BAEC Customer Events/Golden Ticket Events?

Old Aug 31, 16, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
BAEC Customer Events/Golden Ticket Events?

When reading the thread about the gold welcome pack and inclusion of a golden ticket (secretly hoping I get one for renewal in Sept), it got me thinking about the initial trial for it that I was part of and I think because of the trial, I was invited to one of the golden ticket events at Fortnum & Mason with a few BA customers and many BA staff.

It was a fantastic evening with some great conversation with other customers (perhaps some of you ), senior management, crew and ground staff. I think the highlight was meeting one of the check in ladies who works at JFK and appeared on a bbc documentary a while back - she is the funniest member of BA staff, ever! Perhaps you've met her? The MD of citiflyer was very nice and so was spending some time with MF, EF and WW crew I felt happy to be there and lucky to get an invite. Perhaps the low point of the event was van der post speaking and telling the staff that BA cannot thank them so have asked their customers to do it for them.

I'm aware there are GGL lunches (I should be so lucky ) but what other BA events have existed over the years that you been part of?

Perhaps your invited to a current event taking place soon (assuming they haven't been enhanced).

Apologies if a similar thread exists, I could not find anything
Old Aug 31, 16, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lavajava View Post
Perhaps the low point of the event was van der post speaking and telling the staff that BA cannot thank them so have asked their customers to do it for them
That is a completely bizarre thing to say. The most obvious way to 'thank' staff is financially. However, from what I know and have read, empowering staff is a more powerful motivator and generates more loyalty. If that's the attitude from a seemingly respected (former) senior manager, heaven help BA.
Old Aug 31, 16, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

I think (hope) he was trying to be funny, I don't think it paid off.
Old Aug 31, 16, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL, BA Silver, VS, BA Amex PP
When reading the thread about the gold welcome pack and inclusion of a golden ticket (secretly hoping I get one for renewal in Sept), it got me thinking about the initial trial for it that I was part of and I think because of the trial, I was invited to one of the golden ticket events at Fortnum & Mason with a few BA customers and many BA staff.

It was a fantastic evening with some great conversation with other customers (perhaps some of you ), senior management, crew and ground staff. I think the highlight was meeting one of the check in ladies who works at JFK and appeared on a bbc documentary a while back - she is the funniest member of BA staff, ever! Perhaps you've met her? The MD of citiflyer was very nice and so was spending some time with MF, EF and WW crew I felt happy to be there and lucky to get an invite. Perhaps the low point of the event was van der post speaking and telling the staff that BA cannot thank them so have asked their customers to do it for them.

I'm aware there are GGL lunches (I should be so lucky ) but what other BA events have existed over the years that you been part of?

Perhaps your invited to a current event taking place soon (assuming they haven't been enhanced).

Apologies if a similar thread exists, I could not find anything
I used to work in Parliament and we would occasionally (usually on a Tuesday lunchtime) see cabin crew waiting by one of the public entrances to accompany guests to the security point, with further cabin crew waiting beyond security to take them to one of the dining rooms. I was told that these were "thank you" lunches for high-spending customers of the airline. I believed it came to an end when the Peer in whose name the booking was being made was advised that it could be deemed use of Parliament for commercial gain and so was no longer allowed...
Old Oct 27, 16, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
I have just received an invitation to one of these, in December. "Troy" will be there (apparently).
Any other FT-ers likely to be going?
Old Oct 27, 16, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by furryman View Post
I have just received an invitation to one of these, in December. "Troy" will be there (apparently).
I went to the GGL one last week and spoke to Troy as well as Alex and a couple of other BA management. Don't get your hopes up - he doesn't care.
Old Oct 27, 16, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Quarky Quark View Post
That is a completely bizarre thing to say. The most obvious way to 'thank' staff is financially. However, from what I know and have read, empowering staff is a more powerful motivator and generates more loyalty. If that's the attitude from a seemingly respected (former) senior manager, heaven help BA.
Not just bizarre, quite sick actually.
Old Oct 27, 16, 3:47 pm
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Fortnums next month

I've going to the one in mid-November. Went to a GGL lunch at Mossimans a couple of years ago and buttonholed Frank vdP at the drinks to make sure that I got my views across before we all sat down - then I ended up with my place next to his at the table. Felt sort of sorry for him being forced to entertain me so ended up talking to everyone else on my side of the table....

Last edited by FF; Oct 27, 16 at 3:53 pm
Old Oct 27, 16, 8:03 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The OH and I (both GGL/CCR) have not been invited to either F&M event.
Old Oct 28, 16, 4:01 am
Original Poster

One of these, being a GGL Event? Something else? Have fun speaking to "Troy".
Old Oct 28, 16, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently View Post
The OH and I (both GGL/CCR) have not been invited to either F&M event.
Wife and I have been gold for 10 years last 3 at GGL never had an invite to anything
Old Oct 28, 16, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
One of these, being a GGL Event? Something else? Have fun speaking to "Troy".
per the thread title "BAEC Customer Events/Golden Ticket Events"
Old Oct 28, 16, 5:59 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by jaguarpig View Post
Wife and I have been gold for 10 years last 3 at GGL never had an invite to anything
I'm sure that both you and your lovely wife would much rather do something far more exciting and romantic for an evening together in London than being at an event with some BA bigwigs and staff who'd rather be anywhere else.
Old Oct 30, 16, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GFL / GGL, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
There have been some great events over the years that I have been lucky enough to attend but I now seem to be off the list, maybe because I am a sub-5k TP GGL now

The best one I went to was a bash at the Gherkin for Comic Relief. Some great, fun celebs there including Davina who was just brilliant, plus Lenny Henry and others, as well as some interesting BA people, including Keith Williams who was great to chat to.

Another really good one was a Golden Ticket event - the only person who received a Golden Ticket from me that year was there - I still remember clearly the flight to Seoul where she was just outstanding on the flight and she seemed really pleased that I was at the event as well..

Doubt unless i can squeeze over 5k TPs that I will see any more invites..
Old Oct 31, 16, 5:37 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
Not just bizarre, quite sick actually.
i dont see the issue here as I agree with the OP. I left my previous job after they kept giving empty thank yous rather then any bonus.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: