Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The end of Diamond Club! [MBNA CC earning ceased 30 Sept, Avios transfer 30 Nov 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The end of Diamond Club! [MBNA CC earning ceased 30 Sept, Avios transfer 30 Nov 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
There's a mention of the Diamond club on HFP this morning

http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/11...oses-tomorrow/
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:17 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
So, as a bit of a humble pie moment I have to say my fears about BA's call centre were unfounded. Less than 90 seconds to get through, transferred to web support inside a minute or two and then a very helpful technician who worked through force-reset passwords to fix my account. Took a while but all pretty efficient. Diamond Club miles safely converted and overall impression of BA enhanced (in the normal-English sense of the word).
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by PZE
So, as a bit of a humble pie moment I have to say my fears about BA's call centre were unfounded. Less than 90 seconds to get through, transferred to web support inside a minute or two and then a very helpful technician who worked through force-reset passwords to fix my account. Took a while but all pretty efficient. Diamond Club miles safely converted and overall impression of BA enhanced (in the normal-English sense of the word).

Good effort.
Thanks for posting the update. Glad it worked out

cs
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Is there any way to transfer bmi Avios to BAEC without calling the customer service? I have no time for the next couple of days as will be engaged in meetings.

I tried several internet browsers, none of those worked. I always got "Combine my Avios is not available at the moment. Please try again later"

I also sent a message to BAEC but no response at all.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I have 1 mile in my DC account. The transfer tool says 0, so it looks like it'll go down with the ship.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Snap! I think it's sat there since 2013, getting ever more lonely. Still, at least it'll get put out of its misery shortly ...
My account told me that I had **6,842 miles.

I tried to transfer **6,842 miles, but I was told that I had insufficient to complete the transfer. So I then tried to transfer **6,841 miles, which went through immediately with no hassle.

I wanted a screenshot for posterity of my last lonely mile that refused to go to BAEC, but what did I see? "Account balance: 0".

Aah, bmi - we love you yet.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Yes, another with a hold-out single bmi mile that doesn't want to leave its cosy Diamond Club home! I'm suspicious it's more a 0.5 mile that is getting rounded up by some systems and down by others!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Yes, another with a hold-out single bmi mile that doesn't want to leave its cosy Diamond Club home! I'm suspicious it's more a 0.5 mile that is getting rounded up by some systems and down by others!
I'm sure that's the answer.

But it is ironic, given the precision with which Diamond Club tells us when a particular transaction posted. For example:-
04-Jul-2016 MBNA Consumer Credit Card on 04-Jul-2016 08:50:19.647
To the precise millisecond: is that what was meant by "bmi time"?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hahaha love it - the best bmi time was Sunday morning when Dennis was on in the ICC, no?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Final call for transferring your miles out and booking with the 10% discount.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by PZE
So, as a bit of a humble pie moment...
Credit where it's due ^. I do like a happy ending .
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I wonder if I'll ever forget my DC membership number . I still recall my old 13 digit Barclaycard number from ~20 years ago, and other totally useless sequences of digits. Maybe I'll sit there babbling them away in a few decades... 4-8-15-16-23-42...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
RIP

In accordance with the notice given to members of the Diamond Club on 31 August 2016, closure of the Diamond Club took effect on 30 November 2016.

Any Destinations Miles that were not transferred to Avios in the British Airways Executive Club have now expired
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I had 512 miles remaining in my account having transferred the bulk of my balance last month. Yesterday I couldn't log on to ba.com and I only remembered to try again just after midnight. No luck! D'oh!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
So long DC
You were the start of an addiction
I travelled to far flung places
In premium cabins
For few miles
And now your demise is complete
We will never see your like again
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:53 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
In honour of the final demise of BD & Diamond Club, would anyone be interested in a final, final, never to be repeated, once-in-a-lifetime offer of a DO, in time-honoured BD tradition at the Glasshouse Stores?

If we can pull enough people together to make it worthwhile (and I'm assuming there may be others who've moved to A3 M+B we could lure in), I'm sure there may be a couple of mods here who occasionally hung around the BD board who would try and make it happen ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.