Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I am writing to you personally (Hilliergram - spoiler, not personal)

Old Aug 17, 16, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA 1K, DL FO

So today I got a letter in the actual mail that began 'I am writing to you personally, to say sorry that we haven't been at our absolute best in recent weeks' from our good friend James Hillier (the Mrs Trellis of BAEC).

It's quite long but it's not personal but it basically says 'FLY was screwed up but it was short-lived so get over yourself'.

Despite the problems I had zero Fly related issues except a late departure from EWR which still ended up on-time thanks to the jet stream.

What really upsets me is the degradation to the economy class service and the fun-sized Mars Bars. Yes I fly J because my employer has a good deal with BA but I need my elderly parents to come out here and see their grandchildren. The pathetic, spiteful cuts to WT and indeed WT+ save bugger all make their lives less pleasant and consequently mine.

So save your laser printed signature and weasel words and the postage to North America. Those enhancements alone will pay for a full-size Mars bar.
Old Aug 17, 16, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Just that you fly on BA, does not mean that they have to fly on BA surely? If there are better carriers, why not book those
Old Aug 17, 16, 8:35 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
There haven't been any more reports here about FLY issues - so have they found the root cause of the problems and everything is smooth these days?
Old Aug 17, 16, 8:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
There haven't been any more reports here about FLY issues - so have they found the root cause of the problems and everything is smooth these days?
There was a thread earlier today that had a hint of FLY about it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ms-outage.html
Old Aug 17, 16, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Just that you fly on BA, does not mean that they have to fly on BA surely? If there are better carriers, why not book those
He said his employer has a deal with BA.
Old Aug 17, 16, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Received my GGL version of the letter today as well. I was surprised I hadn't seen a thread about it already as mine was sent across the pond. My kids like the gold envelopes, but we're disappointed to not find more bag tags inside this time.

I think companies should be more willing to just admit their mistakes, but our litigious society makes that difficult. It would be more impressive if they didn't try to sugarcoat the message, and had just said something along the lines of "we f---ed up, we'll learn from this and we will do better". At least that's the tl;dr; version of their letter
Old Aug 17, 16, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by elitetraveler View Post
Yes, he said that he has to travel with BA, but that doesn't mean that the others have to when travelling ( which seems to be separate trips ) - ime employer deals tend to be limited to travelling for business purposes
Old Aug 17, 16, 10:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold, SPG Plat,
Have these Hillier letters reached the UK yet. The two OPs that have received them are based in the US. Is this a special post Brexit deal for our American cousins? I think we should be told
Old Aug 17, 16, 10:41 pm

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR and other stuff too tedious to mention
Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin View Post
....the Mrs Trellis of BAEC
+1
Old Aug 18, 16, 1:20 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL&CCR)
Also received one in the US
Old Aug 18, 16, 3:45 am

(the Mrs Trellis of BAEC).

Old Aug 18, 16, 4:20 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by elitetraveler View Post
Nice employers if they pay for the grand parents too. Perhaps to deal is so good BA need to cut things to make a profit!

I'm with the other guy though, talk with your feet, not flyer talk, get them on VS, or even Norwegian. That's what I'm trying to persuade everyone coming out to see me to do, fares to BOS haven't been so low in years, need Norwegian to survive! Esp as service reports have been good!
Old Aug 18, 16, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA 1K, DL FO
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj View Post
Nice employers if they pay for the grand parents too. Perhaps to deal is so good BA need to cut things to make a profit!

I'm with the other guy though, talk with your feet, not flyer talk, get them on VS, or even Norwegian. That's what I'm trying to persuade everyone coming out to see me to do, fares to BOS haven't been so low in years, need Norwegian to survive! Esp as service reports have been good!
You and Mr Noble do realise that it's possible to do more than one thing? I can find alternatives for my parents and I will but I can also post on FT.

But l when a major point to point airline with a large daily number of flights per day is ruled out it's a problem it gets harder (unlike complaining on the internet about people complaining on the Internet or even sending shiny envelopes across the Atlantic for no reason at all).
Old Aug 18, 16, 6:08 am

Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
I've attached a copy of the letter... to answer why the US has received them first, I can only speculate that perhaps they sent ours out first in an attempt to have everyone receive them at roughly the same time.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 18, 16, 6:14 am
Suspended

You and Mr Noble do realise that it's possible to do more than one thing? I can find alternatives for my parents and I will but I can also post on FT.

But l when a major point to point airline with a large daily number of flights per day is ruled out it's a problem it gets harder (unlike complaining on the internet about people complaining on the Internet or even sending shiny envelopes across the Atlantic for no reason at all).
You are stating ". The pathetic, spiteful cuts to WT and indeed WT+ save bugger all make their lives less pleasant and consequently mine"

if travelling on BA is unpleasant for them, then why book them on BA ? If booking them on other airlines how does it make their lives less pleasant?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: