Wiki Posts
Search

Well Done to the Crew

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Well Done to the Crew

Well done to the BA2157 crew yesterday, we have one guy coming upto WT+ numerous times on the TATL leg of the flight.

On the tech stop he dumped himself in CW, then moved himself to WT+. Crew caught him out, he originally claimed he downgraded himself from CW to sit with his friends, but when they asked for his BP, (as the knew the load for our emptyish flight) they saw he was WT and turfed to the back. Like a dog with his tail betweek his legs.

It was your typical chancer, classy type who we noticed walked around the whole flight with no shoes or socks on... was glad to see him sent back.

I know there are a lot of complaints about the shuttle fifth freedom flights, but we had a great crew on it
Old May 21, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Haha the walk of shame. you should seriously write in to BA and give the crew some props.
Old May 21, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
It's good practise to actually name the route..? I certainly haven't memorised the flight numbers.
Old May 21, 2016, 3:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Oh no, not more bare feet!
Old May 21, 2016, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by noFODplease
It's good practise to actually name the route..? I certainly haven't memorised the flight numbers.
Appears to be Gatwick - Antigua - St Kitts.

Or LGW-ANU-SKB, for the skilled decoders
Old May 21, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Agree,but typing the flight number into google instantly gets you all the flight details.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Agree,but typing the flight number into google instantly gets you all the flight details.
Not everyone has time time to go off researching details of an entry. This is not a pub quiz. It is good practice to provide the reader with the detail in the article.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Not everyone has time time to go off researching details of an entry. This is not a pub quiz. It is good practice to provide the reader with the detail in the article.
+1
Old May 22, 2016, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has everyone finished with criticising the OP for not saying which route? Good. Not exactly welcoming to a relative newbie and Bronze, is it.

Now, is anyone going to agree that the crew did the right thing? Or express approval for the fact that they checked?
Old May 22, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by T8191
Has everyone finished with criticising the OP for not saying which route? Good. Not exactly welcoming to a relative newbie and Bronze, is it.

Now, is anyone going to agree that the crew did the right thing? Or express approval for the fact that they checked?
Quite. And I'm sorry but if people have time to read / post here they have time to open a new tab and google the flight no. It would take a slow person 7-10 seconds. Route isn't really important anyway!

Glad crew spotted this - I wonder how many people get away with it.
Old May 22, 2016, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Route isn't really important anyway!
I am actually sure that if the route had been mentioned, someone would probably have started a discussion about why it was and how it was relevant to the story...

That if FT. :-:
Old May 22, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191

Not sure what the OP's BAEC status has to do with anything tho...?
Old May 22, 2016, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by bafan
Originally Posted by henkybaby
That is FT. :-:
Old May 22, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bafan
I was thinking that but I guess the point is that with the most vocal critics being Gold there may be suggestion of Tierism and as an equal opportunities message board this is to be discouraged

Back to the original topic, well done to the crew for the way they handled this. You do get some wrong uns on flights.
Old May 22, 2016, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
I was thinking that but I guess the point is that with the most vocal critics being Gold there may be suggestion of Tierism and as an equal opportunities message board this is to be discouraged
As a "Honolulu Gold" I try to avoid Tierism

I remember my roots!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.