Search

Self-Upgrader Ate My Wife's Meal

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 3:14 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by Cerebrito
I don't think so.

Checking the website now for a one way flight this Monday, the difference looks like it is about £350.
The problem is that they can also pick and choose fares for refund purposes (and they probably will), and calculate the difference based on a full fare Y ticket and the cheapest I class club fare they can find. Don't be surprised if this results in a refund of about 23 pence.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Cerebrito
Checking the website now for a one way flight this Monday, the difference looks like it is about £350.
I meant the content of the breakfast.

Originally Posted by V10
Don't be surprised if this results in a refund of about 23 pence.
About the price of a sausage.
Old May 12, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes it is good click-bait, and yet it accurately describes the problem. A long career at the Huffington Post clearly beckons.
Haha - indeed, credit where it is due ^
Old May 12, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Recently I posted a slightly more minor issue, I was on a CE flight that had no champagne etc because all the drink was drunk on the outbound. Now at least I did get the marginally better meal but I was on a plane with no better legroom than ET.
My complaint to BA has produced a response that they are looking at how to avoid this happening again and hope I enjoy flying with them in the future.

No other recompense/points adjustment given.

Maybe a breakfast is worth more.....
Old May 12, 2016, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The title is misleading, I thought there will be some sort of meal grabbing, an altercation, wife went to restroom and meal was stolen, something more dramatic than this...How about my compensation from what I was expecting and what I received?

Anyway, your case has been logged in behind all the other cases of self-upgraders who ate someone's wife's meals, and BA will respond soon. It is a very common situation at BA.
Old May 12, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I love the title of this thread. It is so clickable!
I think Self-Upgrader Ate My Wife would work slightly better.
Old May 12, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by nk15
The title is misleading, I thought there will be some sort of meal grabbing, an altercation, wife went to restroom and meal was stolen, something more dramatic than this...
Exactly what I was thinking.

Not to trivialize the OP's wife's less than satisfactory experience on the flight but the thread title is one of the best I've seen on FT.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Oh why did you bow to the pressure to change the title; what was the original?
Old May 13, 2016, 12:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Oh why did you bow to the pressure to change the title; what was the original?
No, no this is the original: very accurate- good job OP and I hope the compo is decent.

The revised title is: "10 reasons BA let a self-upgrader eat his wife and child, number 7 will blow your mind!" next to a photo of the BA 777 on fire at LAS.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by crazy8534
No, no this is the original: very accurate- good job OP and I hope the compo is decent.

The revised title is: "10 reasons BA let a self-upgrader eat his wife and child, number 7 will blow your mind!" next to a photo of the BA 777 on fire at LAS.
Your revised title sounds like the "news" on the homepage of FT.
Old May 13, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by crazy8534

Ah but what are the chances of them actually being able to identify a 777 given the number of times you see a picture of a A380 in a story about a A320. This is the first image which comes up on Google so mostly likely to be used. They may or may not photoshop the airline name.

Name:  fire_on_plane.jpg
Views: 2093
Size:  106.9 KB

Last edited by Worcester; May 13, 2016 at 1:28 am
Old May 13, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: BA silver.
Cabin Crew Hate Him! How To Self-Upgrade Your Wife's Meal Using This One Weird Trick The Airlines Don't Want You To Know!
Old May 13, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Sorry to read of the experience of the OP's wife.

I hope that BA provide an apology and some suitable compensation. Please let us know the eventual outcome.

I hope they follow up with the Purser. At the very least, he or she was not looking at the PIL to address the passengers by their names.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The purser should have written a report so it will be easy for CR to see what happened and reply to the OP.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:05 am

Very poor on several fronts. Basic operational errors.

You need to push BA hard in this or you will just be fobbed off with the usual letters which will no doubt refer to your wife's "flight to Dubai" or something similarly crass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.