Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellerFrequently
Club Europe and EuroTraveller will be launched on UK domestic routes on 01 April 2017.

What does this mean for those of us with existing bookings for travel from April onwards?
  • If your ticket was booked into J, C, D, R, I, or U fare classes, you will travel in the CE cabin and will enjoy lounge access plus the usual fast track benefits and special meal options that come with CE.
  • If your ticket was booked into the Y bucket, you will be rebooked for free into J (Club Europe) and the above benefits will apply. This should happen automatically well in advance of travel. If your ticket was not issued by BA, you should contact the issuing airline to make sure this change is properly processed.
  • If your ticket was booked into B, H, K, M, L, V, N, Q, O, S, G fare classes, you will travel in the ET cabin and all elements of the airport and cabin experience will the same as before.
  • If your ticket was booked into the X fare bucket (economy class redemption), then you will travel in the ET cabin above. However, if this was part of a longhaul club or first ticket, it may be possible to be rebooked for free into the U (Club Europe) bucket. You will have to call BA to accomplish this change.

Earning Avios and Tier Points
  • Q, O, and G class will earn 125 Avios and 5 TP per sector (no change)
  • K, L, M, N, S, and V class will earn 250 Avios and 10 TP per sector (no change)
  • Y*, B, and H class will earn 500 Avios and 20 TP per sector (no change)
  • R and I class will earn 750 Avios and 40 TP per sector
  • J, C, and D class will earn 1250 Avios and 40 TP per sector.
* Existing Y class bookings are expected to be moved to J and will earn the higher Avios rate.

Spending Avios
  • X will be the redemption class for EuroTraveller
  • U will be the redemption class for Club Europe
Print Wikipost

Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
"Enhanced complimentary". Does that mean "we were giving you complimentary, as in free out of the goodness of our hearts, food in economy but we enhanced that so you can now pay"?
Or are they going to re-introduce the hot breakfasts they've just got rid of on some slightly longer flights?

Just got an email telling me of the changes so had a quick look at MMB.
Been moved again from 4A on the inbound/outbound flights to 5F and 7A.
Can't be bothered with these random seating changes so stuck myself in the exit row where I should remain unless CE goes to 11/12 rows.

Last edited by xenole; Mar 2, 2017 at 3:17 am
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by florens
Got the following e-mail from BAEC (my bolding):
I have just had the same, twice, for the same flight.
The first one addressed me by name and correctly shows me as a GCH.
The second one is to "Dear Sir or Madam" and has me as Blue!

I also had the this "flight is cancelled" and other options yesterday as reported above.
I am sure it will all work out fine in the end ....
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:19 am

Looks like afternoon tea scones have been 'enhanced';

"On our afternoon flights within the UK and Europe, you can choose between sandwiches or a Ploughman's salad, both served with traditional British afternoon tea cake and a fine cup of tea."
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ReadystEDIgo
Looks like afternoon tea scones have been 'enhanced';

"On our afternoon flights within the UK and Europe, you can choose between sandwiches or a Ploughman's salad, both served with traditional British afternoon tea cake and a fine cup of tea."
Haha, the only thing that stopped BA's entire afternoon tea service in CE going in the bin for me.

Also of interest is a full bar service is only 'on flights within Europe', which apparently the UK is no longer part of. On the plus side, the page implies all non-domestic CE flights will now get hot food at lunch and dinner. This entire page could be wrong though given how badly drafted it is. BA has decided not to attempt a hot breakfast on LBA and MAN flights.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:36 am

Given I was expecting BoB on my flight to LHR, I'm quite enthused with the prospect of cheese and wine!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
This will probably get all these people who said they would never fly BA again due to not getting a free cup of tea suddenly come rushing back and be quite willing to pay something like £340 for a MAN-LHR flight just to get their "complimentary" whatever
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:57 am

If you're a Member of the Executive Club, you will be able to collect the same amount of Avios and Tier Points for this journey as applicable to business class flexible tickets
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
If you've changed seats keep an eye on them as we've already been curtained for a flight in June, from Row 8 to Row 22 (in fairness to a similar pair of A321 'exit' seats further back) on NCL-LHR
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by YorkshireJon
Thank you for the link - I'm lazy myself for not looking at BA.com
I'm interested to see what's on offer - It's really not that I need fed in the ~hour between LHR and ABZ.

I didn't conclude that the 'full bar' service is only available in flights within europe - more a properly worded sentence on the food options being greater in europe flights.

It's really the lounge benefit that attracts me here when I'm travelling with more than one person.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GOLD
The madness continues - my domestic weekend trip to London still shows the four flights (2 cxld 2 rebooked) but on the app it shows as Club Europe and the website ET.

You really can't make this up.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Has it been confirmed yet whether a GLA-LGW CE will earn 20TP or 40TP per sector in CE?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Brighterside
The madness continues - my domestic weekend trip to London still shows the four flights (2 cxld 2 rebooked) but on the app it shows as Club Europe and the website ET.

You really can't make this up.
Can't make what up?

Altering most likely hundreds of thousands of bookings is not an easy task. Give it a few days for things to settle down. You'll still be travelling.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Wow they are pricing CE cheap on the domestics!

Why don't they just call it 'Club Domestic'? CD?
Attached Images  
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Has it been confirmed yet whether a GLA-LGW CE will earn 20TP or 40TP per sector in CE?
Yes I'll be keen to confirm this because it'll be a handy way of tacking extra TPs onto a decent CE/CW fare out of LHR.

e.g. LHR-BGO is often £160 rtn, and is now pricing at £275 for MAN-LHR-BGO return, for what could be 160TPs
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Why don't they just call it 'Club Domestic'? CD?
Because they want to have a smaller number of "products".

This way if you travel in Europe, there are two products (ET/CE) whether or not you are staying inside the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.