Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Broken seat in J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You recall correctly I am still annoyed at myself. I should have gone down a different route and said "thanks, but no thanks" on board
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You recall correctly I am still annoyed at myself. I should have gone down a different route and said "thanks, but no thanks" on board
It's a shame really, that they rely on people not being 'aggressive' enough. That includes EU261, with reports suggesting they'll just keep batting you away until you push hard enough. You were enjoying your F experience overall, so it meant you probably weren't as bothered at time, and didn't want to unnecessarily have it out with CSM. They rely on exactly that kind of sentiment to avoid compensating properly.

OP, however, can hopefully go in all guns blazing (if they so wish )!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:46 am

My dad got 50k for an F seat that wouldn't move at all.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
I got 100,000 Avios for an F seat that had to be reclined and put back up again manually. 30k for a broken J seat is poor!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
On my recent LHR - SFO on J my seat didn't recline as well as my entertainment system didn't work. I was offered 60,000 avios, so you should 100% contact them again
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The compensation for this is 40,000 Avios or £350 eVoucher.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you all. I've submitted my claim, and will report back once I hear from them.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The compensation for this is 40,000 Avios or £350 eVoucher.
But what if it's a less regular traveller who doesn't want evouchers or Avios. Wouldn't it be fair just to refund what they paid for the upgrade?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No idea, these amounts are what is to be offered from our onboard service recovery guide.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: BMI
Broken seat in J

I got 50k avios for a broken seat from TLV (although I paid a full flex J on it)
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rxfleming
BA won't give you the money back. You can forget that route.
Originally Posted by simons1
If that's the best they will offer I would be onto the Small Claims on the basis that they failed to provide the service advertised.
I agree with simons1. No matter the upgrade price at the regular fares, POUG is not small change so I would small claims it and watch BA capitulate.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:50 am
Original Poster

I received a response this morning from BA - seems fast!

40k Avios.

The consensus here seems to be to push further? Are they likely to budge though?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm surprised that you were offered only 30,000 Avios as you were offered the correct amount of eVouchers, 40,000 it is and I don't think you will get any more.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321

40k Avios.

The consensus here seems to be to push further? Are they likely to budge though?
As said before I can't imagine why you would pay cash for an upgrade to a flat bed and then accept the airline failing to deliver the advertised service.

I would use small claims and sue for return of my upgrade cash rather than being fobbed off by some Avios.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I agree with simons1. No matter the upgrade price at the regular fares, POUG is not small change so I would small claims it and watch BA capitulate.
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321

40k Avios.

Originally Posted by simons1
As said before I can't imagine why you would pay cash for an upgrade to a flat bed and then accept the airline failing to deliver the advertised service.

I would use small claims and sue for return of my upgrade cash rather than being fobbed off by some Avios.
OP Listen to above posts. You PAID ( does not matter what currency, GBP, avios etc).
You contracted with BA to supply a flat bed. They failed. Period.

Question to ask of BA now or when in small claims : " When did you know the seat was broken, was it reported on earlier fligh(s?) . If yes I would ask for a FULL refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.