Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller food changes - crisps only [Bands 2 and 3]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
** Mod note:

This information is valid until January 2017, at which point BA will be introducing Buy on Board for flights from LGW & LHR, with LCY & STN moving to a BOB model from Summer 2017.

Please see here for the discussion on the BOB options.

Examples of what to expect. The descriptions are based on services to/from London Heathrow (LGW/LCY follow the same principle but there may be minor variations to the actual offerings listed below)

Breakfast
Euro Traveller Bands 1, 2, and 3
A filled croissant and orange juice. A vegetarian alternative is also available on request. Service follows with the choice of tea or coffee

Euro Traveller Band 4
Breakfast deli box containing an egg and bacon sandwich, yoghurt pot, and a Lily O’Brien’s chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered

Snack basket
Euro Traveller Bands 1, 2, and 3
Your choice of Island Bakery cookies, Corker’s crisps and Thai Street Food savoury snack will be served with your choice of beverage

Lunch
Euro Traveller Bands 2, and 3
A sandwich will be served with your choice of beverage. Vegetarian option available on request

Rest of the day meal
Euro Traveller Band 4
Drink from the bar followed by Deli box containing a sandwich, dessert pot, cheese and crackers, and a Lily O’Brien’s chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered
Print Wikipost

Euro Traveller food changes - crisps only [Bands 2 and 3]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dpark74
I'm flying LGW to Heraklion soon with a 7am departure. Will that be crisps/biscuits too? If so I'd better bring some food with me.
Originally Posted by ENTP
That's Band 4 so should receive the breakfast snack box. However all bets seem to be off now so I'd consider backup supplies.
Band 4 hasn't been affected (nor has Band 2 either). At that hour, you'll get something like a filled ham croissant and a cereal bar in the box.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 15, 2016 at 1:32 pm
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
As long as the on board food they were selling was value for money id be happy to pay

I've been long buying and taking on my own food in economy as the onboard 'meals' are rarely my ideal protein/carb/fat balance but I can see why this is annoying a lot of customers who expected some proper food and ended up with a mere snack and no choice to buy anything better
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Perhaps a route-appropriate offering, such as a single Greek olive?
The only route appropriate offering on short haul seems to be on routes to Hungary
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Only1BD
The only route appropriate offering on short haul seems to be on routes to Hungary
Funny spin on the sad state of affairs. Thinking of the last departure to BUD leaving T3 at around 8pm, does not land until 00:10am, those poor souls in ET will be rather hungry, especially if they arrived at the airport 2 hours prior and were awaiting food onboard.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Bag of crisps NAP-LGW last week. I remember thinking that it seemed pretty poor but thought it might be a mistake. Clearly not - and this could become a real issue for BA if their sole remaining premium differentiator is lost.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

The food cutbacks really are having a visible effect already and there is outrage!

Live footage from some very angry ET and WT customers. The Rebellion has started.

Last edited by PETER01; Aug 15, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:51 pm

BA short haul will be Veuling eventually in Economy.
CE will stay as other legacy carriers are keeping some sort of "premium" cabin in the front.
CE tends to be well sold on my route (ARN).
They way I see it, without Gold and I suppose Silver, the incentive to fly BA in Economy is zero.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by Petrus
CE will stay as other legacy carriers are keeping some sort of "premium" cabin in the front.
CE tends to be well sold on my route (ARN).
They way I see it, without Gold and I suppose Silver, the incentive to fly BA in Economy is zero.
Sadly, you are very probably correct.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: British Airways Exec, Virgin Atlantic
On 8th August 7:10am Heathrow to Gibraltar we got tea and ham and cheese croissant for breakfast. We will see if we get lunch on the way home in Friday.

I like BA as the pricing is pretty upfront unlike the low cost carriers but they are now getting more expensive and removal of the perks such as free food and drink is very disappointing. Flying to Seville in Februray with EasyJet as its £280 compared to double with BA. Only comparable fare with BA was to Gib again but you run the risk of diversions to Malaga during the winter months. BAs Seville pricing is ridiculous. £1000 nest July!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The comparison and contrast with Qantas is interesting. QF now quite profitable and is run by a distant cousin of Mr Walsh (some comment over here in the NZ press when they were at the same family Christmas bash at the time QF moved over to the EK deal).
QF feeds its economy passengers even on the short SYD-MEL - hot food and free wine/beer. Some fantastic lounges with a la carte dining and some of the best crews in the industry. Fares are falling here in Aus/NZ and competition on the long hauls is particularly fierce, but QF seems to feel that it can compete on service rather than low fares. They set up Jetstar for that precise reason. BA had their chance with Go and handed that whole market over to easyJet.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:34 pm

And are now playing catch-up, losing customer fast as their expectations of BA are entirely different than EZ.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:35 pm

Indeed, a type of economy plus model. Really with the all economy seating it is all set up.

Last edited by simons1; Aug 15, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Has every single ground based employee at Waterside had a job change? The whole company seems to be being run like an episode of the Apprentice with every team vying for the "honour" of having the best money saving tip.

Is anyone looking at whatever is in the BA dictionary as the opposite of enhancement or are they just just obsessively trying to make the service worse this month than it was last month?

I keep thinking it could be worse, and then it magically is.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:40 pm

...expectations of BA are entirely different than EZ.
Yeah. Passengers are going to get off BA planes feeling hard done by, feeling short-changed, with these and other changes. A bad taste left. Need compensation for something, too bad, we don't care if you're pissed off.

Meanwhile they'll be on Easyjet and a crew member will smile or do something similarly insignificant and the reaction will be Wow. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Positive feeling left.

Who will I book my next flight with?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:00 pm

Playing devils advocate somewhat we flew to HER a couple of weeks ago (band 4), 7:45am flight (but around an hour late) arriving into HER about 2pm local time. Seeing that we might get a croissant I went to Pret to buy something more substantial to see us through lunch. For £15 we fed a family of four with some pretty decent salads/sandwiches that suited our tastes. It was lucky as the croissants and flapjacks weren't good, so just a yogurt remaining. The guy next to me couldn't eat cheese, so there was nothing for him(he kept commenting he was starving), but I did sket him have the spare flapjack and yogurt.
Having no expectation of food in my mind would probably save a great deal of wastage, but BA need to be upfront about this.Drinks on the other hand are much appreciated and I expect generate minimal waste.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.