Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge availability and amenities at BOM

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster 60+ Travelcard
Lounge availability and amenities at BOM

I have to interrupt our 2 week stay in Goa (BA J + 2for1) to return to London for a rescheduled board meeting. This involves a 5 hour transit at BOM before catching the BA198 in J at 13.15. Hand luggage only should mean at least 4 hours in T2, even with a transfer from T1B factored in. How soon before the BA flight time am I likely to be allowed to access the lounge? Can any experienced users of the newish T2 advise on any other options?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
This thread should answer most of your queries

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lounge-10.html

I did the GOA > BOM > LHR trek at the end of November. Despite landing at BOM around 8am it was almost 10am before I reached the International terminal so you tend to be thankful for the long-layover!
Print your boarding pass out at the hotel to present to security at the International Terminal entrance, an itinerary didn't seem enough for them. The whole check-in experience and lounge are wonderful and I was able to access straight after check-in around 10.30am.
Enjoy!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster 60+ Travelcard
Many thanks Pilot37. Although I have transited before at BOM (Domestic- Int and vice versa) I do not remember it taking so long, I suppose it depends on time of day. Thanks also for the BP tip. Return from LHR the following day will be via DEL which at least lets me transit within the same terminal!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by GateLouse2
Return from LHR the following day will be via DEL which at least lets me transit within the same terminal!
DEL is a relatively nice place to transfer - lounges are good too!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by GateLouse2
Many thanks Pilot37. Although I have transited before at BOM (Domestic- Int and vice versa) I do not remember it taking so long, I suppose it depends on time of day. Thanks also for the BP tip. Return from LHR the following day will be via DEL which at least lets me transit within the same terminal!
Indeed - I may have just stumbled on a busy day (it was a Sunday), but the amount of people transferring from the Domestic to International terminal with only 1 bus shuttle, it meant it took a considerable time in the queue to make it onto the bus!
If you manage to transfer quicker than I did, security did say that check-in only opened at 10am and won't let me inside the terminal prior to that, but with a boarding pass in hand you maybe waved through earlier - just an fyi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.