FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   WT and WTP (family holiday) fare deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1758820-wt-wtp-family-holiday-fare-deals.html)

henkybaby Apr 11, 2016 6:26 am

WT and WTP (family holiday) fare deals

Inspired by mikeyfly, I figured it might be an idea to also have a thread where we can help people find good deals. Those travelling with families for the holidays may not all be in the market for CW or F tickets. Also they may prefer shorter travel times with not too many transits, including positioning.

Sometimes you can save more (in %) on finding a good deal in WT for a family of 4 than on a trip for 2 to BKK in CW.

So, publish your good deals (on OW airlines) here and help out your fellow travellers finding those often very welcome savings.

(as a slight exception to the Premium Fares thread, I would suggest that 1 stop superdeals exUK on other alliances are welcome too. However, I would suggest looking at secretflying.com first. We don't like them stealing our ideas all the time, but they do have a good overview for economy deals.)

PS: I have no idea when the UK school holidays are. So if you have a request, please use dates instead of 'summer holiday'... :)

flashware Apr 11, 2016 6:44 am

Good one, thanks henkybaby. Occasionally there is a need to fly Y to get across for a US-based TP run ;)

mikeyfly Apr 11, 2016 6:49 am

This really is a great idea Henky – I know most people here on FT are after a bargain (under £1k) long haul exEU to somewhere in a premium cabin, but there will be lots of lurkers / passer-byers / friends and family that actually want a family vacation inside school holidays that is often nearing £1k per person – economy. This will be a good tool and help those that price at whatever (discomfort) is best getting them to their destination.

creampuff Apr 11, 2016 7:47 am

Cathay Pacific: now having 7 day sale with plenty of PEY fares, including LHR-HKG for <£1000.

stewaran Apr 11, 2016 7:54 am

great idea, I would be interested in anything LHR-PER

Went in 2009 for £362 each with SQ. be nice to see it at that price again!

ESFLYER95 Apr 11, 2016 7:55 am

Originally Posted by stewaran (Post 26468596)

Email from QF this morning. Perth from £618 in a new sale.

Swiss Tony Apr 11, 2016 7:56 am

Three thoughts...

1) I don't think it's ingenious to correlate interest here just to families.

2) There's a huge gulf between PE and Y, especially with BA's micro-pitch on the 787 and the prospect of 10-across on the 777.

3) You start catering to a very limited audience when people say "I want to fly really cheaply in Y but will only travel XYZ"

Now, to add something helpful...

QF are selling LHR-DXB 11/4-22/6 and November, PE for £684. Book by April 19.

:D! Apr 11, 2016 7:57 am

Originally Posted by creampuff (Post 26468578)
Cathay Pacific: now having 7 day sale with plenty of PEY fares, including LHR-HKG for <£1000.

Arghghg, just booked with BA, never mind as I'll get more Avios and I don't have time to turn around at DUS (if I wanted J) anyway... but Y is now £414 return...

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony (Post 26468605)
QF are selling LHR-DXB 11/4-22/6 and November, PE for £684. Book by April 19.

And some people may have Amex offers for £100 off £600 on QF, which is even better. When I checked earlier this month it was £6XX for Y

henkybaby Apr 11, 2016 8:00 am

Some OneWorld summer holiday routes to the USA.

WT ex Germany

I know that California is popular in the summer and tickets are often close to £900 if you don't want to fly WOW! or The Cook named Thomas. You may even prefer OneWorld. :) You can fly exDUS with one stop on AA to LAX for £552 in July and August. Some slightly more expensive alternatives are available too.

From TXL you can fly to SFO for £461, but with two stops on the outbound. The inbound routes via LHR.

To Florida your best bet also is to start in Germany, with HAM being cheapest at £353 to TPA.

WTP to US - Germany and DUB

WTP to Florida exDE is available at £895 and slightly higher

For WTP to California the best deal (close by) is PHX (or SFO) at around the £1100 mark. Availability is limited.

DUB-USA for WTP is always a good bet and it seems to work throughout the summer. CA around £1100 and FL can be found around £900 to £1100.

Foltan Apr 11, 2016 8:01 am

Are we including Ex-EU's?

There's fares from CPH/SVG/BGO to the US for £300-360 at the moment, and they're all 'easy' back-to-backs that could be done with children.

But then again, I don't have children so what do I know! :D

EDIT: Just realised these probably don't cover school holidays. Are we just sticking to 'family friendly' deals?

henkybaby Apr 11, 2016 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Foltan (Post 26468636)
Are we including Ex-EU's?

There are no rules. Lets see what people want to find and want to share. At this rate a Wiki is in order soon. :)

I think it is good to note if a fare is available during the summer holiday and if it is 'child friendly' but that doesn't mean we have to limit ourselves to those.

Calum Apr 11, 2016 8:12 am

INV-LHR-DXB return in WTP can be had for £614 on the 789.

ESFLYER95 Apr 11, 2016 8:15 am

LHR-HKG on BA for £399 over the next month so.

creampuff Apr 11, 2016 8:15 am

LHR-PER also for sale on CX website (in Y/PEY/J from memory). Not as cheap as your SQ price though.

flashware Apr 11, 2016 8:17 am

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95 (Post 26468601)
Email from QF this morning. Perth from £618 in a new sale.

Yes and if you have an AMEX and managed to get the QF offer - there's another £100 off bringing it down to £518.

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 26468609)
Arghghg, just booked with BA, never mind as I'll get more Avios and I don't have time to turn around at DUS (if I wanted J) anyway... but Y is now £414 return...

Don't forget you have 24 hours to cancel the BA booking if you want ^