Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Choice using BA Holidays versus Avios to book hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage

I am trying to book a hotel using Avios (or at least to unlock corporate rate by using a small amount of Avios).

When I look on BA Holidays (using cash), I can book hotels and flight/hotels combo no problem, just by typing the destination town.

When I try to do the same through Exec Club (using miles), I cannot type the destination town, only the nearest destination airport, and then it shows me hotels within a few miles of the destination airport. I am looking at a hotel in a town around 40 miles from the airport and it does not show.

Any workaround?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
I can tell you that to use Avios to book and pay hotels, the redemption values are absolutely the worst. Save those Avios for a future flight and just book the hotel at the best rather otherwise you can.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Fully agree, am just looking to unlock a cheap corps rate by using the minimum amount of Avios.

Anyone had any idea how to widen the geographical search feature when using Avios (given it works fine in non-Avios mode)?

Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Why not transfer the Avios required from BAEC to Avios.com and buy there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.