Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well Done to the Crew

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Great to hear that the crew acted so decisively ^

One of those scenarios where extreme annoyance turns to total delight at seeing the offender put - literally - in his (and, sometimes, her) place.

I'm well aware that it could never be implemented on grounds of safety (and I guess also the simple practicalities of crew needing even routine access to all parts of the aircraft during a flight) but chancers like this make me muse on how good it would be to have lockable doors between the different cabins.

And in saying that, it's not a matter of snobbery/elitism. If I travel economy, I expect no more than what I have paid for, and it would never occur to me to try to 'self-upgrade' to a higher class. And likewise, when I'm in J or F, I expect the cabin to be protected throughout the flight.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Not everyone has time time to go off researching details of an entry. This is not a pub quiz. It is good practice to provide the reader with the detail in the article.
How about you skip the posts that don't meet your strict standards?

You have the time to hit reply and type out not one but two responses in defense of imaginary folks who apparently don't have the time to copy/paste a flight number. Why didn't you instead add this supposedly critical info to the thread instead?
Old May 22, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Not everyone has time time to go off researching details of an entry. This is not a pub quiz. It is good practice to provide the reader with the detail in the article.
Well,obviously it is easier to type a reply (even two replies),than spend 5-10 seconds searching. Good luck with that approach.
Old May 22, 2016, 7:49 am

Holy crap, there are people here who could start an argument in an empty room!! Route...no route...bronze....whatever.
Old May 22, 2016, 8:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by simon1234567
Holy crap, there are people here who could start an argument in an empty room!! Route...no route...bronze....whatever.
+1

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Well,obviously it is easier to type a reply (even two replies),than spend 5-10 seconds searching. Good luck with that approach.
I think it was a general point, often posters will post a flight number without the corresponding route info. Many consider it lazy, others simply haven't had opportunity to memorise all the flight numbers for all routes. I suppose the point that is being made is a simple one, as a courtesy to your fellow FTers, please post the route info when posting flight numbers: "I'm on the BA115 on Sunday" will be instantly recognisable to those who have flown that flight or who fly to that city regularly. A better way all round would be to post "I'm on the BA115 to JFK on Sunday" or even better "I'm on the BA115 New York on Sunday".

I find it similarly unhelpful when topic titles are too vague, such as "A380" or "Which flight" or "Is this really necessary" ... etc.
Old May 22, 2016, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Ans some folk find me incredibly annoying no matter what I post.
Old May 22, 2016, 8:45 am

Haha
Old May 22, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Ans some folk find me incredibly annoying no matter what I post.
^^^
Old May 22, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Appears to be Gatwick - Antigua - St Kitts.

Or LGW-ANU-SKB, for the skilled decoders
Gatters - what a surprise.
Old May 22, 2016, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
i just wont bother next time much easier!
Old May 22, 2016, 9:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by aidy
i just wont bother next time much easier!
Don't take it personally aidy, afterall this is FlyerTalk and I think simon1234567 summed it up quite entertainingly :

I'm afraid it's often par for the course.
Old May 22, 2016, 11:18 am

Hard To Imagine

Originally Posted by aidy
Well done to the BA2157 crew yesterday, we have one guy coming upto WT+ numerous times on the TATL leg of the flight.

On the tech stop he dumped himself in CW, then moved himself to WT+. Crew caught him out, he originally claimed he downgraded himself from CW to sit with his friends, but when they asked for his BP, (as the knew the load for our emptyish flight) they saw he was WT and turfed to the back. Like a dog with his tail betweek his legs.

It was your typical chancer, classy type who we noticed walked around the whole flight with no shoes or socks on... was glad to see him sent back.

I know there are a lot of complaints about the shuttle fifth freedom flights, but we had a great crew on it
After 3.3 Million Miles on a U.S. carrier, it is difficult to imagine not having shoes on in a toilet while in flight. Yock.

Given this, there are many, many mentally unbalanced, extremely OCD, or drunk folks in the air. Gotta be careful and BA was.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by FlyingWithers
Given this, there are many, many mentally unbalanced, extremely OCD, or drunk folks in the air. Gotta be careful and BA was.
Just like FT, really

Anyway, aidy, next time you will remember to specify the Flight #, Route, Class of Travel, Seat Number and, ideally, airframe registration

Sorry you were give an un-necessary hard time here.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
+1

I think it was a general point, often posters will post a flight number without the corresponding route info. Many consider it lazy, others simply haven't had opportunity to memorise all the flight numbers for all routes. I suppose the point that is being made is a simple one, as a courtesy to your fellow FTers, please post the route info when posting flight numbers: "I'm on the BA115 on Sunday" will be instantly recognisable to those who have flown that flight or who fly to that city regularly. A better way all round would be to post "I'm on the BA115 to JFK on Sunday" or even better "I'm on the BA115 New York on Sunday".

I find it similarly unhelpful when topic titles are too vague, such as "A380" or "Which flight" or "Is this really necessary" ... etc.
+1 ^
Old May 22, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Spot on. Have a like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.