Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by golfmad
You’re entitled to them but it may not post correctly automatically. I suggest you make a note to see what actually posts and then contact BA if it needs to be fixed.
Unless of course you get points for the upgraded cabin…in that case keep it to yourself
Markie, golfmad, alex67500 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 2:24 pm

So, all things going well this year, I should make GGL this year for the first time. Have a fair few flights to Latin America and have the option to route through MAD rather than LHR.

My question is does IB do anything extra for GGL (similar to AA occasionally)?

Logic would say yes as its all IAG, but logic isn't necessarily IAG strategy it seems.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 2:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
IB barely does anything extra for normal passengers!

There may be other reasons you want to book IB, but don't do it expecting the normal GGL rose petals.
aks120 and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by enemigo
So, all things going well this year, I should make GGL this year for the first time. Have a fair few flights to Latin America and have the option to route through MAD rather than LHR.

My question is does IB do anything extra for GGL (similar to AA occasionally)?

Logic would say yes as it’s all IAG, but logic isn't necessarily IAG strategy it seems.
nothing from my experiences.
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 1:45 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by enemigo
Logic would say yes as its all IAG, but logic isn't necessarily IAG strategy it seems.
For many IB staff BA Gold (emerald) is same as Iberia Plus Gold (sapphire)... had to throw a DYKWIA at MAD airport a few times flying IB when my boarding pass didn't get "FAST TRACK" on it...
Old Jan 30, 2023, 8:54 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by KARFA
but don't do it expecting the normal GGL rose petals.
The roses were enhanced away a long time ago.
rjn21, alex67500, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I’ve just nominated my two daughters for a Silver partner card. I told them to check their mail inbox for the link to accept the nomination as that was something relatively new from last year I think. However when my daughter clicked through to accept the nomination she was asked to enter the birth date of the nominator (me). Is this new? I find it slightly odd tbh that it would be a requirement to share my birth date with someone outside of my immediate family. Obviously it didn’t matter on this occasion as it was my daughter.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I’ve just nominated my two daughters for a Silver partner card. I told them to check their mail inbox for the link to accept the nomination as that was something relatively new from last year I think. However when my daughter clicked through to accept the nomination she was asked to enter the birth date of the nominator (me). Is this new? I find it slightly odd tbh that it would be a requirement to share my birth date with someone outside of my immediate family. Obviously it didn’t matter on this occasion as it was my daughter.
Probably a way of BA trying to ensure that the person receiving the email notification was meant to receive it ie reduce fraud and email typos.

A better and more IT sophisticated way might be to enter a unique code that the giver gets and shares with the recipient which they have to enter as part of the acceptance process.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Probably a way of BA trying to ensure that the person receiving the email notification was meant to receive it ie reduce fraud and email typos.

A better and more IT sophisticated way might be to enter a unique code that the giver gets and shares with the recipient which they have to enter as part of the acceptance process.
Hmm. Not so sure tbh. Seems very strange to me that BA are requiring you to share your DOB with the person receiving the nomination. That’s pretty personal. I’ve given these cards to work colleagues and friends children in the past. I wonder how new this requirement is?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 2:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I gifted one of my daughters a silver card a couple of weeks ago. I will check with her what she was asked to enter...

EDIT: I spoke with her. The email had a link for her to login and confirm that she wishes to accept the nomination. She was not asked to enter any of my details and there was no request for her to enter my date of birth.

Did you daughter already have a BAEC account? Perhaps the process is different is she was not a member although I can't really think why it would be.

Last edited by golfmad; Feb 1, 2023 at 2:35 pm
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
I gifted one of my daughters a silver card a couple of weeks ago. I will check with her what she was asked to enter...

EDIT: I spoke with her. The email had a link for her to login and confirm that she wishes to accept the nomination. She was not asked to enter any of my details and there was no request for her to enter my date of birth.

Did you daughter already have a BAEC account? Perhaps the process is different is she was not a member although I can't really think why it would be.
Thanks. Yes my daughters are existing BAEC members for a long time and in our HHA. They are 20 years old now.

I also gifted the Gold to my wife in December and that didn’t require the DOB.

I’ll ask my other daughter but so far she hasn’t responded.. being away at Uni she probably hasn’t got out of bed for the past two days .
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:30 am

Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I definitely think that's new. Not really sure what it is supposed to achieve tho? Possibly trying to reduce the number of people buying cards off ebay?

Previously they just got an email saying you have got a partner card and that was the end of it.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I wonder which problem they trying to solve by making it mandatory to share personal information?

T&Cs don't limit who we can nominate for the partner cards, so I can nominate a work colleague or anyone really. I can see dozens scenarios where people wouldn't want to share their date of birth.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:17 am

I called the GGL line. Looks like an IT issue because if you look at the screenshot you will see that it says “Join the Executive Club” as if she doesn’t have an existing account… even though she is actively logged in to her account at that point. So the D.O.B requirement is probably for new accounts only.

GGL team are going to apply it manually instead.
KARFA and m8_rotate like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.