Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reclear Security at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Reclear Security at LAX

Mods please move if appropriate. We will be returning from LAS via LAX to LHR with AA do we have to reclear security at LAX I know our bags will be checked through but having done this route via JFK with AA to BA which means a terminal change and security.
Thanks in advance.
John
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
No, you don't need to reclear security at LAX in this scenario.

You also don't need to reclear security transferring from AA domestic to BA international any longer at LAX, as the connector corridor between T4 and TBIT is open now.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
This is a cross-post. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...urity-lax.html
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Thanks opalfruit your a star.
John
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paul4040
Yes sorry hedging my bets..... But I'm In Vegas
John
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I did Vegas to LHR via LAX all on AA last October

I disembarked the LAS-LAX flight straight into T4 departures and went to the lounge

No security
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by thejohn
Mods please move if appropriate. We will be returning from LAS via LAX to LHR with AA do we have to reclear security at LAX I know our bags will be checked through but having done this route via JFK with AA to BA which means a terminal change and security.
Thanks in advance.
John
Also, assuming your profile is correct and you are BA Gold and have a bit of time, remember to avail yourself of the Qantas F lounge in TBIT.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life
The food and drink in the Qantas F lounge at LAX is very good but I found the ambience and seating a little bland.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:17 am
Original Poster

thanks again yes the QF lounge is on my bucket list and it looks that we are departing today from 155 at TBIT so ^
John
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Also, assuming your profile is correct and you are BA Gold and have a bit of time, remember to avail yourself of the Qantas F lounge in TBIT.
If you have time also pop into the OW / BA lounge at TBIT and grab a chocolate brownie, they are truly wonderful!
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold GL
I'm doing that same itinerary today! The LAS flights now seem to be arriving and departing from T6 at LAX. Well we departed from T6 on Monday and arrived back into T6 today. You can thru check your luggage from LAS but we didn't. I'm sure there is a connecting bus from T6 to T4 (as there is from T4 to T6) then thru the connector to TBIT however as we didn't thru check our luggage we walked from T6 to TBIT which took about 5 mins.

Just as an FYI on the outbound, while we checked our bags in at T4 the agent told us it would be quicker to walk to T6 rather than using the connecting bus from T4 and go thru security there... There was no queue at T6 so it was very fast. However while she told us that we could use the Alaska Boardroom lounge, the person manning the lounge said otherwise despite me being a GGL and travelling F. She said they only recognised AA top tier. AA seemed to be very vague about the whole thing so have not got an answer to that yet.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

When I did the las lax flight on Tuesday afternoon we arrived at terminal 4.

Regards

Tbs
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

When I did the las lax flight on Tuesday afternoon we arrived at terminal 4.

Regards

Tbs
The majority of LAS flights do still depart/arrive at T4. From what I understand it is the PHX based aircraft that use T6 (typically (FME) the former US A321 aircraft).
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Just a update. Arrived T4 gate 40 walked to TIBIT through the new connector and straight into the Qantas first lounge without any more security checks. Any one passing by I would heartily recommend food was cooked to order and great staff. Why are all lounges not like this.
John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.