Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT and WTP (family holiday) fare deals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
I have a look on google to see what prices / flights are available on a JER > NYC return for the cheaper fare and then go into BA on the multi-tool.
Not every flight is included, the 6pm
EWR > LHR on a Sunday night for example tends to be at a higher price point, but I found almost all the evening JFK flights in the £502 price point.

I did JER>LGW / LHR>NYC>LHR in the search field.

Play around with Google to get dates / flights that fall into a JER return and go from there, but lots of availability in June / July when I looked last night.

Pilot37
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Already mentioned in dispatches, but JER>LGW/LHR>NYC>LHR is also pricing up at £502 (like BRU). Easier to do a JER b2b and stop your trip at LHR on the way back for the same price in my opinion (plus extra TP's with JER>LGW booking into J class.

Pilot37
I've tried various combinations and it seems pot luck whether the JER-LGW (and indeed DUB-LHR) books into J. Any ideas what could explain the inconsistencies?

Regarding the New York fare, this works nicely on a flight+hotel basis too.

As many will be aware, flights that don't include a Saturday night are much more expensive regardless of class. JER-LON-NYC-LON is pricing up around £490 in P for the dates I need, but they do require a Saturday night stay which means (for me anyway) 2 additional, unnecessary nights in a hotel, as Monday to Friday is what i'm after.

A flight + hotel deal via BA holidays, a bit like Expedia, removes the need for the Saturday night. The P flights above and hotel are working out about £890 for a Monday to Friday 4 night stay based on 1 adult, so if you are 2 sharing that cost should come down further.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Hmm, I can price it up on BA multi-city in WT, but if I change to WT+, I can select flights in WT+, but it jumps to Club World on the price screen Maybe one for the telephone...

Edit: Aha, it works as a simple JER-JFK return, but not JER-LON-JFK/PHL-LHR multi-city...
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus
Hmm, I can price it up on BA multi-city in WT, but if I change to WT+, I can select flights in WT+, but it jumps to Club World on the price screen Maybe one for the telephone...

Edit: Aha, it works as a simple JER-JFK return, but not JER-LON-JFK/PHL-LHRmulti-city...
I've struggled to get PHL priced up at anything around £500 in WT+ while JFK and EWR have. The main reason I think is because from the summer timetable BA go from 2 to 1 a day rotations (AA pick up the other rotation) and between them they've no competition on the route, so they can charge a much higher price for the limited WT+ seats available.
If the PHL>LHR leg jumps to CW selection in the multi-tool, I think either the fare code is zeroed-out on the route or they have severely restricted the number of seats available on it. PHL is my intended destination on any of these pricing adventures, but finding a decent ex-EU has proved difficult (currently on a DUS b2b (2nd of 3) where I managed to find £600 return WT+ pricing to PHL with some avios moving me to CW. Check DUS if PHL really is your intended destination.

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Jan 26, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Also worth mentioning Philadelphia is a super easy (and reasonably cheap) train journey from Penn Station. Not great for a pure in'n'out TP run, but fine if you are actually going to the city...
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Just going to throw this one into the mix. It is only valid for another few days IIRC the 31st Jan on ba.com

Books into T on the Longhaul and J on the regionals so lounge access even to non status holders in INV and LHR (220TP)

Las Vegas from Inverness (Can return to any regional for £50 Extra) or about £50 per person cheaper from & Return GOT / ARN if you have Avios to burn in positioning and the kids tolerate a jaunt to Sweden

Las Vegas:
INV-LHR-LAS-LHR-GLA/EDI (£688) INV (£633) - November

San Fransisco:
INV-LHR-SFO-LHR-GLA/EDI/INV (£605) LHR (£645) - November

The Vegas one I made into a holiday adding a week in a hotel on the strip and car hire for the week for an extra £120 a head - Bonkers saving. Needless to say im booked
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
I booked LHR-ORD-BNA / BWI-LHR-CPT for £1070 in WT+ for end-Apr

(Was £940 from GOT or also £9xx from DUB and a couple of other places but couldn't get a positioning flight on Avios, nor had the time. Could also have flown into WAS direct but fancied a weekend in Nashville first. Also found £1010-£1030 via various travel agents but I wanted to book on BA as separate sectors BWI-LHR & LHR-CPT so I could be sure to be able to switch luggage in London without worrying about short-checking hassles)

Earns enough Avios on the South Africa leg to almost cover the return in Y back from CPT-LHR (+£130)
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by DeanB
I booked LHR-ORD-BNA / BWI-LHR-CPT for £1070 in WT+ for end-Apr

(Was £940 from GOT or also £9xx from DUB and a couple of other places but couldn't get a positioning flight on Avios, nor had the time. Could also have flown into WAS direct but fancied a weekend in Nashville first. Also found £1010-£1030 via various travel agents but I wanted to book on BA as separate sectors BWI-LHR & LHR-CPT so I could be sure to be able to switch luggage in London without worrying about short-checking hassles)

Earns enough Avios on the South Africa leg to almost cover the return in Y back from CPT-LHR (+£130)
How did you price this as looking at that routing to CPT I cant get it near 1k more 2.5

Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
How did you price this as looking at that routing to CPT I cant get it near 1k more 2.5

Thanks
I used Google Flights, Expedia & TravelUp to find the right combination of start & end dates, and various destinations in the US (also IND & SDF worked quite well). Then booked on BA. Varies quite a lot by specific day though.

Had a look on Expedia just now & gives me an error, though. Same flight as yesterday now prices as £1427 on BA.com multicity

Found a couple of others on TravelUp that are still c£1060ish (including one into WDH)

Last edited by DeanB; Feb 6, 2017 at 11:45 am
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
We have a trip to California booked in Sept using AA miles but are thinking to instead book JER-SJC and LAX-JER currently pricing at around £760pp in WT+. I think this would give us the new WT+ seats in each direction.

We are happy to do a day trip maybe for lunch on Jersey and go on
from LHR the next day.

This seems like a good price. The CW prices are too high for us as it seems Sept is not usually a sale period and the ex EU deals have dried up a bit.
We would like to save our (more valuable) AA miles for a future trip going east on QR or CX.

Just asking if this makes sense? The new WT+ seats seem good and we would also possibly be able to upgrade with Avios (but not counting on it). Are there any better options out there we are missing? Happy to do ex-EU but would prefer LGW or LCY final legs.

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
787 and A380 will be a great combo, and at a solid price - go for it! JER is fine for a B2B, though a day/overnight trip would be pleasant too.

If you're able to start mid-week then it'd be <£500 from GOT too, or £600 on the weekends. However I can understand why you'd want a flight from LGW...
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:47 am

With thanks to the Premium fare forum - OSL>LHR>BKK return with BA available in WTP+ for £373. Availability appears to be Apr-Jun.
Doubt it will last long, and while available from SVG/BGO as well, seems only to work on the direct LHR>BKK service.

Pilot37

Hat tip to OP aama
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
With thanks to the Premium fare forum - OSL>LHR>BKK return with BA available in WTP+ for £373. Availability appears to be Apr-Jun.
Doubt it will last long, and while available from SVG/BGO as well, seems only to work on the direct LHR>BKK service.

Pilot37

Hat tip to OP aama

Great deal, can't seem to find it... has it gone already?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Gomac
Great deal, can't seem to find it... has it gone already?
Sorry - forgot to mention - easiest way to find it is via google flights, but select economy as your class. When you select your dates it places you in WTP+ on the l/h sectors and then use the BA link button at the bottom to go direct to the pay page on BA.com.

Pilot37
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sorry - forgot to mention - easiest way to find it is via google flights, but select economy as your class. When you select your dates it places you in WTP+ on the l/h sectors and then use the BA link button at the bottom to go direct to the pay page on BA.com.

Pilot37
Found it, many thanks Pilot37

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.