Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT and WTP (family holiday) fare deals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Some good promotional £600-700 fares on Iberia for PE (and some J) to the US, connecting via MAD. Work fine for single/double open-jaws. Some on Iberia website, others available on on Expedia / eBookers / other OTAs

I booked CPH-MAD-ORD / SFO-LON for £632 for October 2019

Also various good rates ex-DUB, LIS, VIE, AMS, or into AUS & maybe others, plus returning from NYC, SJC and more. Found one on Expedia at £587 DUB-AUS / SFO-LON

Also saw a mixed J-out, PE-back at £1000ish for CPH-CDG(overnight)-MAD-ORD
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:20 am

Hi!
Me and my wife are planning to go to the US for 8-9 weeks sept - oct. From Gothenburg Sweden, BA is the best choice economic and timewise.
Found WTP tickets GOT (Gothenburg) - LHR - LAX, LAX - LHR - GOT in september and return early nov. A380 to LAX and B787-9 return to LHR, 2 people for £1400 (SEK16000, $1790). What do you think, is that a good price?
In WT with checked bags + 1 extra on the return (shopping...) and seat reservation the price is £260 (SEK3000, $330) less. I need seat reservation in WT because of medical issues and last time I didn't get that for free, but in WTP the seat configuration is 2-3-2 and then I can manage cause I'll either get a window or an aisle seat.

So good or bad?

Thanks Anna

Last edited by Annaer; Jan 11, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Old May 29, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
It seems that there is some sort of interesting pricing for WT+ from all over UK to all over USA and Canada in the latter half of this year and beginning of next year.

Google showing prices at £700+, when you go to Momondo or Skyscanner, they are coming up at under £500.

Example: https://www.momondo.co.uk/flight-sea.../?sort=price_a
Old May 29, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
It seems that there is some sort of interesting pricing for WT+ from all over UK to all over USA and Canada in the latter half of this year and beginning of next year.

Google showing prices at £700+, when you go to Momondo or Skyscanner, they are coming up at under £500.

Example: https://www.momondo.co.uk/flight-sea.../?sort=price_a
When I clicked on the link the price shows £472 which is amazing.. but when I click to view the deal it goes up to £688... which in my estimation is a pretty good price, but a sub £500 to LAX in WT+ would be incredible.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC
I clicked the link also for monmondo but I then clicked through to a 3rd party site and got a total of £688! I also couldn’t find anything to NYC.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Seems to have been pulled. I hadn't realised the Spanish could be so efficient.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Originally Posted by Annaer
Hi!
Me and my wife are planning to go to the US for 8-9 weeks sept - oct. From Gothenburg Sweden, BA is the best choice economic and timewise.
Found WTP tickets GOT (Gothenburg) - LHR - LAX, LAX - LHR - GOT in september and return early nov. A380 to LAX and B787-9 return to LHR, 2 people for £1400 (SEK16000, $1790). What do you think, is that a good price?
In WT with checked bags + 1 extra on the return (shopping...) and seat reservation the price is £260 (SEK3000, $330) less. I need seat reservation in WT because of medical issues and last time I didn't get that for free, but in WTP the seat configuration is 2-3-2 and then I can manage cause I'll either get a window or an aisle seat.

So good or bad?

Thanks Anna
Hey a very late response, but for me that would be a good direct fare from LHR give or take £50, OSL - LAX can apparently go to £550 ish in WTP. I have personally seen it at near £630 myself
Old May 30, 2019, 8:54 am

Nashville 7 nights fly-drive ex-London @ £569 per person in WT. Dates chosen were Dec 6-13 on BA website choosing flight + car.

By way of background, I was looking for flights to Huntsville Alabama and BA was not recognising HSV as a destination and AA was quoting £810 for flights only. So looked for alternatives to Nashville and this is what BA came up with. WT+ prices is £1301. WT cabin is were the value is to be found.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:13 am

Can anyone help?
I booked some of these WTP fares £466 ncl-mia
I am just a bit worried these will get cancelled its almost the same cash i paid just in taxes and fees on my original avios booking.
Does anyone think its ok to cancel my original miles booking now these have been ticketed and i can login to the booking?
Also can these travel agent fares be upgraded with avios?
Old May 30, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by poppyz
Can anyone help?
I am just a bit worried these will get cancelled its almost the same cash i paid just in taxes and fees on my original avios booking.
Does anyone think its ok to cancel my original miles booking now these have been ticketed and i can login to the booking?
Also can these travel agent fares be upgraded with avios?
May I ask which travel agent you purchased the fares through? £466 NCL-MIA seems to be a brilliant fare.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:33 am

it was crystal travel , there was also travelup and one or two more
Old May 30, 2019, 9:44 am

LHR-MOSCOW various dates from June to Sept for £380 in W! Steal and 180 TPs
Old May 30, 2019, 9:46 am

it was crystal travel , there was also travelup and one or two more
Cannot speak for Crystal travel, but I have used Travelup around 10 times without incident and they have never cancelled a ticket. Assuming you have already paid Crystal travel as you can see your booking on BA MMB I should think that you are OK to cancel the reward tickets.
I don't believe you will be able to upgrade using Avios on the Crystal tickets, however, you can always try for an upgrade at the airport.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:54 am

Unless you want the Avios for something else right away, I'd hold tight for a while. You can cancel an Avios booking for a refund of Avios and money less the cancellation fee up to 24 hours before travel, so maybe wait and see if there's any sign of the paid fare being cancelled.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:57 am

Can anyone help?
?
Out of interest (and envy) what month is this fare for, would like to see if they are still available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.