Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Euro Traveller food changes - crisps only [Bands 2 and 3]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
** Mod note:

This information is valid until January 2017, at which point BA will be introducing Buy on Board for flights from LGW & LHR, with LCY & STN moving to a BOB model from Summer 2017.

Please see here for the discussion on the BOB options.

Examples of what to expect. The descriptions are based on services to/from London Heathrow (LGW/LCY follow the same principle but there may be minor variations to the actual offerings listed below)

Breakfast
Euro Traveller Bands 1, 2, and 3
A filled croissant and orange juice. A vegetarian alternative is also available on request. Service follows with the choice of tea or coffee

Euro Traveller Band 4
Breakfast deli box containing an egg and bacon sandwich, yoghurt pot, and a Lily O’Brien’s chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered

Snack basket
Your choice of Island Bakery cookies, Corker’s crisps and Thai Street Food savoury snack will be served with your choice of beverage

Lunch
Euro Traveller Bands 2, and 3
A sandwich will be served with your choice of beverage. Vegetarian option available on request

Rest of the day meal
Euro Traveller Band 4
Drink from the bar followed by Deli box containing a sandwich, dessert pot, cheese and crackers, and a Lily O’Brien’s chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered
Print Wikipost

Euro Traveller food changes - crisps only [Bands 2 and 3]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by qwest01
We are off to PMI in Sept out of LHR so either I fill a couple of ziplock bags with some sarnies in the lounge or bring on the full blown picnic from M&S sourced before we leave home.
Shame you can't take a flask of coffee on too as BA's is vile.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Have sent a complaint email in, hoping others are too!

Perhaps one of the best "enhancements" to date?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SophLVA
Yes. I eagerly await a cut and paste.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I did and here's their response:

Originally Posted by BA Exec Club
Thanks for your recent email about your flight from Copenhagen on 11 August. I apologise for the delay in replying to you. I’m sorry you weren’t offered an individual snack box. I appreciate why you feel disappointed.

We’ve done a lot of research and listened to feedback from our customers to make sure your on-board experience is enjoyable. We keep an eye on trends so we can make adjustments based on the meals we serve, but it can be hard to get right for every customer.

We took the decision to change the catering we offer because the majority of snack boxes were being wasted. We’re always looking at ways to reduce waste, both for the environmental impact of disposing of it, and the amount of fuel that’s burned when carrying additional weight on the aircraft.

You should have been offered a small snack as an alternative. Please accept my apologies if this wasn’t the case.
As I'm clocking up over 40 flights since April alone - similar to the rest of my 10 person team- I'm going to suggest you've not really done that much research if none of us have been asked what we think ...
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
If ever there was any doubt that BA really do just cut and paste replies, here's one I just received (32 mins after the previous e-mail) regarding a second complaint on the subject:

Originally Posted by BA Exec Club
Thanks for your recent email about your flight BA0812 from Copenhagen on 17 August. I’m sorry you weren’t offered an individual snack box. I appreciate why you feel disappointed.

We’ve done a lot of research and listened to feedback from our customers to make sure your on-board experience is enjoyable. We keep an eye on trends so we can make adjustments based on the meals we serve, but it can be hard to get right for every customer.

We took the decision to change the catering we offer because the majority of snack boxes were being wasted. We’re always looking at ways to reduce waste, both for the environmental impact of disposing of it, and the amount of fuel that’s burned when carrying additional weight on the aircraft.

You should have been offered a small snack as an alternative. Please accept my apologies if this wasn’t the case.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
i am sooooo glad my short haul is SU or S7 and my main BA flights are DME - LHR Friday and Monday (Plus I really (Fetish for) like motzeralla and tomato)

I seem to see the best of BA
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
My mum has recently done her second BUD-LHR trip after another one in December. This is about as much as she flies and yet she has complained about the cutback in catering. Here's how she recalls it:

BA869/02AUG 1855-2040: sandwich and muffin
BA870/08AUG 2045-0010 +1: choice of crisps/nuts/biscuits

On random October dates BA offers return fares as low as £97 from London to Budapest. Whilst this is much more expensive than the LCC competition:
FR: £38
W6: £40
U2: £67
me living near LHR makes it a no-brainer. Will buy a sandwich at Pret, no issues.

Last edited by zat_dude; Aug 22, 2016 at 2:56 pm Reason: Correction of wording
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Not the cut and paste I expected

Well, I complained. Not only about the crisps to and from Faro, but particularly that the cut was not announced, therefore not expected, and left me arriving home at 02.45 hungry, yet too late to eat something.

I expected a bland cut and paste, possibly about another subject altogether, and am relatively pleased with the reply, if not the outcome, ie no change coming. Of course there is the usual b/s about listening and passenger enjoyment :-

Thanks for your email about your flights to and returning from Faro. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my reply.
I’m sorry you're unhappy with the recent changes made to our catering. I recognise as you weren't made aware of this, you're feeling let down and I'm sorry for the disappointment this caused.
We want every element of our customers’ experience to add real value where it matters for them. We will make changes where required to focus investment on areas that make a discernible difference to our customers. We are committed to reducing waste and complexity so we can operate in as environmentally friendly and efficient way as possible.
Our Chairman and CEO Alex Cruz, is very interested in our customers’ views and he makes sure we make continuous improvements across all areas of our business. He likes to take charge of specific parts of our operations and reviews the performance of our flights every day. As I’m sure you can imagine, Alex receives a lot of emails and letters from our customers and he reads the majority of them. This helps him know exactly what’s happening in our business and shows him where we need to focus our attention.
We value your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club and I hope you enjoy your flight with us to London Gatwick on 07 September. Please feel free to contact me directly by using the blue link below if I can help you with anything else.
Best regards
Roslyn Murray
British Airways Customer Relations
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
I had two ET short haul flights today. First BA315 (CDG-LHR) and than later the evening flight BA770 (LHR-OSL).
Both flights had exactly the same "'complementary food" on offer.. crisps, nuts or biscuits.
The 770 is a band 3 flight at dinner time, so I was quite shocked that this was all that was being offered. I had a band 3 flight on the 29th of August, and had the "lunch box" that consisted of a bacon bun and a muffin. So is this yet another "enhancement" for september?
Another diappointment was the removal of ice cream for the GF lounge. It must have happend sometime during this week?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:32 am

I'm still confused as to what the new arrangement is. On ZRH-LHR (Band 2) 13.10 departure on Tuesday I got a chicken + bacon wrap, whereas I was expecting only the crisp(s).

What's the deal on lunchtime Band 2 flights now?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
I had similar returning from GVA last week. Declined as the wrap was filled with mayo (yuk), but nice to have the option nonetheless
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I'm still confused as to what the new arrangement is. On ZRH-LHR (Band 2) 13.10 departure on Tuesday I got a chicken + bacon wrap, whereas I was expecting only the crisp(s).

My understanding is that there s still wrap for lunchtime flights for both band 2 and 3. Similarly, breakfast hasn't changed. It's effectively afternoon (for band 3) and evenings (for bands 2 and 3) that have been sacrificed by the petty team.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1

No changes were made to Band 2. The changes were to Band 3.

This means that at certain times of the day, Band 2 gets more than Band 3. Makes perfect sense.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Davidjonesk
No changes were made to Band 2. The changes were to Band 3.
I don't think that's correct: my understanding is that the band 2 evening wraps have also been enhanced away.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Littlegirl very kindly provided me with an update on the ET catering, which I was able to collate into a set of diagrams, see below

UK Domestic

Euro Traveller

Breakfast
A filled croissant and orange juice. A vegetarian alternative is also available on request. Service follows with the choice of tea or coffee

Euro Traveller Band 4
Breakfast deli box containing an egg and bacon sandwich, yoghurt pot, and a Lily O’Brien’s chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered

Snack basket
Your choice of Island Bakery cookies, Corker’s crisps and Thai Street Food savoury snack will be served with your choice of beverage

Lunch
Euro Traveller Bands 2, and 3
A sandwich will be served with your choice of beverage. Vegetarian option available on request

Rest of the day meal
Euro Traveller Band 4
Drink from the bar followed by Deli box containing a sandwich, dessert pot, cheese and crackers, and a Lily O’Brien’s chocolate. Special meals are available but must be pre-ordered

Club Europe

This guide is currently being re-written and there is still work to do before it can be published. Will try to get it completed before the end of this month.

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 8, 2016 at 8:18 am Reason: update diagrams and add descriptions for ET

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.