Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Broken seat in F....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:04 pm

Don't worry about the seat move. Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon ^
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Celebrating Christmas on a honeymoon...fantastic. I hope you both have a great time.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Prospero
I was under the impression the new 789 suites don't have a buddy seat. Happy to be corrected though.

Hope you both have a fantastic flight - what a great way to begin a marital journey
Someone confirms using it for dining in the main 789 thread
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SEW247
My wife is pretty unhappy though!
Unless I've read it wrong, you weren't sitting next to each other anyway. What is there to complain about and what is she unhappy about?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by MPH1980
I'd say problem resolved personally.
Not for me, I wouldn't want to be jetting off on my honeymoon on the other side of the aircraft to my new wife. So in that sense, while the fault was resolved, it has created a new problem and I understand OP's wife's frustration - especially if there is no buddy seat in 789 F. The wife and I have done 1K / 2K previously on the premise we can eat together and sleep the rest of the flight off, but not on honeymoon.

OP, enjoy your honeymoon - I would take the earlier advice of mentioning it to the crew to see if they can discreetly ask someone (not likely that would resolve the problem though).

Alternatively, you could always put your hand up to claim 2K and the compensation
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by MPH1980

I'd say problem resolved personally.

No it's not. They're on honeymoon and they can't sit near each other. I'd be disappointed too. SEW,247, I hope that the rest of your holiday all goes according to plan.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Broken seat in F....

Looking at the layout of the first cabin on the 787-9, it means that a trip through the galley is needed each time the couple want to say hello.

I don't want to get on my the compo bandwagon and obviously each passenger got the seat in first class they paid for, but I'd be disappointed in the OP's situation. A small gesture from BA would be nice.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney

No it's not. They're on honeymoon and they can't sit near each other. I'd be disappointed too. SEW,247, I hope that the rest of your holiday all goes according to plan.
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
Looking at the layout of the first cabin on the 787-9, it means that a trip through the galley is needed each time the couple want to say hello.

I don't want to get on my the compo bandwagon and obviously each passenger got the seat in first class they paid for, but I'd be disappointed in the OP's situation. A small gesture from BA would be nice.
Call me old fashioned but if a couple on their honeymoon want to be near each other wouldn't it be simplest to pick seats that are next to each other?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by gypsyjaney

If the op and his wife were concerned about talking or spending time together, they'd have chosen a middle pair or a middle and window.

Two window seats in first can't even see each other! Especially not one in front of the other. They'd have seen each other when the one in 1k stood up unless they used the buddy seat and those things still apply.

Remember our op and wife were in 1 K and 2 K originally.

So there's little loss of companionship. All that's lost is the ability to sit in a particular seat.

It's not the ideal start to a honeymoon, but we aren't talking about 20 rows of separation, we're talking about 10 feet.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by golfmad
Call me old fashioned but if a couple on their honeymoon want to be near each other wouldn't it be simplest to pick seats that are next to each other?
Exactly. People seem to be missing the very minor fact that they had not pre-assigned seats next to each other in the first place! In fact, they will arguably be able to see each other more easily with the current arrangement than with the one that they had originally chosen! (that said, we personally like sitting behind each other too - the one in front turns back to catch up with the one behind etc, but it is a bit acrobatic!)
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:39 pm

The OP was originally in 2K and his wife in 1K, on the new 787-9. These suites are completely separate with no line of sight, one completely behind the other.

Whilst it isn't ideal he was moved to 2A and is now further from his wife, in reality I can't see it making much difference, except a little further to walk if either of them wish to speak to each other. They never were in a situation where they could chat to each other from their seats. If they wanted that, they could have chosen a centre pair originally.

So a little perspective is needed here, with some of the emotion taken out of the emotionally-charged 'honeymoon' word. It sounds like the crew pro-actively resolved a difficult situation with a broken seat, giving the OP another window seat (presumably important as he chose a window seat to begin with).

I do hope that OP went on to have a great flight and enjoyed the new F on the 787. I am looking forward to trying it myself one day!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by SEW247
My wife is pretty unhappy though!
Why? It's the first day (or technically second, third or whatever) of the rest of your lives together. Enjoy! Be happy! You know what would make me unhappy? Flying that route in coach - next to a new husband or not!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
The OP was originally in 2K and his wife in 1K, on the new 787-9. These suites are completely separate with no line of sight, one completely behind the other.
Yes it does seem strange for the OP to ask if it might be worth his while complaining when they weren't even seated together in the first place.

I'd be interested to know if he had the option to select a middle pair when he booked. If the new wife finds out he did but declined she might not be too happy with him.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes it does seem strange for the OP to ask if it might be worth his while complaining when they weren't even seated together in the first place.

I'd be interested to know if he had the option to select a middle pair when he booked. If the new wife finds out he did but declined she might not be too happy with him.

...and so begins married life!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Your first time in first already wanting a refund .

The nice thing about being married is having her sit somewhere else, after you're married for a while you'll know what I mean .

First is about stretching out enjoying the ride if you want her next to you move on back to J

First is about stretching out enjoying the ride if you want Her next to you gone back to J .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.