Wiki Posts
Search

Flounge access question.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Flounge access question.

I will arrive in LHR on a OW carrier in F. Due to flight schedules I need to stay overnight in London before flying out the following day in J on BA. Am I restricted to the J lounge the day I fly out of LHR, or will it be possible for me to use the Flounge?

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
J lounge only I am afraid. The oneworld connecting rules allowing access on the basis of the inbound flight are only for same day or before 6am next day connections.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-question.html

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Whilst oneworld rules don't permit this, if your connecting flight is the first flight of the day to your destination, then unofficially BA have in the past granted access.

No harm in showing your inbound F boarding pass at the Galleries First reception (or the Concorde Room reception if inbound BA F) and mentioning the above 'first flight of the day'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.