Search

Oh Dear :( [Bad passenger behaviour on BA]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Oh Dear :( [Bad passenger behaviour on BA]

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I was flying back from Barcelona last night, in CE. Last flight out of Barcelona into Gatwick.

After the usual overhead bin locker scrample, I settle down for the meal service...

Sat in the second row seats, the gentleman across from me falls asleep but is served his special meal. It is left on the tray next to him...

To mine (and as it turns out the cabin crews amazement) the couple behind him in row 3 lean over and take his food !

Now the cabin crew clocked this and gave the couple a proper telling off but I was left shocked, never seen anything like it on BA !

Old May 2, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Wow! Were they definitely not travelling together? Some people have no shame!!
Old May 2, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
I had a girl in the row infront of me start crying when I stopped her from stealing my meal a few years ago. She complained that she didn't have time to eat before the flight and I told her nor did I but she still thought she was more entitled to my meal than I was.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
So had the pigs (assuming that they were not together or related) actually started eating it, or did the crew save it before they had. Some people are utterly shameless - how did they know he was asleep?

The crew ought not to have left it lying around if he was asleep.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The crew ought not to have left it lying around if he was asleep.
Not quite sure I agree with that. I've had a number of times I've woken up to find a WTP 'breakfast' box (and those quotes are appropriate for an east coast flight) next to me.

Given I tend to finally wake on '20 minutes to landing' - the food is most welcome.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:28 am
Original Poster

He was sat directly in front of the couple, they had served the couple and the gentleman's he was fast asleep leaning up against the side of the aircraft, so was clearly asleep. I really couldn't believe it.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
You should have offered the pigs the scraps that were left when you were done with your meal.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:47 am

I was returning from AMS a good few years back and ate everything except the smoked salmon. The Dutch gentleman (a complete stranger) next to me said "if you're not going to eat that can I have it?" . And he did. At least he asked though .
Old May 2, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by agehall
I had a girl in the row infront of me start crying when I stopped her from stealing my meal a few years ago. She complained that she didn't have time to eat before the flight and I told her nor did I but she still thought she was more entitled to my meal than I was.
That's amazing! I am in absolute awe of some peoples chutzpah.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:56 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
So what was wrong with her eating her own meal?
Old May 2, 2016, 12:00 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by Glenborama
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I have no further comments regarding the actual topic of this thread, above what has already been mentioned, so I'l focus on this.

I think this is the only time this sentence was used in a true sense

Welcome to [posting] on the BA forum! I hope you'll continue to contribute, and hopefully regale us with more tales of passenger shaming [and other invaluable contributions]! ^^
Old May 2, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, HHonours Gold, Alitalia Freccia Alata, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Marriott rewards silver
Incredible! I have never seen a version of this in the past; On more than one occasion, my veggie option is claimed by people who I assume were starving (mostly on AA). I have had a few instances of people claiming my biscuits on ET; most recent on a flight last week where a lady pretty much conned the cabin crew off my biscuits! The cc handled it well and was profusely apologetic and ofcourse it wasn't the cc's fault. reaching out to grab food is a new low!
Old May 2, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
So what was wrong with her eating her own meal?
Oh, she had her own already but was still hungry.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Oh, she had her own already but was still hungry.
Poor thing. I'd have gone up and down the aisle starting a collection for her.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Maintains my theory that something strange happens to people between check in and collecting their cases at baggage claim, some kind of chemical in balance happens!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.