Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I am writing to you personally (Hilliergram - spoiler, not personal)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I am writing to you personally (Hilliergram - spoiler, not personal)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Just that you fly on BA, does not mean that they have to fly on BA surely? If there are better carriers, why not book those
On some routes that is akin to saying if you don't like the sound of the Trumpet then vote for Hilarious when either might be less preferable than putting one's head in a vice.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin
You and Mr Noble do realise that it's possible to do more than one thing? I can find alternatives for my parents and I will but I can also post on FT.

But l when a major point to point airline with a large daily number of flights per day is ruled out it's a problem it gets harder (unlike complaining on the internet about people complaining on the Internet or even sending shiny envelopes across the Atlantic for no reason at all).
I've not complained about you complaining, just suggested what I believe is a better course of action

A vent is always nice though.

As you say BA does have a huge scheduling advantage, which I guess is why they feel they can make these cuts.

Im trying to avoid BA Y wherever I can once my Silver expires but it will be tough from BOS, which is why I'm hoping the Norwegian flights are viable so I have that extra choice.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by philthegreek
Have these Hillier letters reached the UK yet. The two OPs that have received them are based in the US. Is this a special post Brexit deal for our American cousins? I think we should be told
Well nothing at 7am this morning in the UK. Maybe we have something to look forward to tomorrow? Of maybe the UK customers don't have the same choice than those in the US?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by philthegreek
Have these Hillier letters reached the UK yet. The two OPs that have received them are based in the US. Is this a special post Brexit deal for our American cousins? I think we should be told
He's suffered RSI from all those personalised signatures, ours will take a few more weeks until he recovers...
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
they are also copying that text into replies to emailed complaints !
Old Aug 18, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by James Hillier
I wanted to assure you that we are working tirelessly around the clock to ensure that we eliminate or minimise any further delays as a result of our new system.
It is of course impossible to work tirelessly around the clock. In fact, I bet that attempting to do just that is what has led to the FLY problems in the first place.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: BA GGL
My "personal" letter just arrived. My postie must have thought the shiny gold envelope was just the thing to keep all the other letters dry as it was soaking wet (to be fair it is chucking it down with rain). Perhaps she DNKWIA?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
My "personal" letter just arrived. My postie must have thought the shiny gold envelope was just the thing to keep all the other letters dry as it was soaking wet (to be fair it is chucking it down with rain). Perhaps she DNKWIA?
Just received mine in London. I've seen blander letters but not sure it adds much

Last edited by brightstar100; Aug 20, 2016 at 4:38 am
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Received in the lowlands of Lincolnshire.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:16 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Received mine in rural Midlands on Saturday. Straight into the bin. Patronising mass drivel.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Beano HK
Received mine in rural Midlands on Saturday. Straight into the bin. Patronising mass drivel.
What should that nice Mr. Hillier have done then?

I agree with dylanks that it's good to communicate openly about this to passengers, many of whom have yet to discover FT and may be wondering what on earth was going on in June and July.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:19 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I agree with dylanks that it's good to communicate openly about this to passengers, many of whom have yet to discover FT and may be wondering what on earth was going on in June and July.
In my case not bothered at all. I don't need any more junk mail, in a shiny envelope, or otherwise. It remains patronising drivel.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

To start with don't patronize us by calling it "personal writing to you" when it is a mass produced letter.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (GGL/CCR) A3 Gold VS Gold Emirates Gold Alitalia MMGold HH Diamond SPG Gold
Sorry we haven't been at our absolute best - James

Did anyone else receive the GGL targeted letter from James Hillier.
It acknowledges failings in BA systems recently citing the new FLY system, increased ATC industrial action and thunderstorms.
I am assured people are working tirelessly behind the scenes to restore expected service levels
Nice to know!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hmmmm not received. Should I feel worse about not receiving a patronising letter than receiving one? It's a difficult one...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.