Search

Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Lounge Question

I'm flying on a BA codeshare operated by EI from T1 MAN to DUB ticketed by BA. I am BA gold can I use the one world lounge or can The BA lounge in T3 being accessed airside and if so can I used that in these circumstances. Thanks in anticipation
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Well EI use T1 at Manchester so I don't believe you can access T3 lounge
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
I know my flight departs from T1 which is connected to T3 land side. I was asking if my BA ticketed flight operated by EI (not one world) would let me acces the one world lounges in T1 or is there an airside link to T3. I don't normally fly from Manchester and try to avoided it at all costs.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
I had to use my Priority Pass a month ago on this route with a BA ticket alas.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Well there isn't an airside link T1-T3 so you can't get to the BA lounge and as EI isn't a Oneworld airline you can't access oneworld lounge in T1 even though its a BA codeshare
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
I know my flight departs from T1 which is connected to T3 land side. I was asking if my BA ticketed flight operated by EI (not one world) would let me acces the one world lounges in T1 or is there an airside link to T3. I don't normally fly from Manchester and try to avoided it at all costs.
You cannot access the contract lounges used by oneworld airlines in T1 because (1) your flight is not operated by a oneworld airline, and (2) you are not flying one of the airlines who contract for that lounge access. There isn't an airside link available to you to access a lounge. Priority pass is your friend.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes another confirmation that you won't get lounge access. EI do offer lounge access in certain situations to BA cardholders (not other oneworld cardholders) but this unfortunately isn't one of those circumstances. EI is committed to joining oneworld but progress seems very slow. So yes, it's a case of either using Priority Pass or some other paid-for access. EI allows people to pay for lounges via their version of MMB. Or maybe getting to MAN T1 - certainly not my favourite airport - as late as possible that the lack of a lounge won't matter.

On the return, if it is a Stobart ATR operated service, then again no lounge access, but you would have lounge access if it's EI Mainline (typically A320).
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
You really aren't missing anything if you fail in your efforts to visit a lounge in T1.

Once you've worked your way through whatever security set-up the airport favours on your day of travel, and made it through the perfume maze, you'll have timed your arrival perfectly if you need to go directly to the gate.

Comparing the T3 effort to BA's facility in T1 manages to lift BA's offer to the levels of a Cathay Pier lounge. OK, we're talking relative ....

There again, I've only used the *A lounge in T3. Perhaps there are others, less crowded, more welcoming, better equipped. But they told me this was the best. It had no printer, staff couldn't let me use scissors except under supervision (health and safety) and I got told off for taking a newspaper. But even if I've got a chip on my shoulder, you're really missing very little if you don't get into this lounge .

Oh, and you can't get airside from to T1 from T3. Really, you can't.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
In my last visit to MAN, which was also my first, I could barely get landside from T1 to T3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.