Avios seat availability email alert

Old Mar 19, 16, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Avios seat availability email alert

I wanted to travel from Phoenix to Delhi International Airport if no seats then wanted to fly to Bengalore International Airport in India. I have some avios but while searching BA website it says no inventory for avios seats. It's hard using their website to find the Avios seat availability. Is there a way to find the avios for a range of dates look up and get an email alert?
Old Mar 19, 16, 12:30 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Award Nexus
Old Mar 19, 16, 1:06 pm

Good evening shankari 1242, and welcome to the BA board. Someone ever so important will be along to welcome you shortly I expect but we are pleased to see you.

You need to give us some more information about class of travel and dates. You may also find flights by looking at the PHX to LHR and then LHR to DEL separately. I can for some random dates I tried, although there was not much.

There are experts on this sort of thing who can offer you advice when they read your post.

Award Nexus is an internet tool (app? I'm not sure) that many people use to help locate award flights. I've never used it so cannot say more.
Old Mar 19, 16, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shankar1242 View Post
Is there a way to find the avios for a range of dates look up and get an email alert?
Greetings shankar1242, you have come to the right place, welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum. It's great to see you here and I would certainly encourage you to make the most of this resource.

AwardNexus is good for heavy duty searching, but that maybe premature. You may want to try searching by legs first and then playing around with the possibilities. Avios redemption in economy (World Traveller) isn't normally considered a good idea, but it has its uses, e.g. for single rather than return tickets. Note that the screen which gives flight details does have a "date range" link towards the top, which allows you to scan a month or so. You can click then > area to advance a month at a time. Using Avios does require some patience, it has to be said. Also have a look at some of the threads marked as Sticky and also the Dashboard, you'll find other hints and tips buried away there too.
Old Mar 19, 16, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Yesterday I booked one way (won't return back) ticket for my family including 2 adults and 2 children ( 5 years & 2 years) using my accumulated avios. I booked for may 3rd because none of the other dates in May and June no inventory available for Avios booking. This date is took early for my planning but the customer rep of BA told me that you book online first and then keep monitoring the avios seat availability for the dates that I prefer (mostly from May last week to Jun 1st week). As I said before BA website tests our patience hence any web site or email alert would be helpful for my change of itinerary.
Old Mar 19, 16, 3:50 pm

There is no advantage for booking a date that you don't want and can't use, unless you like paying change fees. Booking a date doesn't give you any more access or availability than not booking a date.
Old Mar 19, 16, 7:07 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
If the date is inconvenientto fly on, it's better than no flight at all, so book and wait for better dates. If the date is impossible to fly on then don't book as you just have to pay to change or cancel
Old Mar 19, 16, 8:13 pm

I concur with the above two comments - if you are within 24 hours of booking, call up for a free cancellation.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: