Community
Wiki Posts
Search

July's "enhancements"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:20 am

Last few times we flew in CE, trio of 3 different type of biscuits to go with the cheese selection has been replaced by 3 malt biscuits.

Pity, liked the lava biscuit and the fruit biscuit the most, malt, the least
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by onescoop
Quite a few water fountains seem to have disappeared at T5. I always bring am empty water bottle anyway and can never find one any more.
You need to PM c-w-s for the latest scoop on fountain locations 😉
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JimEddie
I didn't realise it still did, last time the only things in it seemed to be a pile of Cadbury's chocolate
I flew JFK-LHR-BOM this week. Club Kitchen had very few items. Some cadbury chocolates, crisps were there. No ice cream(not sure if it was over or simply enhanced) but there was chocolate mousse in the fridge.

It was mostly items similar to the tuck box on long haul Y..
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Last few times we flew in CE, trio of 3 different type of biscuits to go with the cheese selection has been replaced by 3 malt biscuits.

Pity, liked the lava biscuit and the fruit biscuit the most, malt, the least
I keep a food log with photos of what I eat and drink (that I have to send to my personal trainer, argh!) and found an old file from it earlier today.

The file showed that we used to get 2 types of cheese in CE last year. Now we only get 1. The enhancements just go on and on....
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Truth is that these things tewnd to be cyclic. Someone cuts slowly over time until the product has been eroded sufficiently to drive away customers. Then a 'new broom' comes in and introduces better levels of service in order to induce more passengers to fly with them, and so on ...

I have seen this with other airlines, over a c-20 year period.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikebg
Truth is that these things tewnd to be cyclic. Someone cuts slowly over time until the product has been eroded sufficiently to drive away customers. Then a 'new broom' comes in and introduces better levels of service in order to induce more passengers to fly with them, and so on ...

Yeah, and then they trumpet it as a wonderful thing - but they are in fact giving you back what was quietly taken away.

For example, AA domestics are now making a big thing of the reintroduction of pretzels in economy! They do say that everything goes full circle.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...cabin-food.jsp
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
This service is now known as the "Oliver Service"' please sir can I have some more, sadly the answer will be no.
We are totally embarrassed by how little we are offering, if you are unhappy please complain in anyway you can, we have got to have this changed.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Are they still offering the 'tuck box' in Y CIHY?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
On longer flights only so no change there, yet.
Having now seen that the Kitkats , cookies Mars bars are the mini size I would rather not offer this at all, I'm really sad about this.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:47 am

I agree, it's getting beyond a joke.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Perhaps it's about the time we start complaining to customer relations. Surely if it's just a few of us, BA wouldn't care, but maybe if quite a few GGLs start making a fuss, it will make its way up the foodchain?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikebg
or indeed from BA over the last year to 18 months where they trumpeted the improvement in premium cabin food....which appears like they are already reversing!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Perhaps it's about the time we start complaining to customer relations. Surely if it's just a few of us, BA wouldn't care, but maybe if quite a few GGLs start making a fuss, it will make its way up the foodchain?
I'd imagine BA have done the sums about how many Golds/GGLs/Prems will actually be affected by this and are OK with it.

This will need a big number of leisure pax to vote with their feet in order to effect a change, I fear.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:28 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I'd imagine BA have done the sums about how many Golds/GGLs/Prems will actually be affected by this and are OK with it.

This will need a big number of leisure pax to vote with their feet in order to effect a change, I fear.
Yes and the problem is of course that leisure travellers don't know the difference before they travel. Then it could be ages before many travel again to take their business elsewhere.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA are not alone in this cost-cutting, of course. Currently at the DUB Hilton, where (since our last stay in January) ... no free cookies in the room, and no free drink at the Bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.