FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room).

The BBQ itself will be £5 per person, pay at bar and then collect food, with a choice of:

Aberdeen Angus Beef Burger
Cumberland Sausage
Mixed Vegetable Burger

Selection of toppings and dressing, served with

Tomato and Red Onion Salad
Mixed Green Salad
New Potato Salad

Bar Prices
Bottle Beer - £3
Cider - £4
Belvoir Soft Drinks - £2

Large range of wines and champagnes including:

Bollinger £45
Joseph Perrier £30
Prosecco £15

Musar Jeune Red - £15
Sharpham Valley White - £15

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
Park Plaza Riverbank - hcuk94

Attendees updated to post #255
Confirmed - 71
Accidental Scientist, aks120, BA or bust, bafan, BAGoldBoy, BAGoldBoy+1, BlackberryAddict, BLHD, BLHD+1, boost, CasaDeTony, CasaDeTony+1, Chris_G, chris1979, Cris L, danielbk, danielbk+1, DGM1985, elsanchez, ESC, frasier, frasier+1, GadgetGal, Godot, Gshumway, hcuk94, howarsan, howarsan+1, Iamnotlost, Iamnotlost+1, Iamnotlost+2, jcm9000, Jermyn, Jimmie76, JohnSydney2000, JohnSydney2000+1, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LE2, LondonAndy, LondonAndy+1, mariagri, matthandy, megaloman, missdimeaner, NoTiersForMe, nwmgc, onaswan, onemoretrip, Pandra, Pandra+1, Physci, Pilot37, pjh981, Richmond_Surrey, robertf999, Sealink, seaskybound, Sixth Freedom, skye1, small_clanger, snuffi, SleepySynapse, Sparkster, Stimpy, TheFlyingDoctor, Tiffywren, tomparskate, wizla, World Traveller Fuss, 81romeo

Possible - 25
agehall, AJLondon, AlisonB84, AlisonB84+1, angeloedades, darthlemsip, DocWatson, Eskimoboy, exilencfc, Gagravarr+1, GodAtum, Gshumway, JamieABZ, johnny5a, mattking2000, michalis, missdimeaner, papyPiHi, pianoamit, Raffles, RichardInSF, RichardInSF+1, Soupey202, visualAd, yetihouse

Pre-Do Lunch

For anyone interested in meeting up before the Do (or that cannot attend), we're thinking of having a lunch on Friday.

Interested in lunch

Location: Skylon (at the Royal Festival Hall), due to the small group I (Dylan) made a reservation.

dylanks, jcm9000, Elsanchez, Alextheengineer
Print Wikipost

The London DO 2016 - Friday 1st July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Fussy answer... provisionally yes!

I'd love to meet other BAEC FT'ers
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
Fussy answer... provisionally yes!

I'd love to meet other BAEC FT'ers
I guess you're cc then?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am not sure why the obsession with CC coming. As far as I remember cc haven't come to any Do over the last few years - and perhaps no one could blame them.

An FT Do is open to all FT members, and thier friends or partners even if not on FT.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
I am not sure why the obsession with CC coming. As far as I remember cc haven't come to any Do over the last few years - and perhaps no one could blame them.

An FT Do is open to all FT members, and thier friends or partners even if not on FT.
I don't think it's an obsession of mine, just wondering
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
As far as I remember cc haven't come to any Do over the last few years - and perhaps no one could blame them.
There was one a couple (?) of years ago in The Tapster (rip!) where a couple of cabin crew came....

I hope to be there, but will have a friend from New York staying - I'll try to persuade him that it is a good opportunity to have a nice river-side BBQ
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by LE2
I always thought that these do's were for the FT elite.

I'm really happy to see that there will be some first timers and newbies...gives me confidence to join in.

Please count me in!
Most definitely not for the elite. We've got bronzes attending, Jamier45 has been and even had CC in disguise.

There have been quite a few newbies and lurkers at previous DOs and don't forget, it will have been all of our first time at some point. I do remember being very nervous about my first DO but haven't looked back.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
in, as a longtime lurker
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Should hopefully be able to make this one ^
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
I'm in...Chris
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:19 am

Not sure what my travel plans look like that far out, but if I'm in the UK then it's an easy trip from work. So count me in as a maybe!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I truly hope to make this one, have only been to one....
So a strong maybe from me, I did enjoy the one and only 'do' that I went to.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Any age restrictions? (earlier on obvs)
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
Anyone over 120 must have id! I don't think there have been from past dos but a fair question what with uk licensing laws!! Everyone is very welcome! Just know if i am getting trollied i will avoid you as i am 100% kids and booze don't mix (as i dig into beer no 10). Hic. Not saying dont bring the family!!! Lots of nondrinkers or more responsible adults than me will be there!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by 81romeo
I don't think it's an obsession of mine, just wondering
We should encourage cabin crew on every flight to come just so we can buy them a beer! And yes im rubbish at multiquote. I blame iphone.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
I can check with Gavin. We've had under 18s at DOs in the past though they have been in public venues. I'm not sure what the license arrangements at the hospital are but if they have a public license, anyone wishing to buy alcohol, would need ID.

we've certainly had people acting like 12-year olds attending in the past.... (not naming any names but one of them is foolishly thinking he's watching England kick a football instead of attending).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.