Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver/Golds can no longer select Exit Rows in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by pcraftuk
Thanks but after informing them that there is an identified issue the BA social media team post this....

"This is not an official response from us, we don't post on Flyertalk. This has been passed on to be looked at. ^Lynn"
Oh wow, could it be any worse?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:50 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by GLA
This is the rule rather than the exception. In contrast to the email CS team who just copy and paste meaningless management-speak drivel, the Twitter team just seem to make stuff up! I was told that exit seats on domestic flights become available for booking 14-4 days before travel. They are all very perky but don't really know anything useful about how the BAEC benefits are supposed to work.
Hi GLA....I spoke with the social media team manager today to brief her on the issue and latest status. She has arranged for everyone to be briefed and that will include a reminder of Executive Club member seating benefits. I will keep her and her team informed of progress.
We are actively seeking a solution to resolve the exit row issue as a top priority and I am monitoring progress daily. Will post further updates as I have them.
Simon
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:55 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Thanks!

Any chance of a statement on the website explaining that this published benefit of gold/silver status is temporarily unavailable?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:21 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by GLA
Thanks!

Any chance of a statement on the website explaining that this published benefit of gold/silver status is temporarily unavailable?
Hi GLA....I'll look at what we can do to message on the appropriate pages.
Simon
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Simon

how about the customer relations team that told me

"Our reports show there is no error on our website when selecting seats, however the reason why you're unable to select exit row seats may be due to the seats already being selected by other Executive Club members, or other passengers who have paid to pre-book exit row seats."
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: EY - Gold, BA - Gold
Thanks for keeping us informed.

Last edited by jose2000; Apr 20, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:51 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Simon

how about the customer relations team that told me

"Our reports show there is no error on our website when selecting seats, however the reason why you're unable to select exit row seats may be due to the seats already being selected by other Executive Club members, or other passengers who have paid to pre-book exit row seats."
I will ensure they are briefed tomorrow. Apologies for the inconsistent information.
Going forward I'll look at improving how we share known issues with our Customer Contact teams to ensure a consistent response.
Simon
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by 710 77345
Oh wow, could it be any worse?
well thankfully they take safety a lot more seriously.

Annoying as this exit row situation is, safety has to be everyone's number 1 priority.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I've had my BAEC number deleted today from the bookings I wasn't able to select exit row seats for. Anyone else had that? I'd rather hoped it was part of their attempt to fix this, but judging from the BA official response it's probably just them cocking something else up. Oh well!
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:09 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by jose2000

Annoying as this exit row situation is, safety has to be everyone's number 1 priority.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver

What is the connection between this IT glitch and safety??
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:32 am

Must be one of the more bizarre comments on FT. On that basis you would presumably make an excuse for any deficiency.

"Your first choice meal not available sir....well safety is our number 1 priority".
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by simons1
Must be one of the more bizarre comments on FT. On that basis you would presumably make an excuse for any deficiency.

"Your first choice meal not available sir....well safety is our number 1 priority".
It was in answer to 'could it be any worse?'.. Fairly clear I was saying 'yes, far worse, but isn't'. They aren't throwing much resource at it, would you rather they took resource from elsewhere - I think it's important to find some perspective here.

You made a very good counter argument ^

Last edited by jose2000; Apr 21, 2016 at 2:13 am
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by GLA
Hopefully not; that would probably screw something else up .
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:16 am

It was in answer to 'could it be any worse?'.. Fairly clear I was saying 'yes, far worse, but isn't'. They aren't throwing much resource at it, would you rather they took resource from elsewhere - I think it's important to find some perspective here.
Life isn't that black and white and I don't see it as an either/or.

Unless you are suggesting that the only way of throwing more resource at it would be to reduce focus on safety which I find a bit odd.

In any case BA has already told you they have escalated to their service provider Amadeus who I don't believe have anything to do with safety.

"Excuse me, this bottle of Champagne is quite warm.......sorry sir, but safety is our number one priority"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.