Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
If you have so many avios. I would prefer a route where they fly first and have a class. Easy.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Doesn't seem to matter. I've done it by phone and email both before and after with no issues...
FWIW I rang three days before. The call took 2 minutes. The next day I had an email confirming the extension and indeed it appears updated in the system. Very easy.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for life
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
If you have so many avios. I would prefer a route where they fly first and have a class. Easy.
So flight to Male I wanted is almost sold out per the agent and unlikely to release my class to use a joker, presume by travel agents given Xmas week. So with the above post in mind any ideas of where I could use my joker to fly first class to with a relatively simple transfer to the Maldives? Also presume if I do this it would be 2 separate bookings and I would take the risk of the BA flight being delayed? But maybe a risk I would be happy to take. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Are there routes (apart from DXB and BOS) where BA have completely pulled A class? e.g. CPT in Oct is F9 A0 on pretty much every single flight, what happens to jokers in this situation?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Are there routes (apart from DXB and BOS) where BA have completely pulled A class? e.g. CPT in Oct is F9 A0 on pretty much every single flight, what happens to jokers in this situation?

BA have reintroduced A class on the Boston route next winter. Shame as I will miss the extra Avios on a cheap F fare.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
If A class availability doesn't open up then you are probably not going to be able to use a Joker. It might be worth asking the GGL team to ask revenue management if they are prepared to allow the seats to be taken from F buckets but it's certainly not a given.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
GGL Partner Card Query

I’d like to nominate someone for my partner silver card. I’ve noticed that BA seems to have fixed the online issue with nominating and those in your household and F&F list appear in a drop down menu. I’d like to nominate someone who isn’t in the list. I cannot modify my F&F list as I recently made a change to book someone an Avios ticket and as such it is locked out for six months. So my question is, can the GGL line nominate this person for my silver card despite the fact that they’re not on my F&F list, or is there a rule that says they have to be on this list? I’ve searched but can’t find any clear cut rules on this and I’d really like to nominate him before his next trip.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by highexpectations
GGL Partner Card Query

I’d like to nominate someone for my partner silver card. I’ve noticed that BA seems to have fixed the online issue with nominating and those in your household and F&F list appear in a drop down menu. I’d like to nominate someone who isn’t in the list. I cannot modify my F&F list as I recently made a change to book someone an Avios ticket and as such it is locked out for six months. So my question is, can the GGL line nominate this person for my silver card despite the fact that they’re not on my F&F list, or is there a rule that says they have to be on this list? I’ve searched but can’t find any clear cut rules on this and I’d really like to nominate him before his next trip.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Phone the GGL line and they can sort this out for you.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Yeh they’ve sorted it thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by womble88
So flight to Male I wanted is almost sold out per the agent and unlikely to release my class to use a joker, presume by travel agents given Xmas week. So with the above post in mind any ideas of where I could use my joker to fly first class to with a relatively simple transfer to the Maldives? Also presume if I do this it would be 2 separate bookings and I would take the risk of the BA flight being delayed? But maybe a risk I would be happy to take. Thanks in advance!
Not an easy task I realize. Lol. I would probably fly into Bombay. A380 first. Great ground service. But you have to go the cmb again then. That could be a killer. I personally don't mind as it's a quick transfer. Usually they have 2 avios seats in C. But it not perfect. Good prices are to get with Qatar lhr doh cmb in C maybe that's a better choice
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Mike P
If A class availability doesn't open up then you are probably not going to be able to use a Joker. It might be worth asking the GGL team to ask revenue management if they are prepared to allow the seats to be taken from F buckets but it's certainly not a given.
They're more likely to do this closer to departure. I asked the other day for a flight in Oct and they said it was much to early to ask Rev Mgmt - call back 6 weeks before.

I've set an alert up on EF to check.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:14 am

I am just in Capetown.. I booked C for my partner with a GUF and mid december numerous dates showed up with A class around xmas and new year. .. on the return, too.. then moved him up to A class.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by Rubecula
BA have reintroduced A class on the Boston route next winter. Shame as I will miss the extra Avios on a cheap F fare.
A class is also back on DXB, at least from April.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mike P
What do you mean by this?
Do they do that for GGL's open up seats in the cabin that normally don't have Avios allowances ?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by port21
What do you mean by this?
Do they do that for GGL's open up seats in the cabin that normally don't have Avios allowances ?
Well, yes, that's the whole point.
Above is pointing out that there's also some discretion if the applicable fare bucket isn't available... Never seen it acted upon, though, including three of my own requests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.