Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club World (Genuinely something new)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by orbitmic
JL J and KE J also offer excellent privacy. Window seats compare well with BA CW but other seats are a lot more private than CW non-window seats.

I agree with you that CW window seats are very good, so if the CW cabin was all made of windows, it would be great, but unfortunately, they only typically represent 25-30% of total J seats and I personally find the aisle seats extremely expose, much more so than the Cirrus one that you mention.
I had JL when I wrote my post, they’re not really a major airline in the scheme of even OW from LHR though.

The ailes look as exposed as BA other than enclosed feet, If a door could be placed on the aisle seats, I think that would be my ideal for the new BA seat.

Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by orbitmic
But unless I remember incorrectly, you actually prefer AA to BA nowadays so while it doesn't bother you, I gather that you do find it less good than the AA equivalent?
Oh, yes indeed. If I can get AA l/h to work for us in J we will take that every time. The 1-2-1 config works for us, and even the OH doesn’t mind an aisle seat!

However, getting AA to South Africa or the Caribbean can be a bit of a TP run!!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
The ailes look as exposed as BA other than enclosed feet, If a door could be placed on the aisle seats, I think that would be my ideal for the new BA seat.
They are not huge enough neither are KE but to me it doesn't matter too much either way in the sense that I don't think it's about looking at alternatives in this thread but more about discussing what could be good models without a huge footprint.

I don't know if that was not the impression but in my case I think the JL skysuite and ke aisle seats very significantly less exposed than the cw aisle seats. Put simply, when travelling JL or KE with my partner, I have no hesitation taking the aisle seat to sit next to her whilst on BA, we've long agreed to both choose aisle seats (ie not next to each other) as the difference is so big between aisle and window.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:38 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by subject2load
tessellating
If you set up in 2-2-2 config cairo would work (blocks of four with aisle access for all)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...niform_tilings
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:58 am

Has everyone lost their virtual voices?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by Purescotsman
Has everyone lost their virtual voices?
?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
?
im showing nothing here since 1st Feb.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Purescotsman

im showing nothing here since 1st Feb.
Perhaps that's because there haven't been any developments since 1st Feb.

I know it doesn't always seem that us FT'ers can resist the temptation to mouth off when we have nothing to contribute, but...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:36 am

I guess the “Future Lab” comments started everyone off again.

love to know what the “brand name” came out as.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone else get really excited when you see this thread pop up to then fall back to earth with an almighty bang when you realise there were no real updates.

Every single time.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eugegall
Anyone else get really excited when you see this thread pop up to then fall back to earth with an almighty bang when you realise there were no real updates.

Every single time.
Yes and same on Premium Fares thread when someone posts & sends it to the top by asking "any good deals right now?"
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by eugegall

Every single time.
Excited no, more of a felling of 'about time', followed by utter disdain for BA at lack of progress.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:23 am

Its pretty obvious what ba will do.

role out qsuites product under a new name (club world suites) onto initial a350 aircraft with a premium on those fares compared to the normal club world seats due to the reduced cabin density and the better seat. All 4 class aircrafts retiring soon like the 747s won’t be upgraded. Aircraft with 3 class cabins will slowly be retrofitted. In time, newer 4 class cabins will be retrofitted with the new suites alongside a new first product so that first can stay as a superior product to business on those planes - this being some time down the line.

Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How is this "pretty obvious" ?!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:29 am

I know things that u don’t

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.