Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

cancelling award ticket within 24h of booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cancelling award ticket within 24h of booking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:50 am

The 24 cooling off policy only applies if when you book the flight is more than 24 hours away.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Anonba
The 24 cooling off policy only applies if when you book the flight is more than 24 hours away.
The question is about bookings made on avios.com though, not those made using BAEC. Do you happen to know if avios.com have a cooling off period and the details of the policy if so?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
The question is about bookings made on avios.com though, not those made using BAEC. Do you happen to know if avios.com have a cooling off period and the details of the policy if so?
Ahhhhhhh apologies didnt realise! Sorry dont know as thats not something BA handle.

Ultimately the cooling off period is BA policy for bookings made direct (calling ba contact centre or ba.com) so booking through a travel agent or avios.com it wouldnt apply unless they have their own policy.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Anonba
Ahhhhhhh apologies didnt realise! Sorry dont know as thats not something BA handle.

No problem. Hopefully the OP will check with avios.com and update us either way.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
No problem. Hopefully the OP will check with avios.com and update us either way.
I tried the webchat, but was advised to call in. Just spoke to a really nice lady who said because I called in right away they were able to reverse the transaction (without penalty) before they closed their sales processes. So I got lucky (they don't have a formal 24 hr policy like BAEC). Thanks for your help!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.