Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Which is better? [BA commercial, BA vs AA in business]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is better? [BA commercial, BA vs AA in business]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:22 am

Who is this advert actually aimed at?! What advertising agency ever came up with this?!

It's so twee it feels like it's made for Mumsnet. Definitely not the target audience.

The people who make decisions regarding business travel budgets would never watch this through to the end. It's badly conceived, badly shot, cheaply made and vomit-inducingly cutesy.

Just an awful piece of advertising.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
It reminded me of a CE flight to ATH a few years ago. Two kids (friends) about the same age as the ones in the ad were behind me and they were talking about their previous holidays. I just remember one saying incredulously "Economy? Who flies Economy??"
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Maybe the BA kid got an op-up and was comparing BA F to AA J

I'll get my coat.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
It reminded me of a CE flight to ATH a few years ago. Two kids (friends) about the same age as the ones in the ad were behind me and they were talking about their previous holidays. I just remember one saying incredulously "Economy? Who flies Economy??"
Yes exactly what it makes them come across as. I'm sure many people who actually fly like 90% of the population probably think like drowning those two when they see the ad, not that I recommend it.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CKBA
...but wait, why are they filmed sat on general terminal seats? Surely if they are in business class they should be in the lounge?
I think they would need an accompanying "guest" adult to gain lounge access.

BTW, the ad is awful.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by se17
Who is this advert actually aimed at?! What advertising agency ever came up with this?!

It's so twee it feels like it's made for Mumsnet. Definitely not the target audience.
It's produced by BA Communications (says at the very end) which means it's an internally made piece.

Target audience? BA management so they can keep fingers in the ears instead of on the pulse of customer reaction...

Notice that comments are hidden (and deleted - there were more, just not visible). BA just doesn't want to know.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Please tell me this is just a piss take and not a real ad.

It does kind of fall over in every dimension imaginable.

Just utterly stunned.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:37 pm

What I can't fathom is someone actually decided to make it public on the official YouTube channel. Bonkers.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
Maybe the marketing department is rebelling.

Just like CC cringing at having to offer chocolate bars instead of a second meal on Longhaul, the marketing department can no longer take pride in what they are marketing. The difference is that the latter can be a little more vocal... and this screams 'I can't be arsed' to me...

Last edited by destere; Oct 6, 2016 at 4:24 pm
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by se17

The people who make decisions regarding business travel budgets would never watch this through to the end. It's badly conceived, badly shot, cheaply made and vomit-inducingly cutesy.

Just an awful piece of advertising.
Not a great ad but I understand the message, which is to attract BA customers towards AA on its JV routes, particular those who may not be aware that AA now offers flat beds in business on these routes. The timing couples with the current triple Avios promotion.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:29 pm

More misrepresentation from BA.

If I was AA, I'd sue...

Both shocking and tragically funny.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:30 pm

So embarrassing, so cringeworthy, I was certain it was a crude parody until the end
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dave_C
What I can't fathom is someone actually decided to make it public on the official YouTube channel. Bonkers.
+1 It was so embarrasing to watch I thoguht they are saving every penny at the moment, I cannot belive they actually make this ad!!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
That is a very poor video for a blue chip company to produce.

Brand damaging content.

How has it seen the light of day?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Judging by the reaction on here I take it this is being aired on national television?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.