didn't enter my head despite using them every other month...
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
I've just booked my first D-CE, and have noticed that the "Request a special meal" option is greyed out.

I wonder if this is because they haven't quite worked out what the food offering will be yet, or if it's just waiting to be populated...?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Still doesn't mention catering on my Inverness booking, just complimentary drinks including champagne on request, unlike my proper Non DOM CE which says food .....
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Ive four upcoming reward bookings two Club Europe one to Club World and one to first all with EDI-LHR legs on them, all "downgraded" to ET. Called the gold line and was advised we can only have CE on the domestic legs if we pay £88 each for each flight.

I thought I read we could have a switch back to 1C/F from whence we have been removed.

Certainly won't be paying but don't understand why some are keeping CE on reward flights and some are not. The call agent was very pleasant but was unable to tell me what fare class our tickets were and said he'd checked with his supervisor and "it made no difference"

Should I call back again next week? It's only a short flight but just interested in what the true position is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.