Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC Customer Events/Golden Ticket Events?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Never invited either

Originally Posted by jaguarpig
Wife and I have been gold for 10 years last 3 at GGL never had an invite to anything
Gold every year since 1989 IIRC, lifetime gold in 2002 before it was public, and again when 35000 TP's were announced, have given out many deserved Golden Tickets, and have never been invited to anything. But I did get a 20g bag of crisps on my last two band 3's. At the time I wasn't happy, but at least they were complimentary (ie not included in the ticket price ), they were the days eh?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
I've been Ggl since it was created but nothing so far. Have done 5,000+ last two years. This year probably 4000. However, these days my LH is booked on QR (east) & AA (west) so I am guessing I have fallen foul of an algorithm somewhere. Shame as I do find these events interesting having been to two at F&M in recent years. Ah well c'est la vie...
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR/GGL)
I attended an event on Monday evening at Fortnum & Mason with Alex Cruz, Troy and others. I enjoyed it a lot. The BA staff were all friendly and I thought very professional at dealing with a few guests who used the opportunity to unload a lot of frustration.

There was the usual promise to invest in the Club World seat but a refreshing admission that service cuts have been made to satisfy short-term accounting needs.

There was not a lot of new information, but the head of lounges revealed, at least it was a revelation to me, that the new First/Emerald security lane will head directly into the First lounge near the Gold Bar. Those wanting to go to the CCR will need to walk through the First lounge and then down the public corridor.

Oh, and the amuse bouche was said to be coming back.

Overall, I thought it was very good of BA given it was a very cold and dark Monday evening. There was absolutely no protest that BA needs to do better.

Some of the guests told me they were regular attendees but I've only recently received a CCR card so I was very pleased to be invited. The following day, I received an e-mail asking for my top two ideas on what could be improved which I thought was a nice touch. Time will tell if any are implemented.

After a year of near incessant flying, the whole thing felt rather cathartic. It was particularly nice to swap notes with other guests.

I hope BA continues them.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Glad you enjoyed it and found it useful. I was invited, but was out the country so couldn't make it. I'm going to the next one, in December, instead. I'll report back with any updates ^
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
I shall consider myself and my invite on the "DNR" list
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Glad you enjoyed it and found it useful. I was invited, but was out the country so couldn't make it. I'm going to the next one, in December, instead. I'll report back with any updates ^
Hopefully they have lots of Oreo cheesecake in the buffet
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Translation required here please - What is a Golden Ticket event? Who is Troy? I thought it was a film.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by oftenfly
I attended an event on Monday evening at Fortnum & Mason with Alex Cruz, Troy and others. I enjoyed it a lot. The BA staff were all friendly and I thought very professional at dealing with a few guests who used the opportunity to unload a lot of frustration.
Welcome to Flyertalk, and welcome to the BA forum oftenfly, it's great to see you here, and I'm glad you enjoyed the F&M event. By all means feel free to contribute to this space, I'm sure you can make a positive contribution to the threads here. And if you see someone with a black mug in CCR, feel free to say hello.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
Translation required here please - What is a Golden Ticket event? Who is Troy? I thought it was a film.
Golden Tickets are given out by Gold Card Holders, you should get some printed tickets and there's a digital one on the home page. Some staff get rather a lot of them, and they get invited to F&M or Gleneagles every so often, by way of a thank you. In attendance are BA managers, and a selection of BA customers.

Troy Warfield is the Director of Customer Experience, and a board member of BA. He is Australian, with a background in Unilever.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR/GGL)
Many thanks indeed corporate-wage-slave. I'll be sure to say hello.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk, and welcome to the BA forum oftenfly, it's great to see you here, and I'm glad you enjoyed the F&M event. By all means feel free to contribute to this space, I'm sure you can make a positive contribution to the threads here. And if you see someone with a black mug in CCR, feel free to say hello.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thanks CWS, 'Director of Customer Experience' - you couldn't make it up ! Unless you were George Orwell, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.