Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Broken seat in F....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
I flew on honeymoon in first to Singapore on one of the old 747s (although it was new first it was still pretty tatty). We were sat in 1a and 2a and neither of our lamp lights would switch off. CC draped something over them and I dutifully went to sleep, thinking no more of it. Until I read on here that someone had complained about the same issue and got some vast number of avios as compo! Where there's blame, there's a claim
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney

No it's not. They're on honeymoon and they can't sit near each other. I'd be disappointed too. SEW,247, I hope that the rest of your holiday all goes according to plan.
They weren't sitting beside each other anyway if they chose 1k and 2k, at least in 1k and 2a they can look at each other
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by obduro
They were lined up behind one another as the middle seats were all taken, so they wouldn't be making a complaint about not being sat together in the first place, more that they were further inconvenienced by the second change.

And can you prove BA blacklist passengers for complaints? If not please stop scaremongering the young man out of choosing to make one
Where have I said he will be blacklisted?, it has been confirmed on here, by CS representatives that all complaints are recorded and if you're seen to be a serial complainer then they will obviously start to take all complaints with a pinch of salt

If the OP really believes that having to walk a few extra feat is truly worth of a complaint, then it's obviously his right to do so. If he's just hoping to make a few Avios on the side due to what will actuall turn out to be a problem to his benefit and does so regularly, he'll quickly begin to receive short shrift for his complaints!

As someone who worked in a call center for a year post Uni, I've very much learnt to pick your battles with CS!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I really do not get this craze about people (adults) sitting next to each other on flights.
Must be some new fangled modern thing.I wouldn't worry about it if I was you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.