Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I called today to see if our domestic leg would be upgraded (Avios).

After a little to and fro with the agent, the back office team moved our booking from U to X and thus into CE. He went to speak to "his" team twice, after the first he said we should be in ET. However, I pointed out that our return was in CE and it wasn't consistent yada yada. After that he came back and agreed.

As other have pointed out, it appears the agents are not fully aware of the CE on domestics. Probably a few IT gremlins still lurking out there (such as on the mobile app that we now have 3 cancelled bookings, 1 confirmed in CE).
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by csdavidson
I called today to see if our domestic leg would be upgraded (Avios).

After a little to and fro with the agent, the back office team moved our booking from U to X and thus into CE. He went to speak to "his" team twice, after the first he said we should be in ET. However, I pointed out that our return was in CE and it wasn't consistent yada yada. After that he came back and agreed.

As other have pointed out, it appears the agents are not fully aware of the CE on domestics. Probably a few IT gremlins still lurking out there (such as on the mobile app that we now have 3 cancelled bookings, 1 confirmed in CE).
Other way around, you want to be moved from X to U. X will be ET and U will be CE.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Disappointing that ba.com appears not to have been updated re TPs and Avios.

What are people seeing in their bookings?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Disappointing that ba.com appears not to have been updated re TPs and Avios.

What are people seeing in their bookings?
No change on my bookings.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Calum
No change on my bookings.
Thanks.

I thought they might have been updated by now with the new TPs and Avios.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA - Bronze : HHonnors Gold : Hyatt Gold
My July bookings (GLA-LHR-YYC, YVR-LHR-GLA) have had the UK sectors updated for CE, but for the outward GLA-LHR segment MMB has stated for the past few days that I have four seats confirmed (instead of two). 7A & 7B as well as our new CE seats 1A & 1C
Hopefully 7A & 7B will disappear!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Gorcat
.... but for the outward GLA-LHR segment MMB has stated for the past few days that I have four seats confirmed (instead of two). !
I have the same for my June bookings LHR - EDI rtn. The app shows I have seats 2b/c and 1b/c booked. However on MMB online when I click to go in to change the seats (as b seats shouldn't exist in CE...) I can't change or select other seats without error messages. Hopefully closer the time it sorts itself out.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by arh1
I have the same for my June bookings LHR - EDI rtn. The app shows I have seats 2b/c and 1b/c booked. However on MMB online when I click to go in to change the seats (as b seats shouldn't exist in CE...) I can't change or select other seats without error messages. Hopefully closer the time it sorts itself out.
I also had this issue for September flights. Prior to the introduction of domestic Club Europe I had 6a/b MAN - LHR then from March 1st, also had 2a/c. Waited for it to sort itself but on Friday phoned the Bronze line (I am a lowly Bronze) and they sorted the issue for me^
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
I'm upset my domestic travels haven't been moved into the CE cabin
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by scoobycat
I also had this issue for September flights. Prior to the introduction of domestic Club Europe I had 6a/b MAN - LHR then from March 1st, also had 2a/c. Waited for it to sort itself but on Friday phoned the Bronze line (I am a lowly Bronze) and they sorted the issue for me^
Thank you for sharing that experience scoobycat, and thank you too for joining up with us here on the BA Board on Flyertalk. Good to see you here, and I hope we will see more of you.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Blue
We're flying NCL-LHR-OSL next month and have been moved into CE for the first domestic leg. Will this entitle us to lounge access at LHR?

Also, MMB gives seat selection options up to row 12 - I don't think I've ever seen such a big CE cabin.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IMetThePieMan
We're flying NCL-LHR-OSL next month and have been moved into CE for the first domestic leg. Will this entitle us to lounge access at LHR?

Also, MMB gives seat selection options up to row 12 - I don't think I've ever seen such a big CE cabin.
CE for NCL-LHR will give you lounge access at NCL only. Any lounge access at LHR before your LHR-OSL will be based only your status and cabin class for your LHR-OSL flight.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Other way around, you want to be moved from X to U. X will be ET and U will be CE.
yes, that's what I meant
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:01 pm

Tier points

Has anyone booked a CE domestic flight since the system changed and how many tier points show in MMB?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ifu05596
Has anyone booked a CE domestic flight since the system changed and how many tier points show in MMB?
Yes, booked 6 domestic CE, all show 20 TP per leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.